ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Typical discount off MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-16, 07:35 PM
buggs384
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my local dealer(chicago) accepted my offer of just at 10% off MSRp and then they deducted the 3k performance cash ...all in all I'm happy with the deal. I throw this out there for some other buyer to maybe push my 10% up tom maybe 12-15% and see what happens.
Old 05-20-16, 08:35 PM
Talinder
Driver School Candidate

Hey buggs mind telling me which dealership you used? I'm looking in the same area. Feel free to PM. I'm glad to hear you were able to get 10% off pre-incentive. That's the kind of deal I'm looking for. Also, what did you get?!?!?
Old 05-21-16, 04:50 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 661 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by buggs384
my local dealer(chicago) accepted my offer of just at 10% off MSRp and then they deducted the 3k performance cash ...all in all I'm happy with the deal. I throw this out there for some other buyer to maybe push my 10% up tom maybe 12-15% and see what happens.
Is this a purchase, or a lease? What is the MSRP of the vehicle, and did that include any dealer add-on stuff?

Sounds like it could be the best deal I've heard of in the Chicago area. Congrats!
Old 05-21-16, 08:19 AM
buggs384
Driver

Originally Posted by Talinder
Hey buggs mind telling me which dealership you used? I'm looking in the same area. Feel free to PM. I'm glad to hear you were able to get 10% off pre-incentive. That's the kind of deal I'm looking for. Also, what did you get?!?!?
Sure it was Highland park lexus.... I tried the Internet. Thing - - emailed and asked for his best, he came in at about 8.28% right off the bat. Took a ride to the dealer and i was able to eeek out the remaining 1.75% in person. It trulu was the easiest buying experience I have had in a looooong time.

I picked up a 16--ES UL...... With the incentive i decided to take the most speced out car.
Old 05-21-16, 08:22 AM
buggs384
Driver

Originally Posted by Mike728
Is this a purchase, or a lease? What is the MSRP of the vehicle, and did that include any dealer add-on stuff?

Sounds like it could be the best deal I've heard of in the Chicago area. Congrats!
It wasn a purchase. I had the dealer shoot me the same deal on a base and the UL, wound up taking the UL.

Msrp was 49600. For theUL and lesser optioned car was 42025, again they gave me 10% off of either one.

Last edited by buggs384; 05-21-16 at 08:26 AM.
Old 05-21-16, 12:38 PM
Talinder
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by buggs384
Sure it was Highland park lexus.... I tried the Internet. Thing - - emailed and asked for his best, he came in at about 8.28% right off the bat. Took a ride to the dealer and i was able to eeek out the remaining 1.75% in person. It trulu was the easiest buying experience I have had in a looooong time.

I picked up a 16--ES UL...... With the incentive i decided to take the most speced out car.
Very nice! What color did you go with?
Old 05-24-16, 08:08 AM
wolzy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just leased a 2016 ES 350 (premium) in the DC area. MSRP was $43.8K , negotiated it down to $38K which included a $1K rebate (so about 13% off). Think i got an average deal cos they still tacked on $750 for delivery and processing and then shafted in a MF of 0.0016. Payment was in the range i wanted so i was pleased.
Old 05-28-16, 02:19 PM
Talinder
Driver School Candidate

Today I just picked up my Atomic Silver/Flaxen for 15.6% off MSRP. This doesn't include tax and fees. Not quite as good as buggs384, but s/he was my inspiration.

As I was going over my car there was a Nebula nearby that looked amazing. I think I'm regretting my color choice, but I didn't want to see if another car was available and then wait for it to be prepped. I've quite had enough of car shopping this month.
Old 05-28-16, 03:28 PM
pizzafan
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got 12.1% off MSRP, not including the 3k rebate.
Doc fee was about $500.

Couple other dealers beat the price by a few hundred, but they were further away in distance
Old 05-28-16, 03:51 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 212 Likes on 146 Posts

Here's my deal, that I got today. I'm leasing.

MSRP: $45,755.00
Discount: 4,374.00
Rebate: 2,300.00

If you add the discount and rebate, that's 14.5% off MSRP.

I had equity in my GX, so by the time all the equity and fees were added/subtracted,

Net Cap Cost was: $38,218.31

27 month lease, 10K miles/yr.
6% sales tax added to each payment
$0 down. Walked out paying them absolutely nothing.

$444/month. I'm happy with that. Replaced a $750/month lease on that GX.

Nebula Gray with black interior. Navigation, power trunk, lane departure, dynamic cruise, safety connect+ w/ remote start
Old 05-28-16, 04:05 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,962 Posts

Today I just picked up my Atomic Silver/Flaxen for 15.6% off MSRP. This doesn't include tax and fees. Not quite as good as buggs384, but s/he was my inspiration.

As I was going over my car there was a Nebula nearby that looked amazing. I think I'm regretting my color choice, but I didn't want to see if another car was available and then wait for it to be prepped. I've quite had enough of car shopping this month.
The atomic silver is a great color. Looks great on the ES a too, don't regret your decision.

Had atomic silver been available on the LS when I got it I would have gotten that (it is for 2016).

Hey jtrue, what prompted the move out of the GX so soon?
Old 05-28-16, 04:23 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 212 Likes on 146 Posts

$750/month...

We're trying to be more frugal....relatively speaking. I made the mistake of getting that ginormous vehicle, that I never truly used to its capabilities. Wasted a lot of money.

Lease rates are still AWFUL on the GS, so I went with what they were willing to move for a reasonable price.

Saving 3,600/year.
Old 05-28-16, 05:05 PM
Talinder
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SW15LS
The atomic silver is a great color. Looks great on the ES a too, don't regret your decision.

Had atomic silver been available on the LS when I got it I would have gotten that (it is for 2016).
Easy to say. You've gotten to spend some time loving your Nebula.
I think Atomic looks better on vehicles with more lines. I prefer a bit more aggressive looking cars given the option.
Old 05-28-16, 05:58 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,962 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
$750/month...

We're trying to be more frugal....relatively speaking. I made the mistake of getting that ginormous vehicle, that I never truly used to its capabilities. Wasted a lot of money.

Lease rates are still AWFUL on the GS, so I went with what they were willing to move for a reasonable price.

Saving 3,600/year.
I feel ya there lol

Originally Posted by Tallinder
I think Atomic looks better on vehicles with more lines. I prefer a bit more aggressive looking cars given the option.
The atomic is special, you'll get used to it
Old 05-28-16, 09:49 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 721 Likes on 528 Posts

Having recently traded my Nebula Gray Pearl RX in, and currently owning an Atomic Silver ES, I can say both are terrific colors. We really wanted to find an NX in Nebula Gray but everything we could find had black interiors and after after the black interior in our ES we would NEVER have another car with black. I am just too **** to have a car with an interior that never looks clean.

Anyway, despite our dislike of the interior color, we really love the Atomic Silver exterior. It is probably my favorite color, even over the Nebula Gray. However, as I noted on another thread, the Nebula Gray was much easier to care for than the Atomic silver. Strongly recommend you consider the clear nose mask for the entire nose of the car. The Atomic silver just scratches easily, but has a unique tint that is really striking under certain lighting.

Anyway, I agree that the Nebula Gray looks more agressive but I would NOT be disappointed with the Atomic Silver.

Quick Reply: Typical discount off MSRP