ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

2016 ES 350 (mainly interior changes that I saw)

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-15, 06:25 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 225 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by sapd911
Mirrors do not auto fold in.
So the new ES still doesn't have power folding mirrors? That's a little disappointing. I remember 2013 GS owners complaining about GS being a luxury car that doesn't have this feature, and Lexus added it for the 2014+ models. Maybe ES owners didn't complain enough

Glad everything went smoothly with pick up.
Old 09-01-15, 05:27 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
So the new ES still doesn't have power folding mirrors? That's a little disappointing. I remember 2013 GS owners complaining about GS being a luxury car that doesn't have this feature, and Lexus added it for the 2014+ models. Maybe ES owners didn't complain enough

Glad everything went smoothly with pick up.
My 2006 GS AWD had power folding mirrors. I think some areas of the world get them on the ES along with headlight washers. Maybe even back seat armrest audio controls. I think the UL version in the US should have all of them.
Old 09-01-15, 03:16 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 112 Likes on 93 Posts

Well I got the car home, no issues. Drives and handles very well.

I do have the 18" Bridgestone tires, ugh. Very quiet ride though.

I also noticed I have a green valve stem cap that says N2 in green lettering. Does this mean Nitrogen? Dealer does not have nitrogen so if it is, it came from the factory this way????

I really love the new center display. Really helps on navigation turn by turn. A lot more features than on previous models.

Lane assist is awesome. You can have the steering wheel vibrate or not and it does pull you back into your lane. Worked well the whole trip home.

I have not experimented with the pedestrian auto stop feature/pre-collision or whatever its called, lol.

Rear park assist does turn when the wheel turns. My 13 didn't have that or I just didn't know how to set it.

Bi-leds and fogs are simply awesome. Haven't had to see them but I am basing this off the 15 LS loaner I drove this morning.

Adaptive cruise is also way cool. I used it a lot when the 80 mph cars were passing me (doing 60-65, lol).

New gear shifter is was better and thought out.

Mirrors do not auto fold in.

New feature of Auto hi beams, haven't tried that yet.

I got 33 mpg in 191 miles of driving, mainly hwy, 2 towns I drove thru.

I'll post more later, but the ride does seem to ride a lot better, who knows, maybe its just because its so new.
does the radar cruise control work all the way to 0, or does it shut off at 25?
Old 09-01-15, 11:00 PM
sapd911
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mspearl95
does the radar cruise control work all the way to 0, or does it shut off at 25?
not sure, probably 25 ill check
Old 09-03-15, 12:17 PM
jgoleno
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not sure, probably 25 ill check
ES only goes to 25, along with the GS-f. RX, GS, and LX have the all speed DRCC.
Old 09-03-15, 03:56 PM
mspearl95
Instructor

Received 112 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by jgoleno
ES only goes to 25, along with the GS-f. RX, GS, and LX have the all speed DRCC.
including the 2016 ES? I think i remember reading that the NX also has the all- speed.
Old 09-03-15, 04:58 PM
sapd911
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mspearl95
including the 2016 ES? I think i remember reading that the NX also has the all- speed.
I believe my manual said 30 mph, I could be wrong though
Old 09-03-15, 05:05 PM
chrisexv6
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe my manual said 30 mph, I could be wrong though
Checked the 2015 and 2016 manuals and they mention the same speeds:

30mph before it can be activated and auto-disable under 25mph
Old 09-03-15, 07:58 PM
sapd911
Pole Position

Thanks. Detailed the car up after having it 4days and the 200 mile drive home. Zymol leather conditioner and aerospace 303. Have to get a fresh polish tomorrow am. So far loving this car. Very **** when it comes to detailing. So far it looks good.

Zero brake dust. My mom drove her 15 s550 and it was covered in brake dust. 400 mile trip. Also the wheels seem so much easier to clean compared to my 13 es. Might be new wheels who knows. Trying to figure what to put on the panoramic roof as far as protectant goes?

