Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

How do you know which one you have?

(2013 ES 350 with Nav)
Old 12-14-16, 03:41 PM
PapaLeo
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

If your steering wheel has wooden inserts than your have a leather on the seat. If your steering wheel is pure leather, no wood inserts, then your seats are Nuluxe.
The following users liked this post:
yakdude01 (11-30-20)
Old 12-14-16, 03:42 PM
Maljunulo
Rookie

Originally Posted by PapaLeo
If your steering wheel has wooden inserts than your have a leather on the seat. If your steering wheel is pure leather, no wood inserts, then your seats are Nuluxe.
Thank you, I have leather.
Old 12-14-16, 04:50 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,018 Likes on 696 Posts

I not sure that that is correct. The wood (and leather) steering wheel or heated wood and leather steering wheel were, I think, separate options available with either leather or Nuluxe seats. It may well be the case that most ES with leather seats had the wood steering wheel option and that most with the Nuluxe had the all leather steering wheel, but those combinations were not necessarily true for 100% of ES vehicles.

Originally Posted by Maljunulo
Thank you, I have leather.
But, if you have a 2013 or 2014 ES, there is a very easy way to tell if you have leather or Nuluxe seats. The standard leather and semi-aniline leather seats would be perforated, but the Nuluxe seats were not perforated. Also, heated seats, for those 2 years, were only available with the leather or semi-aniline leather seats
Old 12-14-16, 05:01 PM
Maljunulo
Rookie

Originally Posted by lesz
I not sure that that is correct. The wood (and leather) steering wheel or heated wood and leather steering wheel were, I think, separate options available with either leather or Nuluxe seats. It may well be the case that most ES with leather seats had the wood steering wheel option and that most with the Nuluxe had the all leather steering wheel, but those combinations were not necessarily true for 100% of ES vehicles.

But, if you have a 2013 or 2014 ES, there is a very easy way to tell if you have leather or Nuluxe seats. The standard leather and semi-aniline leather seats would be perforated, but the Nuluxe seats were not perforated. Also, heated seats, for those 2 years, were only available with the leather or semi-aniline leather seats
Mine are perforated, heated and cooled, so I guess I still have leather.

Thanks again.
Old 12-14-16, 05:21 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 231 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz

Wood and leather steering wheel was an individual option, therefore you can get the wood and leather steering wheel on an ES with Nuluxe.
For info sake, perforated seats with ventilation and heating was available as an individual option for 2015MY, therefore you can get perforated seats on an ES with Nuluxe.

If your car was not equipped with the Luxury or Ultra Luxury package, you have Nuluxe (and most likely have the Premium package). It's difficult to determine the difference between Premium and Luxury package cars by looks, but the Ultra Luxury is easily determined by driver's seat extender, ambient lighting, passenger seat memory, and panoramic glass roof.

Last edited by dchar; 12-14-16 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-14-16, 05:30 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,018 Likes on 696 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
For info sake, perforated seats with ventilation and heating was available as an individual option for 2015MY, therefore you can get perforated seats on an ES with Nuluxe.
But, per my previous post, that was not the case for the 2013 or 2014 ES. In those two years, Nuluxe seats were not perforated, and the heated and ventilated seats were not available with Nuluxe. Since Maljunulo has a 2013 ES, that is what is relevant to him.
Old 12-15-16, 07:34 PM
PAcommuter
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a very good experience with another artificial leather from MB (called MB-Tex) and I can report that in 5 years that I owned the car, MB-Tex held up perfectly, no cracks, no marks, nothing and it was very easy to clean.
I have a 17 year old ML320 with MB Tex. The seats are just fine, I have some creases, but no tears or cracks.