ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Going to be gone for a month. Disconnect battery?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-15 | 06:37 PM
dxerg3770
Driver

I am the OP I just wanted to give an update to this thread in case it could provide some information to anyone. I didn't disconnect the battery, because I was going to have my friend drive the vehicle around every 2 weeks or so. But he was unable to do that. When I got back after a month, car started without a hitch. Also note that it has been brutally cold in NYC past month. So I guess modern cars are just like old ones, they have no problem being left alone for a month.
Old 03-15-15 | 08:16 AM
jollick
Racer

Originally Posted by dxerg3770
I am the OP I just wanted to give an update to this thread in case it could provide some information to anyone. I didn't disconnect the battery, because I was going to have my friend drive the vehicle around every 2 weeks or so. But he was unable to do that. When I got back after a month, car started without a hitch. Also note that it has been brutally cold in NYC past month. So I guess modern cars are just like old ones, they have no problem being left alone for a month.
Thank you for sharing that.
Old 09-12-24 | 10:44 AM
kamie
Rookie

I'm no expert in solar tech. but this thing works. I read some of the negative reviews about the construction and some said it didn't work. Well, mine works just fine. The construction is enough for what it's intended to do. It's not bullet proof! It won't charge a DEAD battery, but it will bring one backup to full state of charge after moderate use. Not quickly, but it will. The phrase "Trickle Charger" is a bit miss leading. At 5 watts, it's better suited to maintaining state of charge not really "charging". If you want to charge batteries, you need to be north of 15 Watts with a regulator or you'll be cooking batteries not charging them.

The 5 Watts works well with my MT31 deep cycle batteries, and I don't need a regulator to keep from over charging. You need to match the tool to the task. Its well made and is performing as I expected. The two adapter ends, alligator clips and power point plug in, are great. The molded connector on the cord makes it easy to change from the clips to the PP plug. You cant get the connection wrong. Who can argue with "free" power,,,, well,,,, minus the cost of the solar panel. Product gets a A+ in my book.
The following users liked this post:
KMB (10-08-24)
Old 09-27-24 | 07:07 PM
kamie
Rookie

First, you did not mention whether you have a Lexus RX 450h vehicle, this Club forum is all about? And if so whether you’re asking question about hybrid or non-hybrid version of RX model, since this details are important in order to share a relevant experience? I’m surprised that the moderator did not delete your thread right away what he rushed to do in my case right away without consulting with me and clarifying what is the problem first?
Old 09-27-24 | 08:11 PM
Tootsall
Instructor

Umm, no..this is the 6th generation ES forum and you are responding to the last post which was 9 years ago.