ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

1SICKREVIEW to come on the new ES. If you have any specific questions please post

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-12, 09:55 PM
Slogan2012
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by longslim
Went to the event here is LA and drove the same set up. I think ES ride was better than either MB or Caddy. The E 350 definitely has more throttle punch and steering was very nimble. But the E is small compare to the Lexus. I'm a big guy so looking for room and comfort comparable to my current Avalon. The redesign ES fits like a glove now, and it not as butt ugly as the Avalon.
My wife has started to warm up to it once she had a chance to ride in it. She was not going to allow a trade down in size and pay more money to boot. I've gotten a firm quote for 4% off listed MSRP of $426xx. The car has premium package, navigation, blind spot monitoring and intuitive parking. Does this seem like a good deal to anyone or should I wait a few months?
Hey longslim,

Which dealership in LA did you go to with that offer (Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Van Nys) ? I'm also from LA and I'm looking at the ultra luxury 2013 ES350. I've so far only went to 2 dealerships in Orange County - so your help is greatly appreciated!
Old 08-16-12, 01:04 PM
longslim
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slogan2012
Hey longslim,

Which dealership in LA did you go to with that offer (Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, Van Nys) ? I'm also from LA and I'm looking at the ultra luxury 2013 ES350. I've so far only went to 2 dealerships in Orange County - so your help is greatly appreciated!
Got offer from Longo they sent a VIP pricing email for prior customers and I call them. Don't know if it really helps me or just good marketing for them. However call two other dealer one in Ontario another in Riverside and all seem willing to negotiate a few point off msrp. Car I'm look at is not UL package just the premium package which all LA dealer are asking +-$42627 or invoice @$40969. So a $41500 +ttl price point I'd be very happy. Which dealer in OC did you deal with?
Old 10-25-12, 05:48 PM
LexFather

I know I owe a long review but in short the ES now feels like a full blown mid-size luxury vehicle and not an entry level one. And it should as most are in the 40k range now.

The one part that sticks out as cheap are the doors (thin and plain, GS is much better) and the usual 8 way Lexus seats (compared to the GS). The dash is very high quality and really gives the feeling of a full blown luxury vehicle.

Room is very ample, the rear is huge. Trunk room is huge.

Its funny but when I was driving it initially it was in normal and I was thinking "well drives like an ES" which is good for the target market. Putting it in SPORT really made a difference. Its no sports car but I much preferred the steering, throttle, drive in Sport mode. Great job Lexus!

The hybrid was awesome, the 200hp felt more than ample (unlike the CT which at times can feel sluggish or even the HS) and it drove like all Lexus hybrids, seamless.

Overall I was really impressed.

Thanks to Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett!

CONGRATS ES owners. Great pick up!!!
Old 10-26-12, 05:42 AM
bobraynard
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by calgold06
Mike,
Can you check if ES is capable of MAP bluetooth. With MAP (Message Access Profile), you will be able see an icon on the screen if you receive text message. The message will be read to you when you click on the icon.

I believe GS is capable of it.
I bought an ES Hybrid last Monday and I can tell you it does do MAP. The ES will read incoming messages to you. With the iPhone 5 however, it will not allow any canned replies...