ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

16 ES350 UL (delivery Sat)

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-15, 12:17 PM
sapd911
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, the car won't be here until late Saturday. The PDI guy has to do his thing and then detail. Picking it up Monday morning. I noticed that the Matk Levinson has 15 speakers on the 2016 instead of 14? Curious where they put the extra speaker? I also saw that a 16 ES demo on the lot had Bridgestone 17" tires. I hope my 18's are Michelin. As far as my trade, they kept it, I'm good with it, paperwork is done and it's written on paper what I am getting. Salesman also gave me a 2015 LS460 as a loaner. Man this thing is nice. Should be a nice 200 miles drive home. Hurry up Monday.
Old 08-28-15, 12:23 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,751 Likes on 1,968 Posts
Default 16 ES350 UL (delivery Sat)

Let me get this straight. You're driving 200 miles to drop off the trade, and then driving 200 miles on Monday to get the car? And they gave you a vastly superior car to drive until Monday?

Very strange.
Old 08-28-15, 12:23 PM
chrisexv6
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sapd911
Well, the car won't be here until late Saturday. The PDI guy has to do his thing and then detail. Picking it up Monday morning. I noticed that the Matk Levinson has 15 speakers on the 2016 instead of 14? Curious where they put the extra speaker? I also saw that a 16 ES demo on the lot had Bridgestone 17" tires. I hope my 18's are Michelin. As far as my trade, they kept it, I'm good with it, paperwork is done and it's written on paper what I am getting. Salesman also gave me a 2015 LS460 as a loaner. Man this thing is nice. Should be a nice 200 miles drive home. Hurry up Monday.
Tell them not to detail it, pay someone else to do it the right way!
Old 08-28-15, 12:28 PM
chrisexv6
Driver

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Let me get this straight. You're driving 200 miles to drop off the trade, and then driving 200 miles on Monday to get the car? And they gave you a vastly superior car to drive until Monday?

Very strange.
I thought it was a bit strange about how fast the car is getting here.

Looking at the "history" of the '15 we bought a couple months ago, it took 3-4 weeks after production for the car to arrive in port, then another week to get to a dealer and put up for sale.

Did they really start producing the 16's about a month ago? Even when we bought our '15, there was another identical 2015 inbound from Japan (not built as special order, just normal production), which would mean they would have had to start producing the '16s 2 or 3 weeks after that one was produced.....seems odd that the changeover would happen that quickly, no?
Old 08-28-15, 12:56 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,017 Likes on 695 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisexv6

Did they really start producing the 16's about a month ago? Even when we bought our '15, there was another identical 2015 inbound from Japan (not built as special order, just normal production), which would mean they would have had to start producing the '16s 2 or 3 weeks after that one was produced.....seems odd that the changeover would happen that quickly, no?
My guess would be that Lexus did not completely stop production of the 2015 ES and begin full production of the 2016 model at a single simultaneous moment. What is more likely is that, while the 2015 ES was still being produced on some of the production lines, other production lines were shut down and converted to production of the 2016 vehicle. A good njmber of the 2016 model have been showing up at dealers by now. So, it is likely, allowing time for building the vehicles, transporting them to the US, shipping them to the dealers, etc., that Lexus has been building the 2016, using at least some of its production facilities, for quite a few weeks.

As far as my trade, they kept it, I'm good with it, paperwork is done and it's written on paper what I am getting.
As I said in my earlier post, while it is likely that everything will work out okay, I still would not be inclined to turn my trade in over before I had a chance to inspect and drive the new vehicle. I would be even more concerned about doing so if I had also already signed over the title to that trade in vehicle before I had a chance to inspect and drive the new car. And I'd be even more nervous if I had already completed the paperwork, applied for a title, applied for a license plate, transfer, etc. for the new car before I had a chance to inspect it and to drive it. As I said earlier, if anything at all is an issue with the new vehicle, getting things sorted out could be much more difficult, and your leverage in dealing with the dealership will have been severely compromised.

In any case, good luck with your new ES.

