New to the forum, need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-15, 05:25 PM
ivanwang
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forum, need help

Hi everyone

I am new to the forum, just had my 2015 ES350 for a week. Today when I was driving on the highway, all the sudden the audio display screen (no navigation) was turned off by itself, but I still hear the sounds from the speakers. all the buttons were not working. after few minutes, the display system seems reboot itself, then it was frozen at start screen with only shows the Lexus logo on it. until I pulled over and restarted the car, it was back to normal. does anybody have same issue?
Old 03-30-15, 08:21 PM
aznplayboy
Driver School Candidate

Bring it back to the dealer to have them take a closer look at it.
Old 04-24-15, 09:05 AM
ivanwang
Driver School Candidate

already had dealer checked, they find the error code in the system. they said it was the Bluetooth connection problem with my Samsung S4. they ask me to disconnect the Bluetooth while I am driving to see if it will still frozen. If it is, they can replaced the audio screen with new one. I don't know if anybody has same problem with their Samsung S4 pairing to the Lexus system.
Old 04-24-15, 09:22 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 227 Likes on 180 Posts

I had similar issue on my GS. They blamed it on my iPod that is always plugged in. There is a way to save diagnostic info for the dealer (not sure it's the same for non-NAV cars) but you press the MENU button 10 times when it happens. Then the dealer can plug in a USB to download the info/snapshot of everything going on at that time.

Also, you can reboot system without restarting car; just push and hold the volume until you see it reboot.
Old 04-24-15, 04:16 PM
Lex2015
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks for the Reminder

Originally Posted by dchar
I had similar issue on my GS. They blamed it on my iPod that is always plugged in. There is a way to save diagnostic info for the dealer (not sure it's the same for non-NAV cars) but you press the MENU button 10 times when it happens. Then the dealer can plug in a USB to download the info/snapshot of everything going on at that time.

Also, you can reboot system without restarting car; just push and hold the volume until you see it reboot.
Now that I see your comment about pressing and holding the volume button, I remember the salesperson telling me that. Hopefully, I'll remember if I ever need to do that. 😳
Old 04-24-15, 04:53 PM
ivanwang
Driver School Candidate

It happened again when I was on way back home, without my phone connected to the system, I will call Lexus dealer tomorrow to see I how they will do with it. Maybe replace a new one. Very frustrated about it!
Old 08-30-16, 05:53 PM
emarkus
Driver School Candidate

Default Same Problem

I recently purchased a 2015 ES350 (used). It has exactly the same problem that you described. Were you able to get any satisfaction from the dealer? Right now they are treating me like I'm nuts.
Old 08-31-16, 06:38 AM
ivanwang
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by emarkus
I recently purchased a 2015 ES350 (used). It has exactly the same problem that you described. Were you able to get any satisfaction from the dealer? Right now they are treating me like I'm nuts.
There is a system update for the 2015 ES that could fix this issue, check your car to see if your system version is lower than LU.37.12, then you can ask dealer to upgrade it since your car still under warranty, here is the link you can find more info, https://securedp.lexus.com/download-app/getUpdates.

good luck, let me know if the update patch will fix the problem.