ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

2013 ES350 Rear Wheel Bearing

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-16, 12:38 PM
Bluewheelz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 ES350 Rear Wheel Bearing

I'm getting a little rumble in my Lt Rear wheel bearing with just over 50k miles. I'm looking online at parts and the part number for the hub/bearing assy is 4246033030. It's showing up as a Toyota part as well.

Does anyone know if the same part matches a Camry or Avalon? The Toyota version of the part is about half of the price. Alternatively, can anyone point me to a good place to get a decent price on this part? It's about $420 on most sites with a list price over $500.
Old 04-20-16, 01:40 PM
jollick
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluewheelz
I'm getting a little rumble in my Lt Rear wheel bearing with just over 50k miles. I'm looking online at parts and the part number for the hub/bearing assy is 4246033030. It's showing up as a Toyota part as well.

Does anyone know if the same part matches a Camry or Avalon? The Toyota version of the part is about half of the price. Alternatively, can anyone point me to a good place to get a decent price on this part? It's about $420 on most sites with a list price over $500.
Isn't your car still under warranty? If not, be nice and ask if they will cover it as you are just over the miles.

The Powertrain Warranty is for 72 months or 70,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Except for the situations listed on the Basic Warranty page, this warranty covers repairs needed to fix defects in materials or workmanship of any component listed below:
Engine: Cylinder block and head and all internal parts, timing belt and cover, flywheel, oil pan, water pump, fuel pump, engine mounts, engine control computer, seals and gaskets
Transmission and Transaxle: Case and all internal parts, torque converter, clutch cover, mounts, engine control computer, seals and gaskets
Front-Wheel-Drive System: Driveshaft, axle, hub, bearings, seals and gaskets
Old 04-21-16, 06:31 AM
Bluewheelz
Driver School Candidate

Good idea to check with the dealer for warranty coverage. I haven't had any other issues with the car other than this.
Old 04-21-16, 07:52 AM
jollick
Racer

Good idea to check with the dealer for warranty coverage. I haven't had any other issues with the car other than this.
Let us know what happens. These are very reliable cars.
Old 04-25-16, 05:01 PM
Bluewheelz
Driver School Candidate

Talked to the dealer today with no luck. The bearing is part of the 50k mile warranty.

I ordered the part online and will be installing it myself. It's a hub/bearing assembly, so I shouldn't need a press.
Old 04-25-16, 05:57 PM
jollick
Racer

Talked to the dealer today with no luck. The bearing is part of the 50k mile warranty.

I ordered the part online and will be installing it myself. It's a hub/bearing assembly, so I shouldn't need a press.
Post photos of the work you do if you can.
Old 06-06-16, 06:10 PM
Bluewheelz
Driver School Candidate

Learned a few things I would like to share. First off, I ordered both rear bearings. First one is an OEM Lexus part, $450 online. Second hub/bearing assembly I ordered is a Toyota part with the same sensor/connector. Measured both with calipers and guess what....same part. I'm attaching photos of both parts (Lexus and Toyota) Toyota part was $160. I went ahead and replaced both rear hubs for good measure.

During removal of the first one, I had some trouble removing the wheel sensor wire. In the process, I ripped the wires out - New cable needed . Purchased the cable for $40 and took my time removing the other side. PIA is, you have to remove the rear seat to get to the other end of the wire...

I drove the car for about a week without the wire connected. The following lights illuminate on the dash:
ABS, Traction Control, Brake and BSM doesn't operate. Crazy that all of those are tied to the wheel sensor.

I replaced the wire today, took about 20 minutes including removing the wheel and back seat (bottom snaps in, back requires removal of 4 bolts and lift up and out).
Attached Thumbnails 2013 ES350 Rear Wheel Bearing-img_8921.jpg  
Old 06-07-16, 05:10 AM
Nelexus88
Intermediate

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Thanks for posting the bearing replacement details. Could be very useful to other owners.

So you now have a Toyota bearing on one side and a Lexus bearing on the other? Should make a good test to determine if they are of equal quality
Old 06-07-16, 06:12 AM
Bluewheelz
Driver School Candidate

Yea, one of each. I will have the car for a while, so we will see if one lasts longer than the other!