ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

So i got an es350 Loaner

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-12, 06:52 AM
mixa86
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So i got an es350 Loaner

Just wanted to drop my 2cents. My is350 is at the dealer, i got the new es350, i was not happy when i heard that im getting it, i did not like the 2012 es350 at all. But this one WOW!!!! its very nicely styled, drives amazing so smooth and quiet. I really really love this car - minus the FWD, wheel hop is horrible But lexus is surprising me more and more!!
Old 12-17-12, 08:51 AM
ALIGN
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 2013 ES350 clear bra is being fix right now at the dealership because they didn't do a good job, the dirt is building up on some other areas so it's creating a black lines. So I got to try a loaner CT200h hyrid. This car suck so bad. It's under power, it keeps using the gas engine all the time. I drove it now for 150miles and I already use half the tank and too crampy. I should have tried the 2013 GS.
Old 12-17-12, 10:26 AM
mixa86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ALIGN
My 2013 ES350 clear bra is being fix right now at the dealership because they didn't do a good job, the dirt is building up on some other areas so it's creating a black lines. So I got to try a loaner CT200h hyrid. This car suck so bad. It's under power, it keeps using the gas engine all the time. I drove it now for 150miles and I already use half the tank and too crampy. I should have tried the 2013 GS.
I was asking for a GS350, told them im considering to lease one would love to drive one for a few days. So they gave me this
Old 12-17-12, 10:26 AM
uicandrew
Pole Position

Align, how soon after they put it on did u notice they didn't do a good job? Do u have any pictures of it?

I have a clear bra on my es300h but I'm not sure how good of a job they did. There is a warranty on the actual film but not on the workmanship
Old 12-17-12, 03:59 PM
jetman
Driver

Originally Posted by ALIGN
When my ES 350 was in for service I got a CT200h as a loaner. I couldn't believe how un-Lexus like this car was. For a car that stickered out at over $37K, I was surprised at how loud and uncomfortable it was. Each bump (even on fairly smooth roads) was bone-jarring. I don't know what the target market for this car is, but I'm sure I'm not in it. Couldn't wait to get back into my ES!
Old 12-17-12, 09:46 PM
ALIGN
Driver

jetman: I know how you feel, man. I couldn't wait to get my car back. CT200h was a joke for that price. You could get a better Nissan Altima hybrid at this same price. Quieter and has more power.

unicandrew: workmanship is always cover by warranty. I notice some bubbles a day after they install it. They said it should go away in couple of week, but it didn't. It wasn't noticeable but I paid $1200 to have it so they better do it right.
Old 12-19-12, 12:00 AM
uicandrew
Pole Position

My clear bra was made by 3m. The 3M warranty specifically states that 3M warranties the material and not the installation.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...FAQs/#warranty

The dealership (rightfully) reinstalled the clear bra since u had just gotten it installed, but in terms of legally binding black and white warranty terms, I don't think it is covered unless you have a signed document from the dealer saying otherwise.
Old 12-19-12, 02:44 AM
ElliotB
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The CT200h is not for everyone. I had one as a loaner for 3 days earlier this year and actually liked it a lot . Fun little car but certainly not for someone who is an ESer.
Old 12-19-12, 05:51 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by uicandrew
My clear bra was made by 3m. The 3M warranty specifically states that 3M warranties the material and not the installation.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...FAQs/#warranty

The dealership (rightfully) reinstalled the clear bra since u had just gotten it installed, but in terms of legally binding black and white warranty terms, I don't think it is covered unless you have a signed document from the dealer saying otherwise.
That is my understanding too. I just had 3M tint installed on our new car and in addition to the 3M warranty, the installer guaranteed his work for a year - But it was separate from 3M. Same with a previous install of Llumar film.
Old 12-19-12, 06:12 AM
DASMan
Rookie

Originally Posted by LexBob2
That is my understanding too. I just had 3M tint installed on our new car and in addition to the 3M warranty, the installer guaranteed his work for a year - But it was separate from 3M. Same with a previous install of Llumar film.
LexBob2, not to hijack the thread, but which 3M window film did you get installed? Which value was installed and on which windows? Did you do your windshield too?
Old 12-19-12, 07:16 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by DASMan
LexBob2, not to hijack the thread, but which 3M window film did you get installed? Which value was installed and on which windows? Did you do your windshield too?
DASman, I had 3M Crystalline installed - On just the front driver and passenger side windows (no windshield) - The car is an Audi SUV, so the rear windows already had the privacy glass. I got 50% since that is legal in IL if the rear has privacy glass. Our other car, a sedan has 40% which I prefer the look of, but wanted to stay legal with the SUV.
Old 12-19-12, 07:08 PM
jetman
Driver

Originally Posted by ElliotB
The CT200h is not for everyone. I had one as a loaner for 3 days earlier this year and actually liked it a lot . Fun little car but certainly not for someone who is an ESer.
I might consider it a fun little car if it was badged as a Scion. Just because Toyota put some leather on the seats and priced it at $37K doesn't make it a Lexus to me. It's so un-Lexus like it's not even funny.

I used to own a 2007 IS 250. I traded it in because I wanted a little bigger car. But the IS was very nicely appointed and actually looked and rode like a luxury vehicle. Can't say the same about the CT200h...
Old 12-20-12, 01:30 PM
KennyLexus
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mixa86
Just wanted to drop my 2cents. My is350 is at the dealer, i got the new es350, i was not happy when i heard that im getting it, i did not like the 2012 es350 at all. But this one WOW!!!! its very nicely styled, drives amazing so smooth and quiet. I really really love this car - minus the FWD, wheel hop is horrible But lexus is surprising me more and more!!
I too am in a 2013 ES350 loaner. I've had it now for 4 days. My 2011 ES350 is getting it's last service and detailing before I take delivery of my incoming fully loaded UL 2013 ES300h.

The loaner is a Nepula gray w/parchment interior. This is a base model (which I didn't think they made) but it has some extras like clear bra and side door molding.

Likes: The car is smooth and quiet. The suspension is tighter than my '11. It has the cool ambient light changing display. The nuluxe seats are very comfortable and hug me more than my '11. A little better gas mileage than the '11.

Dislikes: Of course, being a base model, missing quite a few bells and whistles. The parchment interior shows every little mark (my '11 has the black perforated leather). Why did they delete the auxillary 12 VDC (cigarette lighter)...or is this because it's a base model. I'm not a smoker but I used the outlet for accessories. My biggest dislike is the front headrest. The headrest in my '11 are perfect. The ones in the '13 angle forward...I guess for whiplash prevention. Anyway, it's annoying enough for me to perhaps change them out.
Old 12-20-12, 01:48 PM
JerryKK
Driver

Originally Posted by KennyLexus
Why did they delete the auxillary 12 VDC (cigarette lighter)...or is this because it's a base model. I'm not a smoker but I used the outlet for accessories.
There is a 12 volt outlet for accessories in the middle arm rest.
Old 12-20-12, 01:51 PM
JerryKK
Driver

Originally Posted by jetman
I used to own a 2007 IS 250. I traded it in because I wanted a little bigger car. But the IS was very nicely appointed and actually looked and rode like a luxury vehicle. Can't say the same about the CT200h...
We still have our 2007 IS 250 (has less than 30K miles) - which my wife is now driving and I get the ES 300h. We love the IS 250 - the only reason we got the ES 300h is because the IS 250 is basically a two person car.

Quick Reply: So i got an es350 Loaner