ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

SMS Text-to-Speech with Reply

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-13, 09:26 AM
batwings
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks again Mike.

I'm good on the "never ask again" piece. I just can't seem to get the messages to work. I was able to see the message lists one time after re-pairing. Verizon is supposed to be updating the software on the Razr Maxx HD's over the next week or two. Part of that update includes some sort of Bluetooth improvements. I'll re-pair the phone at that time to see if I have any better luck.
Old 09-18-13, 09:12 PM
mathewbeal
Driver School Candidate

Hi Folks,

Super frustrated - i just upgraded my iphone5 to IOS 7.0 and in my 2013 ES300h I *still* can't reply to txt messages (error).

I can do it with a samsung all day long.

Is this a lexus problem or an apple problem? Really frustrating!!!!!!!!

Matt
Old 09-19-13, 06:42 AM
gfr1
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mathewbeal
Hi Folks,

Super frustrated - i just upgraded my iphone5 to IOS 7.0 and in my 2013 ES300h I *still* can't reply to txt messages (error).

I can do it with a samsung all day long.

Is this a lexus problem or an apple problem? Really frustrating!!!!!!!!

Matt
I doubt that this is he cause, but I suppose that you did consider the email that Lexus Enform Customer support sent out to the owners. (below)

If you are an iPhone user, please refer to the following guidelines to prepare you for this update:

For Apple iOS 7 users:
• If you use the current Enform app version (2.4.26) on Apple iOS 7 devices, you could experience significant functionality issues, such as the app crashing or inoperable features and functions.

• Continue to watch for the Enform app update in the Apple App Store. Once the updated Enform app version (2.5.27) is available, please download the app update onto your Apple iOS 7 device.
Old 09-19-13, 06:49 AM
mathewbeal
Driver School Candidate

Correct - this has nothing to do with Enform - this is the SMS capability via bluetooth.

Matt
Old 09-19-13, 08:58 AM
jly488
Driver School Candidate

touch.lexus.com/lexus/mobilelink/#compatibility/

According to this it looks like the iPhone can't reply it can only receive with the lexus system
Old 09-19-13, 09:46 AM
Snype
Rookie

It's an Apple problem. They do not allow reply type capabilities in their MAP protocol implementation.
Old 09-19-13, 04:38 PM
halderman
Driver School Candidate

I upgraded my iPhone 4S to iOS 7 today. My RX 350 will no longer read sms/text messages, let alone send a reply. Any suggestions on how to restore the reading capability? Thanks.
Old 09-20-13, 09:16 AM
Snype
Rookie

Originally Posted by halderman
I upgraded my iPhone 4S to iOS 7 today. My RX 350 will no longer read sms/text messages, let alone send a reply. Any suggestions on how to restore the reading capability? Thanks.
Make sure the Show Notifications is still turned on. Then, delete the pairing on both the vehicle and the phone and re-pair. Then re-enable Show Notifications. Should fix anything that got borked during the S/W update.
Old 09-20-13, 10:26 AM
halderman
Driver School Candidate

Default Thank you

Snype,
Thanks for the assistance. I can now at least hear the text messages, even if I still can't respond from the RX350.
Old 12-02-13, 02:58 PM
workoutmgr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by brunla
I have a Droid Razr Maxx. Can read the texts, but cannot reply.
I have a Droid Razr Maxx but cannot get mine to read or reply texts messages. Receive message stating can not transfer messages. I have disconnected and paired again without any luck. Could you please tell me what to do?
Old 12-02-13, 03:06 PM
wayner
Rookie

One thing that can affect this is if you have any type of corporate security stuff on your phone. Two examples:

I was testing a Blackberry 10 phone for my company. Initially it was not connected to corporate email and everything worked, both notifications and reply. After setting it up to the corporate email neither worked. After I had IT change the security settings I was able to get notifications but not reply.

My wife's iPhone 4 sends email notifications to the car but my iPhone 5, which has corporate security software, does not.
Old 12-05-13, 04:52 AM
kc2684
Driver School Candidate

Default Messaging in the ES300h

I just received my 2014 ES300H and am trying to get the messaging to work.There in as lexus site that shows compatibility. It indicates that this feature is somewhat carrier specific.
However I discovered that SIRI can be invoked too read and reply to messages (as well as other SIRI suff) by holding the "off hook" button for ~3 seconds.
I'm still struggling with the Lexus issue tho,,
Barry
Old 12-05-13, 08:49 AM
Snype
Rookie

Originally Posted by kc2684
I just received my 2014 ES300H and am trying to get the messaging to work.There in as lexus site that shows compatibility. It indicates that this feature is somewhat carrier specific.
However I discovered that SIRI can be invoked too read and reply to messages (as well as other SIRI suff) by holding the "off hook" button for ~3 seconds.
I'm still struggling with the Lexus issue tho,,
Barry
Which Lexus issue?
Old 12-08-13, 08:27 AM
R3Va
Driver School Candidate

Default Text message replies

So does anyone know if Apple intends to even consider enabling the reply functionality? Upgrading the Enform app sure didn't help... It's surprising that a company as large as Toyota/Lexus can't work things out with Apple to get this frustrating issue resolved!
Old 12-08-13, 09:45 PM
Snype
Rookie

Originally Posted by R3Va
So does anyone know if Apple intends to even consider enabling the reply functionality? Upgrading the Enform app sure didn't help... It's surprising that a company as large as Toyota/Lexus can't work things out with Apple to get this frustrating issue resolved!
To Apple, Toyota is a tiny fish. Apple historically does what they want, or tries to force others to go along with them. They want drivers to use Siri it seems, so rather than do things the right way they do them the Apple way, customer be damned. Whoever thought burying the setting to even turn on messaging and then disabled it by default should get a good smack. I have a dev account and logged this as an issue, but it was just blown off as something already known. Sigh, Apple.

Quick Reply: SMS Text-to-Speech with Reply