ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

How to turn on entry lights!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-16 | 10:09 PM
arlinek
Driver School Candidate

Default How to turn on entry lights!

Recently had small body work done on our 2013 ES-350. Apparently (I'm assuming), they disabled the battery at some point and then activated it as almost all of my hard-learned and requested settings were gone!!! What a bother. DUH. So, just realized that our interior overhead lights do not come on automatically in the car as we enter it at night. I skimmed the 1000 pages here and there and can't seem to figure out how to activate them. Can someone help me here?

Also, have always noticed that when we want the heater to come on, it seems like it takes at least 5 min. or so before warm air is felt. in our old Jeep, takes 30 seconds! Usually activate it by raising the temp up with the up/down arrows. Seems like if I turn on the window defroster setting, warm air comes out rather quickly from there but not when we want warm air from the dash vents. Any suggestions?

Also, as an OMG - when trying to find the above info, came across the instructions that there is a trunk button that I can use to open it up. Have always had to go thru the trouble of pulling out my key fob, not realizing this - geesh, only took two years to find this out!!

Now I'm wondering if there are other features that were turned off that we're not aware of. In fact, does it make sense that all the settings should have been disengaged like that for a door repair - is it possible they didn't remove the battery but something else occurred to have lost all the settings?

Thanks so much.

Last edited by arlinek; 04-23-16 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Add'l question
Old 04-24-16 | 04:21 AM
SLH
Driver

They almost certainly disconnected the battery. Most repair procedures start with "disconnect the battery" as Step 1. Disconnecting the battery also returns many settings to default.

All your answers are in the manuals. Searching a paper manual is tedious, at best. It is much easier to search a pdf than paper. You can get pdf files of the owners manuals here:
https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...S350&year=2013
Old 04-24-16 | 05:57 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

There are numerous features available on your Lexus. As SLH posted, they're in the manual either on paper or online. The entrance lights are controlled by the switches in the overhead panel within the driver's reach. You can activate the lights inside and also outside as you approach the car with the smartkey. Regarding the heater, you will only start to get heat when the engine warms to temperature. Not immediately when it is cold outside. There is a delay. Heat is produced by hot water in your radiator. Look up "personalized settings" in your manual and you'll see what features can be changed to your preferences. FYI - there is a keyhole in the trunk lid in case your key fob battery goes south that will enable you to open the trunk with your actual key.