ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

SRI/Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-14, 08:35 AM
vimal01997
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRI/Exhaust

Hey guys. I have a 2013 Lexus ES 350 and I'm looking into buying a Short ram intake (K&N), but seems like they don't make it for the 13 ES..
Though, they do make it for the 13' Camry V6, and I'm wondering if anyone knows if it'll fit in the 13' ES?
Also, does anyone know of a exhaust (something similar to magnaflow) that'll fit on the 13' ES 350?
Old 05-14-14, 10:15 AM
MrlexEd88
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

You can replace the muffler by unbolting the 4 bolts, 2 on each side. And have a shop custom fabricate a performance muffler such magnaflow or flowmaster that will bolt right up.
Old 05-14-14, 11:09 AM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Without the ability to tune I just don't see the benefits to a CAI/SRI setup.
Old 05-14-14, 11:41 AM
vimal01997
Rookie

Originally Posted by bootman
Without the ability to tune I just don't see the benefits to a CAI/SRI setup.
I'm just in it for the sound of the SRI
Old 05-14-14, 11:45 AM
vimal01997
Rookie

Originally Posted by MrlexEd88
You can replace the muffler by unbolting the 4 bolts, 2 on each side. And have a shop custom fabricate a performance muffler such magnaflow or flowmaster that will bolt right up.
Would replacing just the muffler, would it give me car the deeper tone Magnaflow gives? Or do I need to replace more than just the muffler to get the actual magnaflow sound?
Also, how much do you think it would cost me to have it made and installed?
Old 05-14-14, 11:58 AM
bootman
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by vimal01997
I'm just in it for the sound of the SRI
Then by all means proceed!
Old 05-14-14, 06:06 PM
vimal01997
Rookie

Originally Posted by bootman
Then by all means proceed!
Sure thing 😄
Question is, will a 2013 Camry V6 CAI fit in a 2013 Lexus ES 350?
Old 05-14-14, 07:52 PM
MrlexEd88
Driver

Originally Posted by vimal01997
Would replacing just the muffler, would it give me car the deeper tone Magnaflow gives? Or do I need to replace more than just the muffler to get the actual magnaflow sound?
Also, how much do you think it would cost me to have it made and installed?
Will if you use a mangaflow you get the sound they tend to produce. I believe magnaflow make different muffler for different sound and loudness. If you want loud, straight pipe it and add a glass pack muffler. If you don't want to fail inspection install a high flow-cat that would bolt up, delete the resonator and that should give you a deep sound. Honestly I don't think the ES should sound like a Racecar but hey just my opinion, I would just replace the muffler to a magnaflow high performance muffler and that should be mild enough to make you happy, most importantly not wake up the Neighbors when they're sleeping. As for cost I would check around local shops (at least 3) for pricing as you'll see price varies. I would say anywhere from $200 to a couple thousands depending on what you get and the warranty the shop gives you.
Also keep in mind you will get a check engine light if you delete the o2 sensor.

Now to the cai/Sri question. I would get a SRI as cold air intake are known to hydro lock engines if driven in the rain. I would try the 07-11 Camry intake from K&N or similar brand as the engine bay for 2gr-fe 07-11 Camry looks almost identical to the ES with the 2gr-fe.
Old 05-14-14, 08:54 PM
vimal01997
Rookie

Originally Posted by MrlexEd88
Will if you use a mangaflow you get the sound they tend to produce. I believe magnaflow make different muffler for different sound and loudness. If you want loud, straight pipe it and add a glass pack muffler. If you don't want to fail inspection install a high flow-cat that would bolt up, delete the resonator and that should give you a deep sound. Honestly I don't think the ES should sound like a Racecar but hey just my opinion, I would just replace the muffler to a magnaflow high performance muffler and that should be mild enough to make you happy, most importantly not wake up the Neighbors when they're sleeping. As for cost I would check around local shops (at least 3) for pricing as you'll see price varies. I would say anywhere from $200 to a couple thousands depending on what you get and the warranty the shop gives you.
Also keep in mind you will get a check engine light if you delete the o2 sensor.

Now to the cai/Sri question. I would get a SRI as cold air intake are known to hydro lock engines if driven in the rain. I would try the 07-11 Camry intake from K&N or similar brand as the engine bay for 2gr-fe 07-11 Camry looks almost identical to the ES with the 2gr-fe.
If I buy a SRI that fits a 07 camry and install it onto my camry, will it throw an engine light at me? And do you happen to know if it will void the warranty?
What are the cons of installing the SRI?
Thanks for all the valuable information btw, I think I'll pass on the exhaust for now =)
Old 05-14-14, 09:02 PM
vimal01997
Rookie

So this is the 2013 Lexus ES 350 engine bay
Attached Thumbnails SRI/Exhaust-image.jpg  
Old 05-14-14, 09:05 PM
vimal01997
Rookie

And this is the 2013 Camry V6 engine bay.
I looked at the 2007 engine bay and it looked just a tad different than the ES 350, near the intake part. Then I looked at the 2013 Camry V6 compared to the ES 350 bay. It looked about exactly the same, except if you look to the left on the camry's bay compared to the ES's, it's just a tad different, but I don't think that should affect the K&N install. So do you think the 2013 Camry V6 CAI would work?
Has anyone tried putting a CAI in the ES 350?
Attached Thumbnails SRI/Exhaust-image.jpg  
Old 05-15-14, 06:40 AM
IS350atWOT
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe it would be fairly easy to remove the intake silencer circled in red by cutting the intake tube right before it and right after it (shown in green arrows) using a hack saw. Make sure to leave enough to re-connect a silicone hose using clamps. You might have to use a 22 degree elbow right before the air intake box. I believe having air go straight into the air box without that silencer could give you a couple of horsepower plus give you a more noticeable intake sound. If you mess up, a replacement air intake scoop is not bad at about $100. I wanted to do this mod but couldn't bring myself to start cutting on my Lexus. LOL
Attached Thumbnails SRI/Exhaust-esintake.jpg  
Old 05-15-14, 07:35 AM
IS350atWOT
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I looked at the 2011 Camry V6 intake on K&N's website. I think it would work. I'd probably rather go for that than my "hack" above. LOL
Old 05-15-14, 07:54 AM
vimal01997
Rookie

Originally Posted by IS350atWOT
I believe it would be fairly easy to remove the intake silencer circled in red by cutting the intake tube right before it and right after it (shown in green arrows) using a hack saw. Make sure to leave enough to re-connect a silicone hose using clamps. You might have to use a 22 degree elbow right before the air intake box. I believe having air go straight into the air box without that silencer could give you a couple of horsepower plus give you a more noticeable intake sound. If you mess up, a replacement air intake scoop is not bad at about $100. I wanted to do this mod but couldn't bring myself to start cutting on my Lexus. LOL
Haha, I've seen a video on that and heard about it. But I would never start cutting a lexus like that, LOL. I'm with you on that one!

Alright, but what if I buy one for the 2013 camry v6? It has almost the same engine bay.. Will it fit? Will it throw a CEL at me lol? And will it void my warranty? Sorry for all the questions ;P
Old 05-15-14, 08:14 PM
MrlexEd88
Driver

I think it's a trail and error thing. We won't know until someone goes ahead and does it, in this case if you eager for sound and a few extra HP you might have to be the one to take that risk. You shouldn't get a check engine light if you install it properly with the sensors, I believe instruction are included. If it fails just return it and let us know.

Quick Reply: SRI/Exhaust