Homelink and Doorking MicroPLUS not compatable

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-16, 11:14 AM
5Ws
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homelink and Doorking MicroPLUS not compatable

Hey all,
Wanted to share an experience with trying to get my 2016 ES 350 Homelink to work with a Doorking gate opener at my apartment.

The Doorking FOB used at my apartment complex is a MicroPLUS which is not compatible with the homelink system. Despite Homelink learning the code and blinking green (rolling code, took 3-4 tries), it will not open the gate. Apparently there is a "sync" code that also changes, intentionally created to ensure only the issued FOB will work, and Homelink or other like devises, will not. There is not a "learn" or "smart" button to press on the receiver.

There is a Doorking FOB called MircoCLIK. This is Homelink compatible. After searching the forums, I found the MircoPLUS vs MicroCLIK bit was missing in other posts.

Just thought I'd share.

Richard
Old 09-05-16, 08:55 PM
bostonsnow
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

so that means its the remote control FOB thats not compatible, not the actual gate controller?

I'm not able to get my lexus to learn my garage door opener code, and can't get it to work on my wifes acura either. Probably the same issue?

Originally Posted by 5Ws
Hey all,
Wanted to share an experience with trying to get my 2016 ES 350 Homelink to work with a Doorking gate opener at my apartment.

The Doorking FOB used at my apartment complex is a MicroPLUS which is not compatible with the homelink system. Despite Homelink learning the code and blinking green (rolling code, took 3-4 tries), it will not open the gate. Apparently there is a "sync" code that also changes, intentionally created to ensure only the issued FOB will work, and Homelink or other like devises, will not. There is not a "learn" or "smart" button to press on the receiver.

There is a Doorking FOB called MircoCLIK. This is Homelink compatible. After searching the forums, I found the MircoPLUS vs MicroCLIK bit was missing in other posts.

Just thought I'd share.

Richard
Old 09-06-16, 07:00 PM
5Ws
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my Lexus learn the rolling code on a Sear's door opener. It was exactly as the instructions indicated in the manual. No "several tries" or nothing. My mom has the same car as I do (my inspiration for buying). Exact same deal. Was too easy.

However, the DoorKing MicroPLUS uses "proprietary" communication, not shared with Homelink or the like, with hopes that our cars will NOT pick up and learn the signal. However, I did, after many tries (Lexus tech guy said it wouldn't learn it), get my Lexus to learn the rolling code from the MicroPLUS.

Doesn't do any good though, because the MicroPLUS gate receiver doesn't have a "learn" button. A special TR # is transmitted to the gate receiver via Internet. Total waste of time/effort trying to get the Homelink to learn the FOB. Oh well. I did learn a lot about gate management for apartment complexes. Heh.

Richard