ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Our new ES350 with Luxury Package

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-12, 01:46 PM
kesando
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm loving the sunset backdrop. Everything look great.
Old 09-19-12, 02:21 PM
kyo7878
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice pictures, thanks for sharing!
Old 09-19-12, 03:15 PM
bhammer
Driver School Candidate

Nice!!! I like the color. I am mixed about the clear on the hood. I wonder just how susceptible it'll be to rock chips?

What equipment did you use for the shoot? I'm headed out on Friday to take some pictures of mine.
Old 09-19-12, 04:22 PM
skydriver
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bhammer
Nice!!! I like the color. I am mixed about the clear on the hood. I wonder just how susceptible it'll be to rock chips?

What equipment did you use for the shoot? I'm headed out on Friday to take some pictures of mine.
Actually the shop recommended the clear bra on the hood. Our former 2004 ES330 got a lot of chips on the hood so it probably worth it if you don't mind the line showing. If you live in a place where there is more than average road debris that should tilt your decision to have the clear bra installed on the hood.

I used our Panasonic Lumix DMC-Z53 digital camera. Played with the exposure, set it down a three units, to darken the car color and bring out the color on the sunset. Some shots I used the flash others not. I only posted the good pictures. The smog out here in SoCal gives us orange tint sunset good for pics.
Old 09-21-12, 11:29 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, very nice, those extra photos are wicked.....congrats...
Old 09-22-12, 06:42 PM
tkbalt
Driver

The color is great !
Old 09-23-12, 09:13 AM
longslim
Driver School Candidate

I'm a So/Cal resident and need your help. I'm guessing by your photo we might be in the same area. My question is about the clear bra as who did your car and ball park the cost I live in the IE. I really appreciated any info as I'm look to do my car in clear bra before I get any dings on it. But so far the price quote I've gotten has been very high ie $1100 for just the front bumper and full hood.

Last edited by longslim; 09-23-12 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-23-12, 09:38 AM
skydriver
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by longslim
I'm a So/Cal resident and need your help. I'm guessing by your photo we might be in the same area. My question is about the clear bra as who did your car and ball park the cost I live in the IE. I really appreciated any info as I'm look to do my car in clear bra before I get any dings on it. But so far the price quote I've gotten has been very high ie $1100 for just the front bumper and full hood.
I used Invisible Edge in Riverside. Paid $350 for bumper and mirrors, normally $375 but got a discount for being a returning customer. Your quote seems high but not sure since you also want the full hood. Here's the website:
http://invisible-edge.com/home
Old 09-27-12, 03:50 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

nice choice,,, congratz. enjoy her.
Old 09-30-12, 06:55 PM
kesando
Rookie

Originally Posted by longslim
That's pretty much what the dealer will charge for the bumper, front fenders, partial hood and mirrors. The dealer also did the pockets behind the door handles to avoid finger nail scratches when opening the doors.
Old 10-27-12, 11:50 PM
sdloeffler
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by skydriver
Those are 18" Rims. Before I bought the car shopped local wheel shops. The shops were selling Lexus 18's for $800 installed with trade in. So I told the dealer I could get them for $800 so he gave it to me for that price, said his price was $1000. Not sure if that is true. My price was $41.5k plus $800 = $42.3k.
@skydriver how does it ride with those 18" rims with the Michelin's? I have the Lexus 18" rims on my UL and it has Bridgestone's and I hear and "feel" a lot of road noise on the highways. around town it's not too bad, but the highways are pretty bad. Interested to see how yours is riding. Thanks
Old 10-28-12, 09:51 AM
skydriver
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sdloeffler
@skydriver how does it ride with those 18" rims with the Michelin's? I have the Lexus 18" rims on my UL and it has Bridgestone's and I hear and "feel" a lot of road noise on the highways. around town it's not too bad, but the highways are pretty bad. Interested to see how yours is riding. Thanks
This car has a smooth ride on our freeways here in So Cal but I have to give the ride edge, ever so slight, to our previous 2004 ES330 with original Bridgestones that were changed to Michelins on 16s. Can't remember any change in ride quality when changing from Bridgestone to Michelin. Our freeways are in pretty good condition because of the great weather here. Maybe the condition of your freeways are affecting your ride more than brand of tires, not sure.
Old 10-29-12, 06:35 AM
Neoxagon
Driver

Did you ask the dealer NOT to screw on the front plate as well?
Old 10-29-12, 08:18 AM
skydriver
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Neoxagon
Didn't have to. Both times when we bought new ESs the dealer handed the front plate holder to us to be installed if wanted by the service dept.
Old 10-29-12, 09:50 AM
JerryKK
Driver

Originally Posted by Neoxagon
What are the laws pertaining to front license plates in California?

Quick Reply: Our new ES350 with Luxury Package