ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

tracking vehicle shipment

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-14, 01:30 PM
Formula271
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default tracking vehicle shipment

This may be a long shot...but is anyone familiar with tracking their newly built vehicle ON THE BOAT from Japan? I want to know what ship my car is on and where the ship is

I know my 300h has been built and in transit across the Pacific, and I know the VIN#. With a previous vehicle ordered from Europe, I was able to track the ship...I realize I may be getting greedy with the amount of detail.
Old 01-14-14, 01:34 PM
jollick
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula271
This may be a long shot...but is anyone familiar with tracking their newly built vehicle ON THE BOAT from Japan? I want to know what ship my car is on and where the ship is

I know my 300h has been built and in transit across the Pacific, and I know the VIN#. With a previous vehicle ordered from Europe, I was able to track the ship...I realize I may be getting greedy with the amount of detail.
I also tracked the ship when it left Japan right to when it arrived at the port in Jacksonville in Florida. I used http://www.marinetraffic.com/ to track London Highway, the ship that transported my car.
Old 01-14-14, 01:36 PM
brittmayo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am doing likewise for my vehicle currently in transit. The dealer was able to give me the name of the ship, and from there it was easy. If your car is on Cetus Leader, then ours are brethren.
Old 01-15-14, 07:01 AM
Formula271
Rookie

Originally Posted by brittmayo
I am doing likewise for my vehicle currently in transit. The dealer was able to give me the name of the ship, and from there it was easy. If your car is on Cetus Leader, then ours are brethren.
Excellent....i'm not so sure how I can find the name of the ship, however. I believe it left Japan either yesterday or the day before.
Old 01-15-14, 08:00 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula271
Excellent....i'm not so sure how I can find the name of the ship, however. I believe it left Japan either yesterday or the day before.
Your salesperson should be able to get you the name of the ship.
Old 01-15-14, 09:34 AM
brittmayo
Driver

Ask your salesperson to e-mail you the Vehicle Inquiry Report - it contains all current info about your car, including the name of the vessel carrying it.
Old 02-15-14, 04:51 AM
mjmj911
Driver School Candidate

I just tracked mine last month, if you have the ships name the link below works great. But what you need to do is get the daily location reports after searching and finding the ship in the database. Cut and past the GPS lat/long into google maps. Until the ship gets into a local authority you will have to do this, after that it should show up in the drop down list.

http://www.shipspotting.com/ais/index.php
Old 02-15-14, 06:12 AM
Formula271
Rookie

Mine's been processed at the port (RES+ installed) and is now being shipped to the dealer!
Old 02-15-14, 06:22 AM
mjmj911
Driver School Candidate

Right on, bet you can't wait!

Our delivery seemed like to took forever, I think it would have gone "faster" if I hadn't been tracking it everyday.

I fought and fought with the dealer about not installing the front license plate bracket during the delivery, they swore it was out of their control and would be done a the "port". It ended up being drilled at the port . My first mod to the car was going to bumper plugs.com and ordering some custom painted plugs.
Old 02-21-14, 05:47 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 654 Likes on 489 Posts

Originally Posted by mjmj911
I fought and fought with the dealer about not installing the front license plate bracket during the delivery, they swore it was out of their control and would be done a the "port". It ended up being drilled at the port . My first mod to the car was going to bumper plugs.com and ordering some custom painted plugs.
I highly doubt that. If that was the case, there would be a lot of pissed off owners.
The following users liked this post:
trackratc6 (12-08-22)
Old 02-21-14, 06:41 AM
Lexusxoxo
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mjmj911
Right on, bet you can't wait!

Our delivery seemed like to took forever, I think it would have gone "faster" if I hadn't been tracking it everyday.

That's BS about you plate.
I bought my ES in Ca and my car did not have the plate drilled. If it had I wouldn't have bought it.
That's a deal breaker for me.
I would have been furious if I would have special order my car and it's showed up at delivery with the front plate drilled!

Similar thing happened when I bought my Mercedes E-Class. I had to wait for one to come in because all there cars on the lot had a front plate.
So my car comes in 2 weeks later and I go that evening to pick it up.
Ok great no front plate. I test drive it go in sign the paperwork and we are getting ready to leave when my husband notices a weird glare on the front bumper.
Seeing it was dark my husband told them to pull it in the shop so he could see it better and low and behold the bumper had been drilled, filled, painted but they forgot to clear coat it.
I was beyond mad!! I walked in and told them to unwind the deal.
Thank god my husband notice this before we drove off. What a bunch of crooks..
The next day I bought a BMW 5 series with no front plate. lol