ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

MSRP Discounts....am I crazy?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-16, 05:00 PM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bostonsnow
ok - I finally did it - took advantage of the tail end of the 2016s (not that much inventory around of ES300h) and the labor day promotions

Just bought an ES300h, right at the end of the 2016s, and during the labor day sale.

Nebula Gray Pearl, Black interior with Lux Package leather; and spoiler
Lexus Safety system plus
BSM with RCTA
Power Rear Sunshade
Nav
One Touch Power Trunk
Intuitive Parking Assist
Rain Sensing Wipers, Heated steering.

As per other posts, I debated between Silver lining metallic vs nebula gray - but found the current silver lining metallic to be quite a bland and boring silver. So went with nebula. Also waxed and waned between the Prem package seats vs Lux, but liked the white stitching on black leather look with Lux so went with that.
MSRP: $48,634
Dealer offered sale price (offered via email beforehand with back and forth emails between me and a handful of dealers by email ) $43,471 before tax and lic.
used the Lexus cash of $3500: final price before tax and Lic: $39,971.
That is an approx 18% discount from MSRP
Dealer connected me for loan via Well Fargo for 1.9% for 60 months - thats fine for now - might consider refinance to a credit union for 36 months perhaps.
Dealer had to get the car from another dealer, and was very up front with the offer and gave a good trade in price, so I didn't try to push further. So IMO, others bidding on cars this weekend, particularly where the dealer has a car in stock, possibly could do even better than this. I was in and out within 2 hours and pleased with that, didn't feel the need to try to squeeze any more out of the deal. Very happy overall!
Couple other dealers are still calling me today, so some of the ES300h that I liked are still around - so I'm sure there is good labor day shopping out there for people still looking.
See the sticky Pic thread if you want to see pics! now time for me to do a few hours of driving on labor day!
Post pics !!
Old 09-06-16, 05:26 PM
bostonsnow
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

pics are here , post #345 at the bottom:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...ht-now-23.html

Originally Posted by imrankh24
Post pics !!
Old 09-06-16, 05:34 PM
UKEE
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

pics are here , post #345 at the bottom:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...ht-now-23.html
You can click on the #345 (the number) and it will generate a link that will take you to your post (just a FYI)!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...ml#post9608625

Still can't get over how much I like your wheels. Thinking of how much it would cost to get a set and how much I could recoup by selling mine, lol!
Old 09-06-16, 08:03 PM
bostonsnow
Advanced

ah thanks for the tip on links.

I saw that one dealer had an ES300h for sale with chrome wheels on it. That means, they must have taken off the OEM wheels and done something with them.... try looking around to see if any dealers have done this or might be willing to sell you a set?
but you have to settle for the fact that it only comes in 17 inch....

Originally Posted by UKEE
You can click on the #345 (the number) and it will generate a link that will take you to your post (just a FYI)!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...ml#post9608625

Still can't get over how much I like your wheels. Thinking of how much it would cost to get a set and how much I could recoup by selling mine, lol!
Old 09-07-16, 06:35 PM
bostonsnow
Advanced

when one refinances a loan like this, is the new loan considered still a "new car loan" or is the Unify credit union rate actually a used car rate?
wonder how that works.
Now I'm actually wondering if I should have leased instead of financing - but I assume there is no way to "refinance" a loan into a lease once you have taken possession?

Originally Posted by UKEE
Not that I know of. My trade covered nearly that much anyway but there was no mention of 20% down. Unify had no issues but was quite a bit of paperwork back and forth to get the loan completed.

