ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Pricing Thread - Deals you are getting?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-12, 05:21 AM
JimBobCoot
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Atlanta Area - 2013 ES 350 Price??

We live in Chattanooga, TN and the dealer here is somewhat reluctant to negotiate. Wondering if anyone can give information regarding pricing in Atlanta! (We only have 1 dealer in Chattanooga and I know there are multiple dealers in the Atlanta area) Thanks in advance!
Old 12-20-12, 05:32 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 181 Likes on 158 Posts

Google Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett, call and ask for Joe Robb. Tell him I sent you. just use the name you see as my handle.
Old 12-20-12, 05:46 AM
JimBobCoot
Driver School Candidate

Thanks jollick! Will do!
Old 12-20-12, 08:20 PM
LexES300h
6th Gear

I am in California Los Angeles. Visited a local dealer this weekend Nebula Grey/Parchment 46k MSRP. They would not negotiate from this. They try doing me a favor taking off 500 off MSRP, great thanks. Anybody in California getting an ES300H out the door for 45K? I am being told no Lexus dealer will do that. I will only find 45K msrp and 46k msrp..HELP...
Old 12-20-12, 11:00 PM
JerryKK
Driver

Originally Posted by LexES300h
I am in California Los Angeles. Visited a local dealer this weekend Nebula Grey/Parchment 46k MSRP. They would not negotiate from this. They try doing me a favor taking off 500 off MSRP, great thanks. Anybody in California getting an ES300H out the door for 45K? I am being told no Lexus dealer will do that. I will only find 45K msrp and 46k msrp..HELP...
Depending on where you live you are looking at close to 8% sales tax and dealers are going to put on a doc fee - the typical car you will find will have an MSRP of $46,250 +- ..................if you want an out the door price of $45,000 - that would mean a price before taxes and fees of less than $42,000 - that's not going to happen and I suggest you either look for a cheaper car or raise your budget. Figure on a good price of between $43,000 - $44,000 (probably closer to $44K) - before taxes and fees. Do what I did - send e-mails to all dealers within 100 - 200 miles of you (there are many) - and see who will meet your price.
Old 12-21-12, 02:50 AM
ElliotB
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try Costco and TruCar. There is no haggling with these programs. You know the price/discount before you walk in the door.
Old 12-21-12, 06:00 AM
lemon397
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JerryKK
Depending on where you live you are looking at close to 8% sales tax and dealers are going to put on a doc fee - the typical car you will find will have an MSRP of $46,250 +- ..................if you want an out the door price of $45,000 - that would mean a price before taxes and fees of less than $42,000 - that's not going to happen and I suggest you either look for a cheaper car or raise your budget. Figure on a good price of between $43,000 - $44,000 (probably closer to $44K) - before taxes and fees. Do what I did - send e-mails to all dealers within 100 - 200 miles of you (there are many) - and see who will meet your price.
One thing is for sure that ES 300h supply is not able to keep up with demand. Lexus is overwhelmed with the response. I test drove one in October. I wanted with UL package and my local dealer did not have it. I contacted 2 other dealers within 150 miles radius and none of them had pearl white/black UL 300h. i came to know that lexus is making only 40-50 cars with UL package in a month. So if lexus makes 100 cars in a month, then 20 cars out of 100 are hybrid and only 2-3 cars are fully loaded. Long story short, we ended up ordering one and was given a timeline of feb 2013 but to my surprise ours came way early (picking up today ).

Here are the price paid

MSRP 49k Discount 2k
trade 2010 HS - 27k (payoff 26k)
Fees+taxes = 1200

Delivery price 47k (financed 2.49% for 78 months)
free tints (value 325)

I feel that it is a good price for 300h ultra luxury package. This is our 3rd Lexus with this dealer.
another dealers contacted me a month ago with the same car, it had heated steering wheel as extra and i was quoted 51k out the door and the dealer refused to budge on price. The price difference of 4k was too much and opted to wait.

Last edited by lemon397; 12-21-12 at 06:03 AM.
Old 12-21-12, 06:56 AM
dspcap
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mihink
Anyone purchase a new ES in the DC metro area? Any dealer/salesman contacts? I called Pohanka Lexus..and they don't negotiate over the phone, must come in and talk!. Don't care which dealer I buy from..want the best deal! Thanks.
Dealers don't like negotiating over the phone for a number of reasons. They don't know how serious of a buyer you are, they know you are probably negotiating between multiple dealers at the same time, pitting them against each other... They don't have the upper hand when you negotiate over the phone, your not in the dealership.

