ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Carista App for Android!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-15, 03:34 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank you all for the interest in the group buy option. Unfortunately we had to postpone it due to supply issues, but as before we will offer a 15% discount on the hardware adapter, i.e. $34 USD. We will announce the official release the group buy campaign in a couple of weeks here , so stay tuned for more information.
Old 09-21-15, 09:18 AM
Maikerusan
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by bc6152
No, there were several recommended on this forum and I bought the Vgate Scan OBD Scan Advanced OBD scan tool.

Here it is: http://www.eobd2.net/wholesale/elm32...2UDRoCDJLw_wcB

I just got one of these delivered today and when I try it out I get "defective" on the Carista app. (ie it will read codes but not let me customize anything). .

Rather frustrating.
Old 09-21-15, 10:36 AM
Jets
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Maikerusan
I just got one of these delivered today and when I try it out I get "defective" on the Carista app. (ie it will read codes but not let me customize anything). .

Rather frustrating.
Just buy the Carista one. Its worrh the premium.
Old 09-21-15, 12:32 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,300 Likes on 905 Posts

Rather frustrating.
Mine works fine after over a year... I'd send it back. To repeat a previous post, I paid $10.00 and no shipping. Changes anything I want...Got lucky I guess...
Old 09-21-15, 01:03 PM
Maikerusan
Advanced

Mine works fine after over a year... I'd send it back. To repeat a previous post, I paid $10.00 and no shipping. Changes anything I want...Got lucky I guess...
It took me a month to get it. Their web site would not work to confirm the order. They finally gave me another website to use to track it and that did not work either. Not really interested in wasting another 2 months sending it to China and then likely getting the same thing back.

Our family has ordered hundreds of items from overseas and this was the poorest customer service of any of them. Not worth the hassle to return it. It still works (apparently) as an OBD reader to diagnose faults, so I can use it for that.
Old 09-21-15, 01:17 PM
Maikerusan
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jets
Just buy the Carista one. Its worth the premium.
I would say you are right about that. Oh well, another lesson learned.
Old 09-21-15, 03:44 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

I would say you are right about that. Oh well, another lesson learned.
I would certainly agree at this point. Sometimes you just have to drop back 20 yards and punt...
Old 09-22-15, 12:16 AM
jbm79
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really, you can change anything? I can't find the option to change the "Tilt Away of Steering Wheel" (LPS #34) or the "Slide/Tilt Moonroof with Elec. Key" (LPS #31) through the Carista app.

Please help
Old 09-22-15, 06:07 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jbm79
Really, you can change anything? I can't find the option to change the "Tilt Away of Steering Wheel" (LPS #34) or the "Slide/Tilt Moonroof with Elec. Key" (LPS #31) through the Carista app.

Please help
I already changed the moon roof long ago but don't know anything about the steering wheel. I'll take a look...
Old 09-22-15, 12:26 PM
jda2000
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the carista OBD2 own device is not the only option.

Even Carista was recommending one from amazon for about$20 , before they came out with their own. See post #2 above.
Old 09-22-15, 02:24 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jbm79

Please help
As we replied to you in another thread and by email, you are correct that we don't have those two specific settings for the ES. But we have almost all other "dealer-only" settings. And we're also constantly working on improving our app and we keep adding more settings. Those two in particular are different from all the rest in terms of their technical implementation, and that's why we don't have them yet, but we're hoping to implement them in the near future.

Originally Posted by jda2000
the carista OBD2 own device is not the only option.

Even Carista was recommending one from amazon for about$20 , before they came out with their own. See post #2 above.
Yup, that's right. We used to recommend the BAFX device, which apparently goes for $24. But we've recently gotten reports from users that that device has issues in some cases as well. But yes, in most cases it works fine and if you're on Android, it's an ok alternative to the official Carista adapter, which goes for $39.99.
Old 09-22-15, 02:53 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

In light of the alternatives, I think that the "official" Carista unit should be available for at least a 25% discount to members on this forum... $24. vs. $40.
Keep in mind that ours is a Bluetooth 4.0 LE unit, which has a much more stable connection and the same device works with both Android and iOS. Furthermore, those "alternatives" are very hit-and-miss and you can never be sure that they'll work until you try them. And finally, an additional benefit for iOS users is that unlike WiFi devices, ours doesn't block their internet connection.

That said, we do plan to do a "group buy" on clublexus for our adapter at a discounted price. Details to come in about a week.
Old 09-22-15, 04:01 PM
jbm79
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Carista
As we replied to you in another thread and by email, you are correct that we don't have those two specific settings for the ES. But we have almost all other "dealer-only" settings. And we're also constantly working on improving our app and we keep adding more settings. Those two in particular are different from all the rest in terms of their technical implementation, and that's why we don't have them yet, but we're hoping to implement them in the near future.
Yes, thanks for the replies. I posted the question here as I thought I may get a faster feedback from the other members here and compare their experiences. I thought I was just doing something wrong.

I am disappointed that options that matter to me the most are not available. I read through your website and was under the impression that all features are supported because your website states:

"Yes, Carista can do that (if your vehicle supports it, of course)."

So yes, I bought the Pro version and I have no use for it as the settings I wanted to change are (currently) unsupported.
Old 09-22-15, 04:05 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Ok, fair enough, if you bought the Pro Package just for those two settings (even though you saw they weren't in the list when you connected to your car), we can give you a refund. If you're on Android, please email us your Google Play order number (from the receipt email). If you're on iOS, you'll have to go through Apple's customer service and ask for a refund, as iOS app vendors are not allowed to give refunds.
Old 10-05-15, 05:36 PM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Hello guys

We are excited to let you know that we are officially launching the group buy. You can purchase the adapter with a 15% discount: $34 (USD). The offer is available only for the US & Canada and only for a period of 10 days; and shipping is free to both countries. Once we have 20 payments, we will start shipping the adapters. If we don't get 20 payments within 10 days, we will return the money to those who have already paid.

Use this link to purchase: http://www.caristaapp.com/groupbuy/866761-2/

We will announce the progress, both in terms of how many people have paid so far and how many days are left.

P.S.
You can find more information about our adapter here: http://www.caristaapp.com/hardware/

Last edited by Carista; 10-06-15 at 12:04 AM.

Quick Reply: Carista App for Android!