Didn't get pre-qualified with Unify because I didn't know about them until after I had bought the car. Was thinking of using Penfed but dealer and BofA matched Penfed's rate and didn't have to wait. Found Unify (Western) via a Google search a few days later and then it was mentioned by someone else on here. I put in an application and was approved quickly but took over a week (maybe near two) to get all of the paperwork complete. Hell, it was almost as much paperwork as my mortgage, lol!
Old 09-07-16, 06:39 PM
UKEE
Driver

when one refinances a loan like this, is the new loan considered still a "new car loan" or is the Unify credit union rate actually a used car rate?
wonder how that works.
Now I'm actually wondering if I should have leased instead of financing - but I assume there is no way to "refinance" a loan into a lease once you have taken possession?
Can't change to a lease after financing a car that I know of. As for most refinancing of cars like this, it's refinance a new car (nothing used). Usually three options: New car loan, used car loan and refinance a new car. Most places have a requirement that the car be no more than one model year from the current and have a limited number of miles (example: no more than 5,000). In my example, you could refinance it as a new car if it were either a 2016 or 2017 and has less than 5,000 miles on it.
Old 09-09-16, 09:53 AM
Brent1944
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I refinanced mine cause i got a lower interest rate..Its only called "refinance" on paper... as I got a new car rate.
Old 09-09-16, 10:11 AM
bostonsnow
Advanced

FYI for anyone still looking to buy soon -

I found out from dealers still calling me up that Lexus extended the $3500 customer cash, for another week beyond labor day for now.

Originally Posted by imrankh24
Post pics !!
Old 09-09-16, 10:49 AM
Arty101
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Cool. Dealers must be trying to clear out the 2016 for the 2017s.
Old 09-09-16, 10:17 PM
AK78
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought an ES 300H tonight.
luxury package and Nav, only a few miles on it
msrp $48,700
cost $38,300
doc Dee $200
out the door $38,500, 21% off
this included the $3500 rebate
I got prices from 8 dealers within 300 miles all through email and then worked down on the price from there.
it took work and patience but eventually some become aggressive to move the 2016's. I recommend agreeing on a price before going to the dealership.
The following users liked this post:
PhillyPhan (07-08-17)
Old 09-10-16, 04:21 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 719 Likes on 526 Posts

Congrats AK78! You got a terrific deal. I am astounded at the deals I am hearing about. It must be nice to live in such a large metropolitan area where there are multiple dealers, hence competition. The next nearest dealer to me is about 450 miles away. I suppose I need to pay close attention to the timing and work with other dealers internet sales people on my next purchase. I can't see my local dealer offering deals anywhere close to the one you just received - certainly never have for me. Thanks for the bargaining tips.

Anyway, these are very nice cars and you will really enjoy your 300h. Mine will get a bath this morning.
Old 09-10-16, 05:25 AM
UKEE
Driver

Originally Posted by AK78
msrp $48,700
cost $38,300
doc Dee $200
I got prices from 8 dealers within 300 miles all through email and then worked down on the price from there.
it took work and patience but eventually some become aggressive to move the 2016's. I recommend agreeing on a price before going to the dealership.
Sounds like one of the better deals lately. Congrats!!! You patience and work paid off!!!

Now it's time for PICS!!!
Old 09-10-16, 08:37 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

msrp $48,700
cost $38,300
doc Dee $200
Super deal! Congrats and welcome to the forum!

+1 on being patient and not going to the dealer until the deal is sealed - I think we were at the dealer less than an hour when we picked ours up.
Old 09-10-16, 01:11 PM
bostonsnow
Advanced

Well done!! Congrats! Sounds like you got a very similar car as I did (see post a few posts up) and used similar strategy, but did even better than I did price wise.
I fully agree that in a large metropolitan area , where you have multiple dealers who you can go through , that helps with negotiation. They know that you are comparing prices from one place to another, so it is a big advantage to be able to negotiate and settle on the price ahead of time. A couple of dealers I called/emailed would not give me a firm offer and simply said "come on in and we will make a deal". I just scratched them off my list. There was no need to go in to multiple places. This is one lucky advantage to being in an area with multiple dealers.

What exterior/interior color combination did you get?

msrp $48,700
cost $38,300
doc Dee $200
Old 09-10-16, 01:13 PM
bostonsnow
Advanced

I agree with this strategy too.
with the price already negotiated - i was in and out of the dealership in 2 hours, and that included some time needed to negotiate trade in (I hadn't negotiated that price before hand) and processing the loan.

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
Super deal! Congrats and welcome to the forum!

+1 on being patient and not going to the dealer until the deal is sealed - I think we were at the dealer less than an hour when we picked ours up.

Quick Reply: MSRP Discounts....am I crazy?