ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

New and need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-13, 04:07 PM
okaive
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New and need help

New User here and also just bought my first Lexus yesterday.

The one question I have is that I am trying to get a remote start/security that I can use my smart phone. I have the push start and the company that I called said that they aren't able to install one since it is a push start.

Are there any after market companies that make one for this car?
Old 03-13-13, 04:32 PM
LEX300h
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by okaive

The one question I have is that I am trying to get a remote start/security that I can use my smart phone. I have the push start and the company that I called said that they aren't able to install one since it is a push start.

I checked with my friend a few weeks ago that owns a shop. He said not yet

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 03-13-13, 07:00 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts

You can add remote start through the dealer but you have to use the key fob.
Old 03-14-13, 05:30 AM
LEX300h
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by LexRuger
You can add remote start through the dealer but you have to use the key fob.
That is true. I priced it through the dealer, it was roughly 7-800 dollars If I remember correctly.
Old 03-14-13, 04:53 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,300 Likes on 905 Posts

Originally Posted by okaive

There are a few - very few - aftermarket setups that you can have installed. However, you will have to carry two (2) key fobs. The original Lexus and the new aftermarket fob. You would lose the use of the trunk opener feature on your Lexus remote fob. I'm not sure about how the car locks when it is started remotely. I have 3 cars with remote start - aftermarket that is - that when the car is started, the doors automatically lock so no one can take the running car. All three cars are NOT pushbutton start vehicles. The Lexus system is very complicated and if I were you I'd go with the dealer install regardless of the cost. That way you have warranty backup. Lex300 is correct as far as price although my dealer just had a sale on them @ $600.00.

Last edited by bc6152; 03-14-13 at 04:57 PM. Reason: add text
Old 03-14-13, 07:16 PM
DASMan
Rookie

And there may be another Lexus option coming out in the near future. The new item is called RES+ it allows you to used an app on your smart phone to start the car, lock / unlock the doors and even see what your car sees out of its back-up camera to help you locate it.

There is a RES+ module that will need to be purchased and installed in your car. From what it sounds like it is a direct replacement for the Lexus remote starter module that can be installed in the cars.

This option is currently only available on 2 RX models and will require a subscription fee, what else is new. According to 3 different dealerships I called today across the US RES+ is supposed to be coming for more models but that information is yet to be disclosed.
Old 03-14-13, 07:18 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by DASMan
And there may be another Lexus option coming out in the near future. The new item is called RES+ it allows you to used an app on your smart phone to start the car, lock / unlock the doors and even see what your car sees out of its back-up camera to help you locate it.

This option is currently only available on 2 RX models and will require a subscription fee, what else is new. According to 3 different dealerships I called today across the US RES+ is supposed to be coming for more models but that information is yet to be disclosed.
I would imagine it won't available for our ES's
Old 03-18-13, 07:29 PM
Eagleguy
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Found this link on the Lexus drivers web site, you may have to join and get a username/password but it may be what you are looking ofr

https://www.lexusresplus.com/index.j...requestid=4239
Old 03-19-13, 03:47 AM
txes
Lead Lap

Evidently you get a new SmartAccess FOB also.

The wife has this capability on her Buick LaCrosse. Requires an OnStar package that is a lot more per month than what Lexus charges.

PS - she never uses the feature.

John
Old 03-19-13, 05:30 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 658 Likes on 492 Posts

That would be great if it worked on the ES. My last car had the Viper SmartStart installed, which is pretty much the same thing. It was awesome! I could start my car from anywhere with my phone, even a different state. If I though I forgot to lock my car, I could do that, too. It was also a little cheaper than the RES, at about $50/yr. If this becomes available for the ES, I'll be all over it!