Also I think the seats are different as in the upgraded leather.
Old 09-03-15, 08:58 PM
chekraze
Driver School Candidate

Congrats on a really beautiful car and color combo! Agree on the upgraded leather being different. Even when I've sat on nice living room furniture that has the semi-aniline leather the feel is very different than regular hides.

No brake dust? That's awesome.

May I ask if you purchased or leased? And was pricing negotiable at all?
Old 09-04-15, 04:00 AM
chrisexv6
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. Detailed the car up after having it 4days and the 200 mile drive home. Zymol leather conditioner and aerospace 303. Have to get a fresh polish tomorrow am. So far loving this car. Very **** when it comes to detailing. So far it looks good.

Zero brake dust. My mom drove her 15 s550 and it was covered in brake dust. 400 mile trip. Also the wheels seem so much easier to clean compared to my 13 es. Might be new wheels who knows. Trying to figure what to put on the panoramic roof as far as protectant goes?

Also I think the seats are different as in the upgraded leather.
Did your '13 ES have the semi-aniline leather?

As far as the pano roof, I had a pro detail the exterior of ours and they applied OptiCoat Pro to the paint, OptiGlass to all the glass (including the pano roof) and OptiLens to the head and taillights.

There are also DIY coatings you can look at as well, like GTechniq G1, AquaPel, etc.
Old 09-04-15, 06:02 AM
sapd911
Pole Position

Originally Posted by chekraze
Congrats on a really beautiful car and color combo! Agree on the upgraded leather being different. Even when I've sat on nice living room furniture that has the semi-aniline leather the feel is very different than regular hides.

No brake dust? That's awesome.

May I ask if you purchased or leased? And was pricing negotiable at all?
Paid cash, got $1500 off MSRP. The deal breaker was my one pay lease (13 ES). Got over $3K over my pay off, which was exactly what blue book was. So all in all, it was a fair deal. I also got the 8yr warranty, probably shouldn't have, but peace of mind after the 4 yr warranty expires.
Old 09-04-15, 06:27 AM
airgas1998
Driver

Paid cash, got $1500 off MSRP. The deal breaker was my one pay lease (13 ES). Got over $3K over my pay off, which was exactly what blue book was. So all in all, it was a fair deal. I also got the 8yr warranty, probably shouldn't have, but peace of mind after the 4 yr warranty expires.
based on that i take it your in for the long haul...
Old 09-04-15, 11:44 AM
sapd911
Pole Position

Originally Posted by airgas1998
based on that i take it your in for the long haul...
yep, keeping this beauty for awhile/

Hey, is Aquapal treatment okay for the panoramic sunroof?
Old 09-04-15, 10:20 PM
KennyLexus
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So, I took my car to the Lexus dealership a couple days ago for its 100,000 mile service. Yes, I did say 100,000...I work a lot and commute a lot. Not one mechanical problem with this baby :knocks on wood:. Although, I still have 20k left on the extended warranty. I also had the full detail package (inside and out) done. The detail manager realized there was 100k on the OD when he turned the car back over to me. He said the car was in great shape; all service done at Lexus of Memphis.

Anyway, I had a few minutes to burn while they were finishing up on my car. So I walked into the showroom to check out the refreshed 2016 ES model. Of course, it wasn't long before a salesman asked me how I liked it. I told him the same thing I said here; "Still on the fence about the front cap...but I think it might grow on me". "The exhaust tips look a little better in person but I'm still not digging them". I told him I had a 2013 UL with all the bells and whistles.

To my surprise, he said they had one on the lot. Keep in mind, me and several more people on this forum had to special order ours and had to wait months for delivery. We walked out to the lot and there it was. A fully loaded 2016 ES350 UL gray with black interior (although mines a ES 300H). I liked the little interior differences. I particularly like the inlay stitching on the seats and door panels...white stitching in black leather; sweet. The MSRP was around $49,000. My car new stickered a little higher.

Quick Reply: 2016 ES 350 (mainly interior changes that I saw)