ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Buying a ES 350 in two weeks. What should I be paying for one?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-16, 06:14 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacopaco
Does this mean they have the cheesy fake leather? In my next car, I don't want the Nav system but I want leather.
Yes. If you don't want nav you have to accept NuLuxe. The non nav car is the absolute base model.
Old 06-21-16, 06:33 PM
bostonsnow
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by prosgal73
What does everyone think of this offer? I'll trying to see if I should start putting feelers out now or wait til the end of month for a better deal? Or is that a myth, but I've usually waited. My only concern is there's only a couple cars in my area with the specs I want to I wouldn't want to wait and then those options are gone, any thoughts? Appreciate the help everyone. You guys are great!
Looks ok - from other posts, people are getting at least 10% off MSRP which this is . With harder negotiating, up to around 15% off.

Reason to buy now? - the $3000 cash incentive, which Lexus says ends June 30th. Will it be extended through July? who knows.
Also, inventory of 2016s is still pretty good now but getting to August, will start dwindling with 2017s coming.

I'm still undecided between an ES300h (new) vs RX450h (Pre-owned certified in this case to get price down).....wish I could decide!!! If I was fully decided, I would go ahead and buy ASAP.....still debating....darn....
Old 06-22-16, 09:31 AM
twoweeled
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder what MasterQeef ended up doing. It doesn't seem like he received a lot of help here, with all the opinions of what he should and shouldn't do. Definitions for value and opinions of value price ratios, along with how to bargain ideas. I'm pretty sure MasterQeef was looking for number and options from people who have purchased within the last year. What options did you get? How much did you pay? T&L incl (OTD)? Plain and simple.
How much and what options??? That's what he wanted
Old 06-22-16, 09:43 AM
twoweeled
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Leasing is no different than buying. You just need to understand what goes into the calculation. The residual value and money factor is set by Lexus Financial, so those are known values that your dealer should not be inflating. So just if you bought the car, leasing is the same. Negotiate the lowest possible selling price you can and the payment works itself out.

If you are "buying" new cars every 2-3 years, you're doing it wrong. If you intend to hold onto the car for 6-10 years, then yes, buying would be a better option.

Remember with leasing....you want to give them NOTHING. Make sure they are showing prices with $0 down.
FYI I know a little less than NOTHING about leasing. You state "residual value and money factor is set by Lexus Financial, so those are known values that your dealer should not be inflating". Does that mean, the dealer can inflate, but shouldn't? How do we know/find the Lexus Financial numbers that should be? I believe I've heard the numbers are in part derived/correlate from your credit score? I thought the dealer could play with the numbers, but I don't know.
Old 06-22-16, 10:02 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 658 Likes on 492 Posts

Originally Posted by twoweeled
I wonder what MasterQeef ended up doing. It doesn't seem like he received a lot of help here, with all the opinions of what he should and shouldn't do....
If you check his profile, you'll see that he hasn't logged back in since his original post. It's hard to help someone who doesn't return to interact.

Last edited by Mike728; 06-22-16 at 11:14 AM.
Old 06-22-16, 10:27 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 211 Likes on 145 Posts

Edmunds.com forums have folks on there that will list the documented current money factors and residuals, based on mileage and months term. Just pick the model forum you want and give them the factors that you need, based on your location.

I believe the numbers they will post will be based on tier 1 credit.

This way, you'll know what the money factor and residual should be, and will be able to call the dealer on it, if they try to say otherwise.

Click here

Last edited by jtrue28; 06-22-16 at 10:33 AM.
Old 06-22-16, 10:50 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

Originally Posted by twoweeled
I wonder what MasterQeef ended up doing. It doesn't seem like he received a lot of help here, with all the opinions of what he should and shouldn't do. Definitions for value and opinions of value price ratios, along with how to bargain ideas. I'm pretty sure MasterQeef was looking for number and options from people who have purchased within the last year. What options did you get? How much did you pay? T&L incl (OTD)? Plain and simple.
How much and what options??? That's what he wanted
The issue is the price other people pay is more or less meaningless. Area of the country, time of year, model selected, all of that has a huge impact on what sort of price is possible and what sort of price isn't. Its all relative.

In short, what he received here in terms of techniques for negotiating and knowledge is what would actually help him. Someone saying "I paid X" doesn't really tell him anything.