ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

ES350 Owner Satisfaction

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-13, 08:16 AM
Lexusxoxo
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robinbarr
Lesz- Hyperbole- exaggeration as a rhetorical device used to evoke strong feelings or to create a strong impression, but is not meant to be taken literally.
The review was to be taken literally. Read your dictionary before you attempt words you don't understand.

Due to my stature and position of the steering wheel and seat, could my view of the dash buttons POSSIBLY be different than yours? View of some dash buttons is difficult. No hyperbole.

You can't understand my not getting warm air to my feet? There is no warm air in the foot well of my car. What is it about that statement that you don't understand?

You fail to comment on issues with the stereo and with Lexus communication and privacy. On multiple occasions, I have received private information belonging to another customer. After phone calls, surveys, and emails to Lexus, I continue to receive someone else's private information.
Where is the hyperbole and in what way do any of these issues call into question the credibility of a poster?

EliottB- Of course I CAN'T turn off the defroster when attempting to use only the floor heat. It is a Lexus setting that cannot be changed. I called Lexus. Twice. It cannot be changed. My feet cannot get warm with the floor heat on as there is no heat coming from the floor vents. It makes for an uncomfortable drive in temperatures in the single digits. There is no heat there. Why use the defroster at all times when it uses the A/C compressor and I rarely have an issue with interior fogging? The decrease in performance and gas mileage is not an issue for me, but Is that really necessary in subfreezing weather?

I use the dash/ floor setting to heat my feet (barely), but have to undress my upper half because both dash vents cannot be turned off. The upper region of the car must be too hot before the floor area becomes slightly warm.
Lexus believes you are not capable of making an independent decision to turn off the defroster and heat only your feet. I, however, am capable.

Lesusxoxo- Of course I did a test drives on different days with different cars- The weather was warmer and my feet weren't cold, so the foot only setting was not used on those days. And WOW, you read the 897 page manual 'briefly' before you even purchased? You're amazing.

It's interesting that you geniuses joined just a short time ago, yet you have hundreds of posts relating to a car. That calls your credibility (and social/family life) into question.

AmphipriOn- Thank you for your assistance.
I bet your a treat to live with....
Old 12-24-13, 10:06 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,286 Likes on 896 Posts

Now, now boys. Take it easy and digress a little. If one could build a car themselves, you'd have a perfect car with everything just where you want it and the functions - heat, A/C, sound, navigation, exactly to your liking.
It just ain't so and not likely to happen in this century. So we put up with the little inconveniences and things that should be changed. Enjoy the overall beauty and design of this car and worry about something that really matters. Like say, Obamacare...

Happy Christmas to those who celebrate it and a great 2014 to all...
Old 12-24-13, 10:21 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

I've bought a lot of new cars over the years and have found that there are ALWAYS things to adjust to after the purchase. Some are pleasant surprises, some are things I wish I'd caught before buying and others are just things we had to adjust to and weren't a big issue afterwards. It seems like the more technology that's packed into a car the more one comes across these kinds of things.
Old 12-24-13, 01:11 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 112 Likes on 93 Posts

My car has a setting for floor only heat, and a separate one for floor + defrost. Seems to work just fine.
Old 12-24-13, 01:25 PM
jonmanch
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

So do I, and it works fine as well.
Old 12-24-13, 02:08 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,013 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by mspearl95
My car has a setting for floor only heat, and a separate one for floor + defrost. Seems to work just fine.
This morning, it was -19 here, and I had plenty of heat on my feet. Also, one of the things that I've noticed about my ES this winter is that, of the 35-40 vehicles that I've owned over the years, it starts to move heat into the passenger compartment about the most quickly of any of them. And I especially appreciate how much more quickly the heated seats and the heated steering wheel start to produce heat than with any other vehicles that I've owned with heated seats or a heated steering wheel....But, I'm sorry, I forgot that those of us who think that the heater on the ES works well are all "geniuses" and there has to be something wrong with our "social/family life" for us to have taken the time to say so on this board.

Originally Posted by bc6152
If one could build a car themselves, you'd have a perfect car with everything just where you want it and the functions - heat, A/C, sound, navigation, exactly to your liking.
It just ain't so and not likely to happen in this century. So we put up with the little inconveniences and things that should be changed.

Those of us who have been buying cars for several decades might be able to remember back to a time when a well-equipped car had a heater and radio, and "air conditioning" meant rolling down the windows and driving faster. Now, not only do we expect our vehicles to have a full array of conveniences, gadgets, and technological wizardry, but we seem to (unrealistically) expect all of that to be designed in the exact way that would meet our personal preferences, and we become upset if even the controls for all of those conveniences are not in the exact spots where we would have liked for them to be. When I think of how far car design and quality have come in the course of a few decades, it really helps me to put into perspective just how insignificant some of our complaints about vehicles can be.

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I've bought a lot of new cars over the years and have found that there are ALWAYS things to adjust to after the purchase. Some are pleasant surprises, some are things I wish I'd caught before buying and others are just things we had to adjust to and weren't a big issue afterwards. It seems like the more technology that's packed into a car the more one comes across these kinds of things.
That, to me, makes absolute sense. What also makes sense is to have a relatively modest list of "must haves" with regard to the design and features of a car and to choose the car that comes closest to meeting that list of must haves. Then, you accept the fact that there are likely to be some design features to which you need to adjust.

Allowing oneself to become agitated (and hostile) because there are insignificant features of the vehicle that the car owner bought that he/she wishes were different is likely unhealthy. On the other hand, if major "must have" features of the vehicle that one bought are not to his/her liking, it may be the case that, for that car owner, the best course of actions is admit that he/she didn't pick the right car and to cut his/her losses by selling the car and by doing a better job of buying a different car that better meets his or her expectations.
The following users liked this post:
Claybo77 (10-19-19)