ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Enform App Settings for Pandora - Tone settings

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-16, 07:32 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 157 Posts
Default Enform App Settings for Pandora - Tone settings

When I listen to Pandora through the Enform App there is very little if any bass. I cannot seem to find a way to adjust the Treble, Mid and Bass settings. I am using an iPhone 6. Perhaps there are none. Has anyone explored this?

Last edited by jollick; 01-14-16 at 08:01 AM.
Old 01-14-16, 10:05 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 658 Likes on 492 Posts

I believe it uses the settings under the apps tab. My Pandora and Slacker sound great. I set the quality to max, or highest bandwidth, on the phone. I couldn't stomach the low quality/compressed XM sound and don't miss it for a second.
Old 01-14-16, 10:33 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,030 Posts

I assume it's the same as on my GS.

Go to the Pandora app. Click on the song (displayed on the right). You should then see a "Sound" button on the lower left. Click that and you can adjust the settings.
Old 01-14-16, 12:56 PM
jollick
Racer

Originally Posted by JDR76
I assume it's the same as on my GS.

Go to the Pandora app. Click on the song (displayed on the right). You should then see a "Sound" button on the lower left. Click that and you can adjust the settings.
Thank you, I assume you are referring to the app on the screen in the car, not the iPhone. I do not see "sounds" on the phone. I will check on the car later on and let you know.
Old 01-14-16, 12:58 PM
jollick
Racer

Originally Posted by Mike728
I believe it uses the settings under the apps tab. My Pandora and Slacker sound great. I set the quality to max, or highest bandwidth, on the phone. I couldn't stomach the low quality/compressed XM sound and don't miss it for a second.
Yes I have the app on the phone set to higher quality audio.
Old 01-14-16, 02:16 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Sorry for the ambiguity. I should have been more clear.

Go to the app screen in the car and click on the song title/cover picture:

Click "Sound" on the lower left.

You should get this screen:

This is how it is on my GS and, if I recall correctly, my RX as well, so I am assuming it's the same for the ES, but we all know where assumptions get us...
Old 01-14-16, 05:17 PM
Cannoli
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an ES and it works much the same way as your GS. IIRC, the sound button is on the right side of my screen and leads to the exact same graphic as in your photos.
Old 01-14-16, 05:47 PM
jollick
Racer

Figured it out. On my 2013 ES300h with ML the sound button is not on the same screen as your GS, otherwise that screen is the same. If I press the radio button on the the dash, I see the tabs on top, select the APP tab and there on the right is the sound button. They got it right on the GS and put it in a logical place. Thank you to all for your help.
Old 01-14-16, 07:01 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Great! Glad you found what you needed!
Old 01-15-16, 05:22 AM
jollick
Racer

Now for one more question. It seems every time I get in the car I have to restart the app on the iPhone 6 to get Pandora to work. Is this normal?
Old 01-15-16, 06:09 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Unfortunately, at least with the iPhone, yes, that's pretty normal. When an app is running in the background, after a certain amount of time the phone will shut it down. So what I do is I open and close the app as part of my morning routine before leaving for work, just to ensure I don't have to mess with it in the car. I'm usually good for the day, then.
Old 01-15-16, 06:51 AM
jollick
Racer

Unfortunately, at least with the iPhone, yes, that's pretty normal. When an app is running in the background, after a certain amount of time the phone will shut it down. So what I do is I open and close the app as part of my morning routine before leaving for work, just to ensure I don't have to mess with it in the car. I'm usually good for the day, then.
Ok, thank you, I will get into that routine.
Old 01-15-16, 02:34 PM
Cannoli
Driver School Candidate

I usually go through the task manager on my iphone and close all open apps so I've never noticed that.
Old 01-16-16, 06:11 AM
Mhobizal
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can also leave the app running on your iPhone and and toggle the radio between FM radio and then back to the App screen. I used to do this occasionally when I owned an Android phone. Now that I have an iPhone 6s Plus, I have to do this daily.

I called my Lexus Technology guy yesterday and he told me he also ****s the app down when leaving his car. I could not get him to admit it is a bug in the software, but he is aware of this issue we as users have. He is blaming it on the phone. I do not agree as I also experienced this same issue on my Android.

I am disappointed that Lexus has not figured out a fix for this. In m opinion this is a functionality bug in the software. I have a 2014 Lexus 300h with the ML system.
Old 01-16-16, 06:53 AM
Cannoli
Driver School Candidate

I'm not sure what I did different. I left my Enform app running Thursday and when I got in the car Friday Pandora started running as soon as the phone connected.
My phone is an iphone 6 running ios 9.2.

I wonder if it's ios version related? What version are you running?

Quick Reply: Enform App Settings for Pandora - Tone settings