Last edited by lesz; 08-28-15 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-28-15, 01:04 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 99 Posts

Hmmm, I thought the old ML had 15 speakers?
Old 08-28-15, 02:06 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,751 Likes on 1,968 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
As I said in my earlier post, while it is likely that everything will work out okay, I still would not be inclined to turn my trade in over before I had a chance to inspect and drive the new vehicle. I would be even more concerned about doing so if I had also already signed over the title to that trade in vehicle before I had a chance to inspect and drive the new car. And I'd be even more nervous if I had already completed the paperwork, applied for a title, applied for a license plate, transfer, etc. for the new car before I had a chance to inspect it and to drive it. As I said earlier, if anything at all is an issue with the new vehicle, getting things sorted out could be much more difficult, and your leverage in dealing with the dealership will have been severely compromised.
Its like this scene from National Lampoon's Vacation:

Old 08-28-15, 02:18 PM
sapd911
Pole Position

The deal is not complete until I take delivery. If I don't like it ect, then I can back out and get my old car back. They r not driving it, I am transferring my old tags to the new one. I have them with me. And yes they gave me a 2015 LS460 as a loaner (even filled it up) until Monday to drive 400 miles round trip. I have the vin and all the options I am getting. I am not worried. It's all in writing and legit!
Old 08-28-15, 02:19 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,306 Likes on 909 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Its like this scene from National Lampoon's Vacation:

Car Sales - YouTube
Ha! Watched it twice... Thanks!!! Not really too far from real deal.

Hopefully not the case for SAPD911.
Old 08-28-15, 02:31 PM
sapd911
Pole Position

Lol at the video
Old 08-28-15, 03:35 PM
user420
Driver

Very funny video. The entire movie was pretty good. Hopefully, all will go smoothly on Monday. Post a few pics after you take delivery.
Old 08-28-15, 03:41 PM
sapd911
Pole Position

they said they would deliver it to my house 191 miles away). Very thoughtful but I don't want a total stranger driving it that far.
Old 08-28-15, 04:33 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 671 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by mspearl95
Hmmm, I thought the old ML had 15 speakers?
Correct! No change.
Old 08-28-15, 05:50 PM
sapd911
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mike728
Correct! No change.
yeah ML stayed the same, the one plus I did see, is I can remote start my ES with Enform remote. Also the NAV is version 8 with 3d viewing and more split screens. 8" screen, (was the previous screen 7"?) I didn't have a chance to mess with the NAV. I did notice the reverse camera stayed the same and it does not turn when you turn the steering wheel. I did notice a better wide angle as in when you reverse you can actually see your rear bumper and get to within inches of backing into something. Not sure if my 13 had that due to it being white, but it seemed this one is better.

The few things I did notice different in the interior other than the new steering wheel.

1. New shifter with a leather boot.
2. Leather on each side of the center stack. Was plastic before.
3. The NAV mouse now has buttons on each side so you can push the side button or the old pushing the mouse down.
4. New redesigned rear view mirror. Homelink buttons are hidden underneath.
5. Front lights where the moonroof operates are now LEDs and are touchless. You waive your hands apparently over them.
6. The USB ports are switched on the inside of the center console. Lot easier now to connect your phones.
7. Lane departure is pretty cool, vibrates on the right side steering wheel or left side steering wheel depending on which side you veer to.
8. Pre-collision works great. Salesman had a female jump in front and the car, iy stopped quickly. LOL, I would never try that.
9. Smart cruise is cool, but you still have the bulky cruise **** just like the old.
10. The key fobs now have leather covers not the cheesy rubber ones. $10.00 but your salesman can throw them in like he did mine, lol.
I think that is about it. The one I test drove was a demo with 17" bridgestones. Ride was very quiet.

Will post a more thorough review next week.

Last edited by sapd911; 08-28-15 at 06:00 PM.
Old 08-28-15, 06:10 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,017 Likes on 695 Posts

Also the NAV is version 8 with 3d viewing and more split screens. 8" screen, (was the previous screen 7"?)
The screen on my 2013 ES is an 8" screen. I just double checked it to make sure that I was not mistaken.

yeah ML stayed the same, the one plus I did see, is I can remote start my ES with Enform remote.
While there is no question that being able to remote start with the Enform app is nice, does it not require the paid subscription version of Enform to be able to use it (after your free trial period)?

I did notice a better wide angle as in when you reverse you can actually see your rear bumper and get to within inches of backing into something. Not sure if my 13 had that due to it being white, but it seemed this one is better.

I believe that any difference you see regarding the view of the rear camera is simply the result of the fact that, depending on the angle at which the camera has been mounted, you can get a different view. I've driven several different 2013-2015 ES loaners (and my own ES). The angle of view from the rear camera has varied somewhat from one vehicle to another. I suspect that there is, to Lexus, some acceptable tolerance range in how the camera is mounted, and some have a slightly lower view than others. In fact there was a thread about that on this board some time ago.

Last edited by lesz; 08-28-15 at 06:19 PM.

Quick Reply: 16 ES350 UL (delivery Sat)