ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Typical discount off MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-16, 12:30 AM
Talinder
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the comments on the black interior. I was originally wanting black, but ended up with Flaxen. It was raining today when I picked up my car so maybe tomorrow things will be different. I spoke to the dealer about the clear bra and should have had them add it, but I didn't ask them soon enough. A guy near me uses XPEL and is much closer than the dealer so I may use him since prices are the same. Thanks for the encouragement everyone.
Old 05-29-16, 12:42 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 716 Likes on 524 Posts

If I could get a "redo," it would absolutely be the flaxen interior. Unfortunately, my wife hates that dark brown and said absolutely not. Oh well, the depreciation hit would have been pretty stiff so she's right (just don't tell her that...)

We used XPEL on our NX. Good stuff. It seems a bit more forgiving than the stuff the dealer had installed on our ES. They all use various local contractors, so their contractor may install XPEL anyway. Cost of the XPEL was a good bit more than the dealer wanted. Ended up $1700 for the entire nose, mirrors, door cups and door edges. The hood on ES is longer and takes a larger sheet of material (the 48" material is about an inch too short) so the price for an ES would be slightly higher than an NX.
Old 05-30-16, 07:05 PM
raky
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, I helped my father-in-law buy a 2016 White on Flaxen ES350 today. Thanks to this thread I was able to get an idea of pricing. First dealer we went to was Sterling McCall. Long story short, felt disrespected due to a bait and switch so left. Went to Westside Lexus and saved a couple grand more. Our deal:

MSRP: Approx $45,800 (safety package, luxury package, navigation, power trunk, and rear sunshade)
Out the Door Price (including 6.25% tax, tint, and all weather mats) was $40,900

Essentially $38,500 without the tax but including tint and all weather mats or 16% off.

They also gave us free maintenance services thru 25,000 miles with no expiration on time limit.
Old 05-30-16, 07:07 PM
prosgal73
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice congratsdid you finance with the dealer? If so what are those rates right now thx!

Originally Posted by raky
Hey guys, I helped my father-in-law buy a 2016 White on Flaxen ES350 today. Thanks to this thread I was able to get an idea of pricing. First dealer we went to was Sterling McCall. Long story short, felt disrespected due to a bait and switch so left. Went to Westside Lexus and saved a couple grand more. Our deal:

MSRP: Approx $45,800 (safety package, luxury package, navigation, power trunk, and rear sunshade)
Out the Door Price (including 6.25% tax, tint, and all weather mats) was $40,900

Essentially $38,500 without the tax but including tint and all weather mats or 16% off.

They also gave us free maintenance services thru 25,000 miles with no expiration on time limit.
Old 05-30-16, 07:12 PM
raky
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by prosgal73
Nice congratsdid you finance with the dealer? If so what are those rates right now thx!
We didn't use financing.
Old 05-30-16, 09:05 PM
Talinder
Driver School Candidate

I hate to suggest you buy in a rush, but there is a $3000 incentive on the ES that ends tomorrow. Tomorrow is also the last day of the month and salesmen are typically very eager to make a deal. I would email every dealer near you and tell them you want to buy today and see what price they're offering. You should be able to get a minimum of 10% off MSRP and probably up to 16% if things go well. Keep in mind you would have to buy a car that is currently on the lot since you have to take ownership by the 31st, but tomorrow would be a great day to buy an ES.
Old 05-30-16, 09:20 PM
prosgal73
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for that tip but not ready to pull the trigger quite yet so unfortunately I'll miss out on savings. It's a purchase so just need to make sure this is the car for me. Thanks for that push tho definitely need one but swaying between the IS and ES but just can't get past the front grille on the IS but the ES seems a bit big too me.... Decisions decisions
Originally Posted by Talinder
I hate to suggest you buy in a rush, but there is a $3000 incentive on the ES that ends tomorrow. Tomorrow is also the last day of the month and salesmen are typically very eager to make a deal. I would email every dealer near you and tell them you want to buy today and see what price they're offering. You should be able to get a minimum of 10% off MSRP and probably up to 16% if things go well. Keep in mind you would have to buy a car that is currently on the lot since you have to take ownership by the 31st, but tomorrow would be a great day to buy an ES.
Old 05-31-16, 04:57 AM
Talinder
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for that tip but not ready to pull the trigger quite yet so unfortunately I'll miss out on savings. It's a purchase so just need to make sure this is the car for me. Thanks for that push tho definitely need one but swaying between the IS and ES but just can't get past the front grille on the IS but the ES seems a bit big too me.... Decisions decisions
I understand. We test drove both and while the IS is a good size for me, especially for every day, my husband was a bit more snug. We live up North so the rear wheel drive isn't our favorite way to get around in snow and ice 4-5 mos out of the year. The ES was much more comfortable to ride in which sealed the deal for me. We want this to be our long trip car. If you'll regularly have someone in the back seat I'd definitely choose the ES. I still wish it was a bit shorter but it's a lovely car. We wanted a family sedan and this will work well.
Old 05-31-16, 04:59 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

The $3,000 may just be for leasing...

I'm not completely sure about that though.
Old 05-31-16, 10:31 AM
Talinder
Driver School Candidate

The $3000 is for non-Lexus Financial purchases only. There may be something else for leasing.
Old 05-31-16, 01:25 PM
vikmishr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good price ?

I am motivated to take advantage of $3000 cash incentive today.
My dealer told me that the cars on the lot are only with luxury package installed and they can
take off about 10% off MSRP ( $40185 from $44500).

Do you guys think it is good price ?
Do Lexus have these cash incentive offer frequently, I am in no need ( or rush) but I have to
replace my car this year.

Thanks,
Vik
Old 05-31-16, 01:48 PM
Talinder
Driver School Candidate

If it is 10% off plus the $3000 I think that is a good deal. Someone upthread mentioned the possibility of a deal at the end of summer, but I don't know what it typically is. Otherwise you can wait until November when they're more desperate to get current years off the lot. I was given a quick yes to my request of $6000 off no questions asked last Nov.
Old 05-31-16, 01:52 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

10% plus $3,000 is what my deal was on Saturday. I think it's a great deal. My deal was actually for $2,300, but later realized they subtracted the $700 acquisition fee from the $3,000, for my lease.

They'll have incentives again in August, then again in November/December. The incentives toward the end of the year are typically the "best" deals of the year. YMMV.
Old 05-31-16, 02:11 PM
vikmishr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for reply guys, Yes, it is 10% of MSRP plus $3000 if I manage my own financing.
I can potentially wait till Nov if I can get great deal like "Talinder" mentioned.

I will give it a try today to see how they evaluate and trade in "Honda Accord V6 01" and then make a decision.
Old 05-31-16, 02:52 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,953 Posts

10% off plus the $3k is a good deal.

Quick Reply: Typical discount off MSRP