I always prefer to do the negotiating over the phone... If they won't negotiate over the phone, I typically won't buy from them.
Old 12-21-12, 06:58 AM
ElliotB
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is plenty of supply of 'regular' ESs, just not the loaded ones (at least in my area). You can often get your best deal on the last day of the month, late in the day. If you are prepared to walk if you don't get the deal what you want, you may find you get 'lucky' before you have made it out the front door, or even on your way to the car. A lot depends on whether the dealership has made its monthly sales goals or not. Negotiating can be fun, especially if you are prepared to walk...

Last edited by ElliotB; 12-21-12 at 07:03 AM.
Old 12-21-12, 07:15 AM
dspcap
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ElliotB
There is plenty of supply of 'regular' ESs, just not the loaded ones (at least in my area). You can often get your best deal on the last day of the month, late in the day. If you are prepared to walk if you don't get the deal what you want, you may find you get 'lucky' before you have made it out the front door, or even on your way to the car. A lot depends on whether the dealership has made its monthly sales goals or not. Negotiating can be fun, especially if you are prepared to walk...
I love negotiating on cars, it's like a natural high for me. Just took my mother-in-law for a new Honda and I thought she was going to blow chunks through the whole negotiation process.
Old 12-21-12, 08:42 AM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Agreed, although I don't think this works if they don't have the car you want on hand. If you need to special order, or have them trade with another dealer, your at a disadvantage. That was my situation.
Old 12-22-12, 11:20 AM
MEENag
Driver School Candidate

I signed the paperwork for a 2013 ES350 Nebula Gray with black interior last week. It is still on the boat and is not scheduled to arrive at my dealership until mid-January.
MSRP was $43628 (Luxury Package, Nav, HID Headlights, Cross traffic alert, etc)
Paid $40525 before TT&L which is slightly below invoice. (Invoice price of 40525 doesn't include cost of preferred accessory pkg 1, which the car has (Rear bumper applique, wheels locks, Trunk mat and cargo net)
No trade in. No extra fees over what is required.
No negotiation... they accepted my first offer but I had been dealing with my sales guy for a couple of months while I figured out what I wanted.
Old 12-22-12, 07:00 PM
mihink
Driver School Candidate

Try Costco and TruCar. There is no haggling with these programs. You know the price/discount before you walk in the door.
I am a Costco member..after I signed up on the website, the only dealer that was a 'costco' dealer was Pohanka. The email clearly stated that I had to come in to the dealership to negotiate. There was no mention of a bottom line 'costco' price. So basically..the costco car program is of no help if I have to deal with salesman like a 'regular' customer rather than a preferred 'costco' client.

Anyways..I'll just go to all the local dealers on 12/30 or 12/31 to try to get the deal especially at the end of the calendar year!
Old 12-22-12, 08:18 PM
mihink
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Seraph78
Purchased my 2013 Lexus ES 350 yesterday (Nov 1).

Color: Starfire Pearl (White)
Interior: Parchment (Tan)

Added packages:
- 8-speaker Display Audio with single CD Player and 7" EGA Screen, HD Radio and backup Camera
- High Intensity Discharge (HID) Headlamps
- Power Rear Sushade
- Luxury Package: Perforated leather-trimmed interior, maple wood interior, Power tilt-and-telescopic steering
wheel, Lexus memory Sys. for driver's seat, outside mirrors, & steering wheel, Remote Keyless entry-linked memory
- Intuitive Parking Assist
- Rain Sensing Wipers with Deicer
- Wood & Leather Trimmed Shift **** and Heated Wood & Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel
- Trunk Mat

Out The Door Price: $ 40280.00
That's a great price. Where did you get this deal from? I am in DC metro area and the most I got was $2K below MSRP. Please PM me!
Old 12-22-12, 09:00 PM
roblim
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by LexES300h
Did you visit either Longo in El Monte or Keyes in Van Nuys? IME, they are the dealers most willing to negotiate in the L.A. area. I would go in at the end of the month and talk to a salesperson see what happens. A lot can happen at the end of the month. If after negotiations, you don't like their best price, walk away. They usually call you the next day if they think you are serious.

Quick Reply: Pricing Thread - Deals you are getting?