jollick
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 155 Posts

I just ordered mine.
Old 10-06-15, 12:06 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

3 payments so far, just within a few hours. Looks like we won't have any trouble getting 20 and getting the adapters shipped out very soon! Thanks!
Old 11-25-16, 06:25 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Hi guys, just wanted to let you know that we have a Black Friday / Cyber Monday deal on the Carista OBD2 adapter - get 25% off today through Monday! https://goo.gl/PhRpZV

Old 11-25-16, 10:35 AM
Brent1944
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

looks like it wont chg the number of lane change blinks, its at 3... thats not enough.
Old 11-25-16, 01:28 PM
Emiddleb
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

You might want to check with them, their list isn't complete.

My '13 ES350 doesn't show the lane-change-blinks on their list either, but I certainly had the option of changing it to "off, 3, 5, or 7" blinks.
Old 11-26-16, 09:32 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 155 Posts

It should change the blinks. Carista does a great job of updating for the vehicles it supports so it should not become obsolete.
Old 11-26-16, 09:57 AM
Brent1944
Lead Lap

I have a question.. I just ordered this..The adaptor and the app. I installed the app..of course cant use it till i get the adaptor, but i opened the app.and it says.....your car, your way...below that it has 3 options..Diagnose...Customize .....Service........Where does one choose if you want week or a year...ans pay for said choice?.......also I assume on a 2016 ES this port is located under the dash?.
Old 11-26-16, 11:56 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Brent1944
looks like it wont chg the number of lane change blinks, its at 3... thats not enough.
The sample list of customizations on our site is actually for the older-gen ES. I believe your should allow configuring the number of blinks. We'll also update the site to include a sample list for the 6th gen ES within a few days.

Originally Posted by Brent1944
I have a question.. I just ordered this..The adaptor and the app. I installed the app..of course cant use it till i get the adaptor, but i opened the app.and it says.....your car, your way...below that it has 3 options..Diagnose...Customize .....Service........Where does one choose if you want week or a year...ans pay for said choice?.......also I assume on a 2016 ES this port is located under the dash?.
You will get to the payment screen the first time you attempt to use a paid feature (such as customizations). The app has to confirm that your car is supported (yours definitely is) and then offer you the payment options. Just make sure you have a working internet connection when you're trying this and you should be fine - the payment experience is pretty seamless.
Old 12-01-16, 06:54 AM
Brent1944
Lead Lap

Got mine 2 days ago for my 2016 ES.. Most things work. However the allowance for one to open the windows and the sunroof only half works, Sunroof does NOT open... Not that its a big issue since i use my seatbelt anyway but the chime can be programmed to stop dinging, the light on the dash stays on...and under service it has noithing. Maybe thats because i havent had anything done. I was also under the impression that it could be programmed to NOT have the recirculate to come on as default...I did change the # of blinks on lane change and not to lower the rear shade....Its not real clear to me, where to go if I decide I do NOT want to AUTO RENEW
Old 12-18-16, 08:07 AM
Brent1944
Lead Lap

So does anyone know when one goes IF??? I decide not to AUTO RENEW??
Old 12-18-16, 08:49 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Sorry about not seeing your question earlier. If you decide NOT to renew, just go to your subscriptions in iTunes or Google Play (depending on your platform), find Carista and cancel it or set it not to renew. If you cancel any time before the end of the first year, you will continue to have access for the full year, but it will not auto-renew for the next one. Please let me know if you need additional directions and I'd be happy to provide them (but please specify whether you're on Android or iOS).

About the things that you're having trouble with in the app:
- When you disable the seat belt ding, the light stays on on most models - that's just how the car works and as far as we know there's no way to change that (not even by the dealer)
- Under "service", you can find service tools, but we currently don't have any such tools for Lexus cars. We are experimenting with providing a tool to register TPMS sensor IDs, but it's currently under beta and not working consistently enough to be released.
- About the sunroof: do you see a separate option in Carista to make the sunroof open via the remote? Are you saying that you're setting it to open in Carista, but it doesn't actually do it (even though the windows do open)?
Old 12-18-16, 09:31 AM
Emiddleb
Rookie

RE Sunroof: On my 2013 ES 350 I have the same issue... through Carista I have set the "Open windows and sunroof via long-press on remote" to ON but only the windows open. The sunroof does not. I do have the "Open windows and sunroof by holding key in door lock" set to OFF, not sure if that makes a difference.
Old 12-18-16, 09:44 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Emiddleb
RE Sunroof: On my 2013 ES 350 I have the same issue... through Carista I have set the "Open windows and sunroof via long-press on remote" to ON but only the windows open. The sunroof does not. I do have the "Open windows and sunroof by holding key in door lock" set to OFF, not sure if that makes a difference.
I see. The setting called "Open windows and sunroof via long-press on remote" is a general setting to enable "comfort-opening" in general. It mentions windows and sunroof as a way to describe what comfort-opening means. But if there's no separate setting about the sunroof, then we probably don't have it configured for that model, or the car doesn't support it. Can you please send us debug data from your car so we can check? It takes some time, but it's useful. For instructions, see the last FAQ here: http://www.caristaapp.com/help/
Thanks.
Old 12-18-16, 10:50 AM
400to300H
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Carista
The sample list of customizations on our site is actually for the older-gen ES. I believe your should allow configuring the number of blinks. We'll also update the site to include a sample list for the 6th gen ES within a few days.
Still waiting on that update, it's pretty important to show value in your product no? From a customization point of view so far turning off the seat belt warning ding is the only benefit (albeit a big one) for my 2013 that I've found that appeals to me, appears 2013 has many customization settings built in that a 2008 did not...

Any chance panic button can be remapped for one touch remote engine start? Or even just holding down the lock button, verses lock twice and then hold lock. Better yet how about engine start when driver handle grabbed (when vehicle is locked and fob is near)? That would be killer but I imagine impossible...

Any possibility of bypassing engine shutdown when started remotely and entering vehicle? Only glaring thing Lexus didn't seem to get right,. IMO anyway, is how remote start works and I'd love to see some options (any options) in that regard...

Last edited by 400to300H; 12-18-16 at 11:11 AM.
Old 12-18-16, 01:39 PM
Emiddleb
Rookie

Originally Posted by Carista
I see. The setting called "Open windows and sunroof via long-press on remote" is a general setting to enable "comfort-opening" in general. It mentions windows and sunroof as a way to describe what comfort-opening means. But if there's no separate setting about the sunroof, then we probably don't have it configured for that model, or the car doesn't support it. Can you please send us debug data from your car so we can check? It takes some time, but it's useful. For instructions, see the last FAQ here: http://www.caristaapp.com/help/
Thanks.
Debug data sent.

Quick Reply: Carista App for Android!