My 2013 ES 350 current mods and future projects

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-16, 02:49 PM
Ronegone1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2013 ES 350 current mods and future projects

Hello everyone,
I just recently purchased my ES this past December casr had one previouse owner with 30,000 miles. I am very pleased with my purchase there are many features to the car that i enjoy, but few that i would like to change for my personal preforence.
I am posting this thread to show the current changes that i have done to my ES and the upcoming projects, would defenstly enjoy some input from other ES owners and obstacles they have across with similar changes.
Hope you all enjoy or helps you with similar projects that you may be performing.
Old 02-06-16, 03:55 PM
Ronegone1
Driver School Candidate

Default HID Fog Lighting

First change i performed was the HID Fog lighting.
After several trial and error with other HID Kits i had/purchased/was recomended none work on my car the lighting would auto shut off. Found an HID conversion kit for the Camry head light which fit perfectly on my ES fog lighting.
The hid lighting kit is by Enlight sold for the Camry but fits the ES perfectly the bulb is a H11 which comes with the kit and the ES housing assy is a H16 they are very much similar just a hairline of diference. I shaved down the edges of the H11 bulb a little so it facilitates installation and removal.

Fog lighting 6k very pleased with results need to change the head lights to 6k as well in the future.

The HID fog lighting is very noticable towards the edges of the car

Fog lighting off

Fog lighting on picture does not do justice.

I would highly recomend this product for any ES owners seeking to change their Fog lighting to HID. The kit comes very professionally put together and unlike other HID kits these start up bright right away.
Old 02-06-16, 04:08 PM
Ronegone1
Driver School Candidate

Default Wrapping Headlights and Taillights

Second change was the wrapping of the headlights and tail lights. I had this on my previous car was something i enjoyed it gave a nice to the car.

Headlight and Fog light wrapped with a lightly smoked wrap

Tail lighting a slightly darker wrapping.<br/>If you notice the exhaust tips are slightly bigger than the original exhaust tip.
Old 02-07-16, 09:39 AM
Universe93
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Those fog lights look great! The stock ones are so weak. Keep sharing
Old 02-07-16, 05:31 PM
Ronegone1
Driver School Candidate

Default Upcoming projects

Next big change that i shall be attempting would have to be replacing the stock rims. After much research and looking at products was unsure what aftermarket rims may suit the car. Found some beautiful rims made by Concept One cs20 but they were to big and wide for what i was looking for. By luck stumbled onto a great shop here in Miami which performed all sorts of mods to your vehicle and they make rims aswell. Location seemed very profesional which was just what i was looking for did not want to do some shaddy work on the car. Decided to buy some 19 inch rims for the car wanted to maintain as much comfort as possible although i did not go in with the mindset of getting stagered rims i thhought it might give it a better appeal to the car.

Avorza AV12

As we speak they are being manufactured ones installed ill post a pic of the end product
Old 02-07-16, 05:40 PM
Ronegone1
Driver School Candidate

Default Door Courtesy Mood Lighting

I noticed that the new 2016 models have a white courtesy lighting on the door panels, thought it looks very classy and gives the car great appeal. Would defenatly like to do the same with my ES but instead of white would like the same shade of color as my foot lighting. When any of my doors open my foot lighting becomes brighter and when doors close they dim i think this same feature would look great on the door courtesy lighting as well.

Any suggestions?
Old 02-07-16, 05:59 PM
Ronegone1
Driver School Candidate

Default Future Leather Center Console Edges

Would defenatly like to change the edges of the center console to a black leather think it would look great on the car. Notices that the newer version comes with the leather edges but seems the whole console comes with just one tone of color.

Wish to replace to black leather

2016 version

I had gone to the dealer to see if i could purchase the parts but seems that thee whole console comes as one part.

Any suggestions?
Old 02-08-16, 05:31 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 157 Posts

The white courtesy lighting on the door panels, aka ambient lighting, is only on the UL versions and has been there since the 2013 models.
Old 02-09-16, 10:23 AM
Ronegone1
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for the input i shall look into it.
Old 02-10-16, 05:42 AM
alpinefun
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about replacing the shifter with 2016 design?
Old 02-10-16, 11:22 PM
KennyLexus
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Your car is looking good with the mods you've done so far. I can't wait to see it with the new wheels.
Old 02-11-16, 07:29 PM
pampas
Driver School Candidate

nice the hid looks cool
Old 02-11-16, 07:51 PM
Ronegone1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by alpinefun
How about replacing the shifter with 2016 design?
Defnatly a good idea, the shifter for my model is horrible model not smooth what so ever. my previouse car was a 08 Malibu LTZ very smooth shifter with techtronic paddle shifters on steering wheel was defenatly a fun feauture.
Would have to try and see if the new shifter is compatible with my moodel.
Old 02-11-16, 09:28 PM
Ronegone1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ronegone1
I noticed that the new 2016 models have a white courtesy lighting on the door panels, thought it looks very classy and gives the car great appeal. Would defenatly like to do the same with my ES but instead of white would like the same shade of color as my foot lighting. When any of my doors open my foot lighting becomes brighter and when doors close they dim i think this same feature would look great on the door courtesy lighting as well.

Any suggestions?

So i was able to take my door panel apart today to see how dificult the job at hand would be, was fairly simple to take the door panel apart. Now i just have to decide on what color leds shall i use to place as the ambient lighting.
Old 04-01-16, 12:25 AM
siwo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ronegone1
First change i performed was the HID Fog lighting.
After several trial and error with other HID Kits i had/purchased/was recomended none work on my car the lighting would auto shut off. Found an HID conversion kit for the Camry head light which fit perfectly on my ES fog lighting.
The hid lighting kit is by Enlight sold for the Camry but fits the ES perfectly the bulb is a H11 which comes with the kit and the ES housing assy is a H16 they are very much similar just a hairline of diference. I shaved down the edges of the H11 bulb a little so it facilitates installation and removal.

Fog lighting 6k very pleased with results need to change the head lights to 6k as well in the future.

The HID fog lighting is very noticable towards the edges of the car

Fog lighting off

Fog lighting on picture does not do justice.

I would highly recomend this product for any ES owners seeking to change their Fog lighting to HID. The kit comes very professionally put together and unlike other HID kits these start up bright right away.
Hey,

I like the HID bulbs on your car!! I have the 2015 ES 350 base model (Canadian) which comes with LED for DRL but Halogen H11 for the low beam projectors & halogen for fogs & I am looking to change them to LED rather than HID. I read in many places here on CL and many are suggesting that a minor modification to the H11 will fit however the 19W vs the traditional 55W is what concerns me. I don't want to fry the wires and have no problems with buying 18W LEDs to compensate.

I have recently converted my low beams to LEDs and they look nice. I have yet to take any proper photos but will certainly do some pics when the weather is better here. One thing I like about the LEDs are the color temp (6000k) and it seems very similar to the DRLs and would like to replicate the same for the fogs. Since I live in the city (Toronto) and do virtually no driving on streets with lights on I don't know if I can justify with HIDs and the risk of frying my wiring. I read somewhere that the '13s did come with H11 and that the 55w bulbs is a non issue... does your manual state H16 19W bulbs?

Quick Reply: My 2013 ES 350 current mods and future projects