ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Dealership Shopping

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-13, 02:56 PM
sparkley
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership Shopping

My husband and I recently purchased a GMC truck through the dealer on line and the process was awesome. The GMC website had vin#s MSRPs and details of the truck. We emailed dealerships, they came back to us with prices. We walked into the one that had the car we wanted, reviewed the price he gave us and signed right there.

Dealing with Lexus has been completely diffferent. We walked into one Lexus dealership with my pile of online research, and they wouldn't even give me a price! They wanted to be the last ones that I spoke with.

Has anyone else ever walked into a dealership and not been given a price for the exact car they were looking for???
Old 08-09-13, 03:10 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,286 Likes on 896 Posts

Originally Posted by sparkley
My husband and I recently purchased a GMC truck through the dealer on line and the process was awesome. The GMC website had vin#s MSRPs and details of the truck. We emailed dealerships, they came back to us with prices. We walked into the one that had the car we wanted, reviewed the price he gave us and signed right there.

Dealing with Lexus has been completely diffferent. We walked into one Lexus dealership with my pile of online research, and they wouldn't even give me a price! They wanted to be the last ones that I spoke with.Has anyone else ever walked into a dealership and not been given a price for the exact car they were looking for???
Happened to me. Went to a VW dealer and he did the exact same thing. Wanted to be the last person we spoke to and would not give a price for the exact vehicle on the lot. I went two miles away and bought a GTI at another dealer the same day. FYI - the dealer has since closed...
This is what I'd do with your fancy/shmancy Lexus dealer.
Old 08-09-13, 03:31 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Try emailing the Internet departments of as many dealers you can within your buying area . State your criteria and request their best quote (including destination fee and any dealer doc fee). Negotiate only with the folks in the Internet department. You will find out quickly who has aggressive pricing and you will get a great deal.

Good luck!

Bill G
Old 08-09-13, 03:46 PM
sparkley
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Bill!
Old 08-09-13, 04:07 PM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree with Bill. E-mail the internet sales, give them what you're looking for (but note, most come pre-packaged premium levels) and ask for their best price, before T/L/dmv fees.

Since this is the end of the model year, and during Lexus Golden Opportunity event, you should be getting about 10% off msrp, or at or below invoice. Good luck.

Art
Old 08-09-13, 04:22 PM
Sh1nra
Pole Position

I too agree. Talking with the internet sales department give you much more leeway to discuss the price and the car you want. They are much more willing to negotiate. And sometimes they may be aggressive to beat other competitive prices.