ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

SMS Text-to-Speech with Reply

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-13, 07:08 AM
brunla
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Droid Razr Maxx. Can read the texts, but cannot reply.
Old 02-04-13, 08:47 AM
Soonerhart
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy

Originally Posted by DASMan
Soonerhart, maybe you can talk to your contact at Seawell to see what their findings have been with the iOS version?

Just curious as I don't have my ES to try it in yet.
Just talked to the tech guy at Sewell (Alex), he says that he was mis-informed about IOS 6.1 fixing the issue. He blames it on Apple and says that they have the code and it will hopefully be fixed with the next update.
Old 02-04-13, 10:27 AM
scutmud
Driver School Candidate

Lexus's phone compatibility indicates that my iPhone 4S does not do replies or email. Only receives text. Below are features NOT compatible with my iPhone per Lexus compatibility website (very disappointing).

Multimedia system displays notification for incoming multimedia message.
Multimedia system displays notification for incoming email when phone's email application is closed.
Multimedia system displays notification for incoming email while call is in progress.
Multimedia system displays multimedia message list.
Multimedia system displays email list when phone's email application is closed.
Multimedia system displays email list when phone's email application is open.
Multimedia system displays multimedia message text.
Multimedia system displays email message text.
Multimedia system displays long email message text.
Multimedia system sends text message successfully.
Multimedia system sends multimedia message successfully.
Multimedia system sends email message when the phone's email application is closed.
Multimedia system sends email message when the phone's email application is open.
Multimedia system sends long email message.
When the mail application is open, the multimedia system controls can change the read/unread state of an email, and this change is then synchronized on the phone.
Multimedia system displays incoming MULTIMEDIA message notification while call is in progress.
Multimedia system displays incoming TEXT message notification while call is in progress.
Multimedia system displays incoming EMAIL message notification while music is streaming.
Multimedia system displays incoming MULTIMEDIA message notification while music is streaming.
Multimedia system displays incoming EMAIL notification while call is in progress.

Last edited by scutmud; 02-04-13 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-13-13, 07:38 AM
hdfanatic
Driver School Candidate

I upgraded to 6.1.1 on my iPhone 4S today. When I got in the car, I was getting notifications for email (Exchange and Gmail) along with text messages. After restarting the car for gas, I am no longer getting the notifications for email, just text messages. Frustrating...
Old 02-13-13, 09:32 AM
a310pilot
Driver

Anyone tried the New BlackBerry Z10 with Lexus ?

I just bought this phone hope it works.
Old 02-19-13, 12:04 PM
cantonrlc
Driver School Candidate

I agree with the earlier post - the best way I have found to use the IPhone for responding is via SIRI. The car does take the SIRI activiation as a phone call but at least you can send emails and texts hands-free through the car's phone system.
Old 02-20-13, 07:39 AM
wayner
Rookie

Originally Posted by a310pilot
Anyone tried the New BlackBerry Z10 with Lexus ?
Yes, I have a test model from work and I have paired it with my car, which is a 2013 GS350. Good news is that the reply works with the Z10. I have not been able to get the reply function to work with a BB9900 or iPhone4.
Old 02-20-13, 08:53 AM
a310pilot
Driver

Good news, thanks.
Old 02-20-13, 09:16 AM
hdfanatic
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wayner
Yes, I have a test model from work and I have paired it with my car, which is a 2013 GS350. Good news is that the reply works with the Z10. I have not been able to get the reply function to work with a BB9900 or iPhone4.
That's good news, but I don't believe the Lexus Enform app will be available for Blackberry 10 devices when they are released.
Old 02-20-13, 09:18 AM
hdfanatic
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hdfanatic
I upgraded to 6.1.1 on my iPhone 4S today. When I got in the car, I was getting notifications for email (Exchange and Gmail) along with text messages. After restarting the car for gas, I am no longer getting the notifications for email, just text messages. Frustrating...
I can confirm that once your iPhone is connected to the car, if you change a setting within the notification options for Mail/Gmail, then notifications will come through for email messages. Not sure why this is works...
Old 02-20-13, 11:55 AM
a310pilot
Driver

Enform is useless for Canadians anyway because our Lexus doesn't come with enform apps.
Old 07-09-13, 04:39 PM
batwings
Driver School Candidate

Anyone with a Droid Razr Maxx HD able to get messages to work in any way? According to Lexus, the phone is compatible but messages are not working for me. I don't have the option to turn on "Show Notifications" on the phone and the Messages section in the phone section of my Lexus is grayed out.

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing? Thanks.
Old 07-09-13, 04:54 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 652 Likes on 487 Posts

Originally Posted by batwings
Anyone with a Droid Razr Maxx HD able to get messages to work in any way? According to Lexus, the phone is compatible but messages are not working for me. I don't have the option to turn on "Show Notifications" on the phone and the Messages section in the phone section of my Lexus is grayed out.

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing? Thanks.
It was working for me (I've since upgraded).

All I did was pair it and checked the options to not ask again. That was my mistake the first time. Every time I got in the car, it was trying to pair again. The phone would still work, though.
Old 07-09-13, 05:01 PM
batwings
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Mike728.

It seems it should be easy but I think it could have something to do with my phone. Under the Bluetooth Profiles under Car Multimedia, I only show options for "Phone audio" and Media audio." To display messages, I would think I would need another profile other than an audio one.

Anybody else have any thoughts or ideas?
Old 07-10-13, 06:26 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 652 Likes on 487 Posts

Originally Posted by batwings
Under the Bluetooth Profiles under Car Multimedia, I only show options for "Phone audio" and Media audio."
Those are the only two profiles I see, as well. It sounds like you need to un-pair and re-pair your phone. Pay close attention to your phone and be sure to keep selecting "never ask again" (or something close to that) when those messages pop up.

Quick Reply: SMS Text-to-Speech with Reply