ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Power Window Over-ride

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-13, 07:06 AM
Jboswald
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Window Over-ride

Has anyone managed to over-ride the auto-disable of the power windows in their Lexus? I get so annoyed when I leave a window open and get out of the car. I shut off the car and the instant I open the driver door the car will sound a chime, and give me a message telling me that I left a window open - however to spite me it instantly shuts down the window switches so I can't close them without starting the car again.

For every car I have owned over the last 15 years (Acura, Nissan, Camry, etc) I have bypassed the power window disable circuit either by removing the power window power relay and installing a jumper, or rewiring the window power lead from the ICU in my latest Nissan.
Looking at the wiring diagram of the Lexus the Power windows have continuous 12V power, they just receive a 'disable' order over the CAN (communication network). Does anyone know how to disable or over-ride the automatic shutdown of the power windows when the car is turned off? I'd even settle for the 43 second time-out if it didn't get canceled by opening the door! Very Annoying!!
Old 01-29-13, 12:26 PM
mrBillFL
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

subscribed!

this, and the little beep when It unlocks the door...

what's with the all the noise? just unlock the door, Do I really need a beep to tell me its now unlocked...?
Old 01-29-13, 01:56 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by mrBillFL
subscribed!

this, and the little beep when It unlocks the door...

what's with the all the noise? just unlock the door, Do I really need a beep to tell me its now unlocked...?
Pretty sure you can adjust and/or disable that beep in the settings. I like it because it confirms that it's locked.
Old 01-30-13, 10:14 AM
mrBillFL
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

thanks, I will try that.

-I leave early for work.. don't want the noise waking dogs.
Old 01-30-13, 04:07 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If not in Settings, which I think it is too, then it might be a dealer customized option which they will do for free during the first service. It's in the manual somewhere.