ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Trunk chrome trim

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-16, 02:04 PM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Well I was finally successful in removing the chrome bar and began dipping here are some in progress pics, I will post more in a new thread you can check out
Attached Thumbnails Trunk chrome trim-photo956.jpg   Trunk chrome trim-photo799.jpg  
Old 10-17-16, 04:15 PM
Ratchey
Intermediate

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by imrankh24
Hey man how did the wrap come out? And one question how did you remove the outside tail lights?
Well I was finally successful in removing the chrome bar and began dipping here are some in progress pics, I will post more in a new thread you can check out
Looks good. To remove the tail lights, there is a plastic panel on each side of the trunk behind the light. Remove the panel. twist out the upper light bulb and then disconnect the small white harness.
You can reach one 10mm nut with a socket, the other 2 will need a 10mm wrench to access, Why they couldn't make the panel big enough to access all 3 with a ratchet is beyond me.

Wrap came out good. Still need to do some minor things on it when I get back to Vegas. Only had about 30 seconds of sun today so grabbed a few pics before the rain started.
Attached Thumbnails Trunk chrome trim-wrap.jpg   Trunk chrome trim-wrap1.jpg   Trunk chrome trim-wrap2.jpg   Trunk chrome trim-wrap3.jpg   Trunk chrome trim-wrap4.jpg  

Old 10-17-16, 04:49 PM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ratchey
Looks good. To remove the tail lights, there is a plastic panel on each side of the trunk behind the light. Remove the panel. twist out the upper light bulb and then disconnect the small white harness.
You can reach one 10mm nut with a socket, the other 2 will need a 10mm wrench to access, Why they couldn't make the panel big enough to access all 3 with a ratchet is beyond me.

Wrap came out good. Still need to do some minor things on it when I get back to Vegas. Only had about 30 seconds of sun today so grabbed a few pics before the rain started.
Mann your wrap looks so sexy💦💦! Did you dip the trim pieces or also wrap? Man I must say Lexus did a excellent job on our 16s looks like a completely different car from the 13-15. And thanks cause I am putting red overlays on my turn signals. I photoshopped a picture of my car to how I want my back to look I already did the chrome trim. So now only left is the overlays whhich the wrap should be arriving by next week. Here is the photoshop pic and my car currently
Attached Thumbnails Trunk chrome trim-photo872.jpg   Trunk chrome trim-photo277.jpg  

Last edited by imrankh24; 10-17-16 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-17-16, 05:12 PM
Ratchey
Intermediate

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts

Did you dip the trim pieces or also wrap?
We wrapped them. It was an extremely time consuming process. The rear chrome piece took about 90 minutes.
2 hours to do the rear wing. I need to redo the logo. Some chrome is showing through. It is all wrapped in a matte metallic gray that matches the magnetic gray Toyota uses. We wrapped the mirrors in the same color with a matte black facing the inside.
Attached Thumbnails Trunk chrome trim-wrap5.jpg  
Old 10-17-16, 05:57 PM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ratchey
We wrapped them. It was an extremely time consuming process. The rear chrome piece took about 90 minutes.
2 hours to do the rear wing. I need to redo the logo. Some chrome is showing through. It is all wrapped in a matte metallic gray that matches the magnetic gray Toyota uses. We wrapped the mirrors in the same color with a matte black facing the inside.
Okay so I'm perfectly fine with my dip not gonna even attempt wrap on the piece overall you car is a one of kind sexy beast