ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Heated Wood Steering Wheel Woodgrain Trim

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-13, 04:39 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Also, if they say leather seats, then shouldn't I expect it to be all leather? I don't think the back or sides are. So maybe the lawyer can make it a 3 for...
Old 03-29-13, 11:20 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike728
Actually, it's (Heated Wood & Leather) if we're being technical. It also states it has heated seats. I checked a little while ago and noticed that the entire seat wasn't actually being heated. The back of the seat, for instance, stayed cold.
There may be a problem with yours the seats in my ES300h UL are heated on the back.
Old 03-29-13, 12:00 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 647 Likes on 484 Posts

Originally Posted by jollick
There may be a problem with yours the seats in my ES300h UL are heated on the back.
I guess that's good news for your rear seat passengers if their hands get cold. They can warm them on the back of your front seats.
Old 03-29-13, 04:45 PM
2Relax
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all have fun with your Lexus ES Vehicle.....Traded in my piece of crap 300h with the worst Mark Levinson system....1/4 heated steering wheel the list can go on worst luxury vehicle on the market what a mistake....you all have fun dealing with Lexus, can't wait to pick up my Acura RLX has everything I want for a few more bucks and lot more options. Yahooooo. By the way thank you all for no support enjoy your ES. Signing off for Lexus forum, never felt so happy getting rid of a vehicle.
Old 03-29-13, 05:12 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by 2Relax
Hi all have fun with your Lexus ES Vehicle.....Traded in my piece of crap 300h with the worst Mark Levinson system....1/4 heated steering wheel the list can go on worst luxury vehicle on the market what a mistake....you all have fun dealing with Lexus, can't wait to pick up my Acura RLX has everything I want for a few more bucks and lot more options. Yahooooo. By the way thank you all for no support enjoy your ES. Signing off for Lexus forum, never felt so happy getting rid of a vehicle.
Jeez, why did you buy the thing in the first place? Shame on you.

Anyway, good luck it the Acura.
Old 03-29-13, 05:17 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts

That's why I read all reviews, youtube videos, test drive, before buying a car. I knew about all he gripes before I got the car. I joined the Lincoln and Hyundai forums when I was considering the Azera and MKZ so I could hear from owners.
Old 03-29-13, 05:35 PM
txes
Lead Lap

He'll be *****ing about his Acura too.

John
Old 03-30-13, 02:38 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by txes
He'll be *****ing about his Acura too.

John
Yeah, I wonder if he test drove it first.

Oh well, some people are just never happy.
Old 03-30-13, 12:32 PM
chewbach
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I wonder if he test drove it first.

Oh well, some people are just never happy.
...or a professional blogger with a contract with Acura.
Old 03-30-13, 12:58 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Or a troll?
Old 04-03-13, 02:46 AM
2Relax
Driver School Candidate

Hey everyone, just wanted to clarify I do not work for Acura in any shape or form or a troll Especially not a professional blogger as indicated on the above quotes. I have always heard that Lexus was a great car and you get what you pay for and that is why I changed. Yes I did test drive the ES300 but they had the base model and had to wait about 2weeks for the vehicle with the option I Wanted. As for the Acura I am very happy with it even if it has been only 24hr, yes made sure I test drove the vehicle with the option I wanted. The reason I was complaining about the ES it did not meet my expectation, who wants to loss money trading in a new vehicle? I am on the road a lot and I have to say it wasn't the heated steering wheel that ultimately made me change the vehicle, it was the Mark Levinson system the sound from the sub was terriable with music with lots of base and Lexus is do nothing about. I call Lexus many times and they claimed they knew nothing mean while another thread many people are complaining about this. Wish you all good luck with your vehicle

Last edited by 2Relax; 04-03-13 at 02:53 AM.
Old 04-03-13, 07:39 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Sounds like if you wanted a Lexus in the same class as the RLX, a GS was what you should have considered, not an ES. It's becoming apparent you're not the most educated car shopper on the block. Good luck with the Acura. It looks like a nice car.
Old 04-03-13, 08:16 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,950 Posts

Sounds like if you wanted a Lexus in the same class as the RLX, a GS was what you should have considered, not an ES. It's becoming apparent you're not the most educated car shopper on the block. Good luck with the Acura. It looks like a nice car.
+1.

This thread is an absolute scream, even funnier when you realize that this guy got absolutely killed on this deal...

I too think its crappy the steering wheel is not 100% heated, even crappier when you realize that its the same on the GS, and its also the same on the GS with the all leather wheel, not just the wood/leather wheel. Its not something that would keep me out of the car though. To take a loss of THOUSANDS to trade though over this and a subwoofer to me is absurd.
Old 04-03-13, 08:21 AM
amphipri0n
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just read a scathing review of the RLX just posted a couple of days ago:
http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/20...test-headlines

It's all negative which makes me think it's not completely accurate. However, the major negative that sticks out for me is that it is a huge car, larger than the current 5 series, and has a turning radius of 40ft(!). Also, the headlamp design is bizarre.
Old 04-03-13, 09:07 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

All of the reviews I've seen on the RLX have been lukewarm at best. It seems to me that the price is pretty high. It starts at a little over $50k and hits $55k pretty quick.

When you think about it, reviews of the ES have been so-so as well. These cars appeal to a certain demographic and granted aren't what you'd call exciting, but they do a lot of things well.

Quick Reply: Heated Wood Steering Wheel Woodgrain Trim