ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Sirius XM Prices

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-16, 11:00 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Brent1944
Not worth the hassle of always calling to get another deal.. if they wanted folks to keep it.. they would offer the 'for life" plan...or make it one price and leave it alone. Even the All access according to their siget is $20.00 a month then said it will renew at the current rate....
It's really not that big of a deal - just call, tell them you'd like to cancel and they connect you with someone who is authorized to offer a cut rate deal - we go a year at a time, so it's 5 or 10 minutes on the phone and we are good for another year. We had just renewed shortly before getting our ES so they just extended our current term 3 months to account for the free trial. You just need to set a reminder to call a week or two prior to expiration so you are not renewed at the full rate.
Old 10-14-16, 11:08 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 642 Likes on 482 Posts

Who needs it? I certainly dont..I dont listen to it on the free trial.
I've always enjoyed XM. It's a great way to find new music. I've been a subscriber since just about its inception. You can drive across country and not skip a beat.My only issue has been with its compression, which is more apparent when listening on higher end equipment. That's the reason my ML equipped ES's subscription was cancelled. I still have it in my wife's car and the on-line plan, which is much less compressed and cheaper.

Since you stated you didn't listen to it during your free trial, I guess you'll never know.
Old 10-14-16, 12:16 PM
Brent1944
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You are correct..
Old 10-30-16, 09:23 AM
bostonsnow
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

thanks. this is an informative thread.

I think that the 6 month / $30 offer can be obtained at varying times

I am in month 2 of the new car 3 month free trial. At first I got a statement for the usual price $18 a month. I ignored it. Now I am getting the offer of $30 for 6 months. I will sign up for that.

On my wifes acura, we let the sirius Xm free trial expire and never signed up. Now, 2 years later, I'm getting an email saying "come back to Sirius XM"......$30 for 6 months.
Old 10-30-16, 09:48 AM
Brent1944
Lead Lap

Then after 6 monthes.. get ready for the "at that time" price..
Old 10-30-16, 09:57 AM
bostonsnow
Advanced

yup
as suggested above, I will pay by check rather than Credit card. I'll get an invoice again in 6 months at full price, then will decide

Main thing is - I want Sirius right now during Football season for the sports station channels. In 6 months from now, I can live with a lapse in coverage for a couple months if needed !

Old 10-30-16, 11:26 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Not if you call to cancel.

We get it Brent - you don't like Sirius XM. Let it go.

Some folks are ok with it and smart enough to get the best deal.
Old 10-30-16, 11:51 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bostonsnow
thanks. this is an informative thread.

I think that the 6 month / $30 offer can be obtained at varying times

I am in month 2 of the new car 3 month free trial. At first I got a statement for the usual price $18 a month. I ignored it. Now I am getting the offer of $30 for 6 months. I will sign up for that.

On my wifes acura, we let the sirius Xm free trial expire and never signed up. Now, 2 years later, I'm getting an email saying "come back to Sirius XM"......$30 for 6 months.
Another option is to get the "All Access" plan for one vehicle and listen anywhere using a laptop/computer or your phone to stream it.
Old 10-30-16, 12:28 PM
bostonsnow
Advanced

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
Another option is to get the "All Access" plan for one vehicle and listen anywhere using a laptop/computer or your phone to stream it.
My wife has no desire to listen to it, so we won't get it for the other car

I have been taking advantage of being able to listen to sports new etc on computer and even iPhone when I'm not in the car.
Old 10-30-16, 12:29 PM
bostonsnow
Advanced

this strategy is not unique to Sirius XM. Many cable companies, internet providers, DirectTV etc try everything they can to raise you up to full price after trial periods end. But there are ways to fight back if you want to.....
Old 10-30-16, 12:45 PM
Brent1944
Lead Lap

Looks like someone has an attitude problem.....and Ill let the not smart insult go.
Old 10-30-16, 02:17 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Looks like someone has an attitude problem.....and Ill let the not smart insult go.
Wasn't at all trying to insult anyone - just pointing out that you've made your point in this thread and you clearly are not a fan of the service. The observation about folks being smart enough to get themselves a deal was in no way aimed at you - sorry you interpreted it that way.
Old 10-30-16, 02:50 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bostonsnow
this strategy is not unique to Sirius XM. Many cable companies, internet providers, DirectTV etc try everything they can to raise you up to full price after trial periods end. But there are ways to fight back if you want to.....
Agree - was thinking about cutting the cord - called to cancel and got the cable bill reduced by about 40% for at least the next 2 years. There are numerous streaming options available now with a quality internet service.
Old 11-01-16, 07:47 AM
jloftus
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I got the special 6 month deal, but it renews at $20 a month, and that's not what I was paying on the previous car.

So I might just give it up after the 6 months.
Old 11-01-16, 10:18 AM
Zipit555
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jloftus
I got the special 6 month deal, but it renews at $20 a month, and that's not what I was paying on the previous car.

So I might just give it up after the 6 months.
On a 13 RX I have renewed every 6 months at the $30/6 months "Promo" price. Pain to renew every 6 months but the best deal. Every once in a while you get a rep that won't bite but just tell them you want $30 rate for 6 months and they will do it. Or hang up and call back. Just set a reminder to call the day before it expires and renew at the previous rate.

Quick Reply: Sirius XM Prices