ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

How to get eDestinations to actually show up in the car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-15, 07:06 PM
AllenMcw
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to get eDestinations to actually show up in the car?

Hello,

I hope someone can help with this. I am actually a software engineer and yet I am completely stumped by something which should be so simple!

I signed up for my Enform account which includes eDestinations. I added several destinations in a couple of different folders I created. The website said the destinations were out of sync with the car itself. So I clicked the download button and it said the eDestinations were successfully downloaded to the car.

Every time I log out and back in it tells me my car is in sync and has all my eDestinations.

Yet no matter where I have looked in the car itself I find these destinations NOWHERE! They simply do not appear to exist!

Where exactly am I supposed to find them? And if they ever do show up do they show up in the folders I created them in on the Lexus website?

I do NOT like the Bing search option from my iPhone 6 because it gives me no way to do anything other than set an address with NO business NAME or anything. So right, after I have dozens of addresses I'm supposed to recognize what each one is solely by the address?

eDestinations is supposed to work but it appears to be completely broken.

For reference: the other features through the Enform App suite appear to work fine and also Enform Remote App. Just the eDestinations is giving me grief.

Not sure if my profile information shows up so I have a recently purchased (Aug 24th) 2015 ES-350.

Thanks very much
Allen
Old 08-28-15, 08:06 PM
sapd911
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Allen, I would like to know also. Can you school me on edestinations? So if I put in sea world it would guide me to it?
Old 08-28-15, 08:14 PM
AllenMcw
Driver School Candidate

Well when you log into: https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/home

You click Lexus Enform -> Enform Destinations. From there click "eDestination Folders". You can add folders there and then w/in the folders add destinations. Once you click into a folder you create, click "eDstinations" near the upper right corner. From there you can add addresses by "Point of Interest" or "Address". Once you have made the selection you can set a name for it and which folder you want it stored in.

Up to this point it works fine. After making changes it tells you it is out of sync with your car and gives you the option to download to the car.

This is where it does not work. I download and it tells me successful but I cannot find those destinations in the car itself even though it tells me the car is in sync.

If this last part worked this would be a really nice feature.

I hope I am missing something but I'm thinking this is a bug. Let's see what others say.

I have seen a few other posts from people talking about eDestination confusion but no one I've found has offered an answer on this.

If I don't get anything by tomorrow morning I plan on calling Lexus Enform Customer service and hopefully they will sort this out.

Allen

P.S. I tried entering "sea world" in San Diego CA from Point of Interest. That part seems to work, it found 2 matches which appear to be correct.

Last edited by AllenMcw; 08-28-15 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-29-15, 12:46 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 227 Likes on 180 Posts

To access your folders that you set on drivers.lexus.com, go into destinations then POI. You'll see e-destination button. You'll need to update the list. Then you can select your folder and set your destination.
Old 08-29-15, 01:25 PM
AllenMcw
Driver School Candidate

Default Thank you!

Hi there,

Thank you so much!

I'm somewhat embarrassed that I failed to see that. If it was a snake....well you know the rest of that one!

Thanks again,
Allen
Old 09-23-15, 12:46 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 865 Likes on 652 Posts

Advanced class on the eDestinations. Up to 200 destinations in up to 20 folders are available.
When you have filled to the limit you must start deleting from the folders, you can place some of them
in the car's Address Book (100 entries) by using "Mark" and reentering location Names/descriptions.

BTW - at the end of the 12 month Complimentary Safety Connect trial period you will not be able to
add or change anymore unless you enroll, $140 for the S.C. plus $125 for the Destination Assist. This
enrollment will then keep the live operator working. Previously transferred locations will however still
be usable/deletable
Old 01-05-16, 05:19 PM
Lubber
Rookie

This was great information thanks! I wish that they had an option to keep using the eDestinations at a cheaper price though. I really like this feature of transferring addresses in but do not see myself using the live person enough to warrant $125 price per year.
Old 01-05-16, 09:49 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 227 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by Lubber
This was great information thanks! I wish that they had an option to keep using the eDestinations at a cheaper price though. I really like this feature of transferring addresses in but do not see myself using the live person enough to warrant $125 price per year.
But there is a cheaper/free way of getting destinations from your phone to the car.

Use Lexus Enform app on your phone. Then click Destination Search. Type in what you're looking for. Then select destination and click Save. Then connect your phone through Bluetooth to the car. Then go to Lexus App Suite on the car menu. Then click on Saved Destinations. Click Yes to sync destinations. Then you can navigate to that destination.

Last edited by dchar; 01-05-16 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-06-16, 05:57 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,300 Likes on 905 Posts

Here are directions I got from the dealer tech person on how to save destinations for free - no subscription necessary - as DCHAR posted.

1. On your phone go to Lexus Enform App Suite

2. Select the 'Bing' icon

3. Search the address

4. When correct address is located click on the address

5. This brings up a screen with the option to save, select save

6. Go out of Bing and back into the Lexus Enform App Suite

7. Select the icon that says 'Saved Destinations'

8. All addresses saved in this way can be accessed from this screen and sent to the vehicle navigation

Hope this helps.
Old 01-06-16, 06:56 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by bc6152
Here are directions I got from the dealer tech person on how to save destinations for free - no subscription necessary - as DCHAR posted.

1. On your phone go to Lexus Enform App Suite

2. Select the 'Bing' icon

3. Search the address

4. When correct address is located click on the address

5. This brings up a screen with the option to save, select save

6. Go out of Bing and back into the Lexus Enform App Suite

7. Select the icon that says 'Saved Destinations'

8. All addresses saved in this way can be accessed from this screen and sent to the vehicle navigation

Hope this helps.
On my iPhone, the icon is "Destination Search", I do not have a Bing icon. It lists categories you can search, works very well.
Old 01-06-16, 10:12 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by jollick
On my iPhone, the icon is "Destination Search", I do not have a Bing icon. It lists categories you can search, works very well.
That's correct. Bing was recently replaced by "Destination Search" in both the phone app and in the car.