Disable Seatbelt Warning ES350

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-13, 12:04 PM
TonyP
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disable Seatbelt Warning ES350

Hello,

Picking up a 2014 ES350 next week and would like to know how to disable the annoying warning bells!!

Thanks !
Old 10-18-13, 12:13 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 647 Likes on 484 Posts

Mine goes away as soon as I put it on.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mike728:
NdYAG (07-04-20), PatrickAz (06-23-20)
Old 10-18-13, 12:15 PM
jollick
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike728
Mine goes away as soon as I put it on.
Great answer! LOL
The following users liked this post:
NdYAG (07-04-20)
Old 10-18-13, 12:18 PM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts

First answer is correct but it can be done although your dealer probably won't do it for you. Their advice will probbly be to Google it - and I believe that will give you the answer.

Enjoy the new car.

Dave Mac
Old 10-18-13, 12:18 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,289 Likes on 897 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyP
Hello,

Picking up a 2014 ES350 next week and would like to know how to disable the annoying warning bells!!

Thanks !
I found that if you insert the piece from the left into the receiver on the right, the noise stops right away...You must hear a loud "click".
The following users liked this post:
PatrickAz (06-23-20)
Old 10-18-13, 03:12 PM
Lexusxoxo
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bc6152
I found that if you insert the piece from the left into the receiver on the right, the noise stops right away...You must hear a loud "click".
Old 10-18-13, 07:23 PM
txes
Lead Lap

Buy one of these and trim it.

www.clicknstay.com

John
Old 10-21-13, 05:23 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by txes
Buy one of these and trim it.

www.clicknstay.com

John
The link is www.buyclicknstay.com
Old 10-21-13, 06:19 AM
Brozee
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Surprising that Lexus doesn't have a system comparable to VW/Audi groups VCDS tool. The tool is a computer ran diagnostic software that is far, far superior to a standard OBDII system. In that tool it allows the user to customize, configure, and troubleshoot any single part of the car; from the way windows roll down to how much compression is in cylinder 10. I used that tool to delete the door chime and seatbelt chime in my other vehicles. I don't drive without a seatbelt I just didn't like the annoying whine when keeping the door open to do something, or to drive to the mailbox or move the car.
Old 10-21-13, 07:04 AM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 113 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Brozee
Surprising that Lexus doesn't have a system comparable to VW/Audi groups VCDS tool. The tool is a computer ran diagnostic software that is far, far superior to a standard OBDII system. In that tool it allows the user to customize, configure, and troubleshoot any single part of the car; from the way windows roll down to how much compression is in cylinder 10. I used that tool to delete the door chime and seatbelt chime in my other vehicles. I don't drive without a seatbelt I just didn't like the annoying whine when keeping the door open to do something, or to drive to the mailbox or move the car.
most car settings are customizable, but I think Lexus wants to be in charge of doing it. There is a whole section in the manual on what is customizable and who has access to do it; all but the most simple have to be done by the dealer.
Old 10-21-13, 07:23 AM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Brozee
It can be turned off at the dealer or someone who has the program to do it. But you also need a legit obd 2 scanner. I didn't go to the dealer but I went through all my custom settings with my buddy that has all the equipment to do it. I have a LS460 not a ES but it's all the same. The dealer shouldn't have an issue with turning it off for you. Might charge you labor to do it. Just say with your line of work it requires you to place something on the passenger seat when you drive which is heavy enough to trigger the pressure switch.
Old 10-21-13, 08:07 AM
jml33
Driver School Candidate

Not endorsing this but if it's just the passenger seat problem when you have something sitting on it they do sell seat belt buckle alarm clasp stopper on ebay for $7.90. It's a dummy buckle that you stick in.
Old 10-21-13, 09:28 AM
txes
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jollick
Thanks for coorecting the link.

I guess I missed part of it when I copied and pasted it.

John
Old 10-23-13, 06:32 AM
TonyP
8th Gear

Default Thanks for the replies

I checked with the dealer and they won't do it even though it can be done...bummer.
When I go in for my 5k I will tell them about my 80lb dog and see if I can change their mind!
I will order one of those seat belt buckle alarm clasp stoppers and that should do the trick.

Thanks
Old 10-23-13, 08:16 AM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts

Your dealer techs probably shouldn't do this for you but mine referred me to the google solution which worked quite well except it only worked for the driver's seat not the passenger seat. That was good enough for me as all I wanted is to silence the chime between the mail box and my house. I do think the both sides can be disabled though with the correct procedure.

On my last two Lexus - 2007 and 2010 it was a setting that the dealers could and did do for me after I referred them to the owner's manual. I have been a seat belt user for about 55 years and don't mind a reminder but the chimes always irritate me. And the reminder light still does work without the chime disabled.

It could be worse - I remember the short-lived starter interlock systems in the 70's. It was also quite easy to just unplug those systems though - not so anymore.

Dave Mac

Quick Reply: Disable Seatbelt Warning ES350