ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Sirius XM Prices

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-16, 06:33 PM
modad
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Got in my '16 ES today and apparently my Sirius XM trial must be over..... all I had was the "trial channel". They had called me every day for a week while I was on a 2 week vacation right after buying the car the end of July, and I told them to "call me back in 2 weeks". i never got another call and was sure they would call before they shut it off. Nope! So, a little help on the best way to approach this so that I get the best deal. FYI- on my other Sirius account, I have it billed, let it go late a couple of months and just call to cancel, and then take the $99 for a year deal, which includes the months I let it lapse. (they've never cut this one off). Suggestions on the now-expired ES are welcome.

Last edited by modad; 11-01-16 at 06:34 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-11-16, 05:47 PM
bostonsnow
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
I've gotten a number of similar offers, including the 6 months for $30, 6 months for $25, and 5 months for $20. At one point, I also got an offer for a free 2 month subscription. These offers are always available, even if the money and months vary slightly from one time to the next.

Know, though, that, if you sign up for one of these, it will auto renew at the regular price when the term of the special offer expires. If, however, you call to cancel when the special pricing ends, you will be offered some variation of the special pricing again.
I'm just switching from the initial 3 month trial to the deal of 6 months for $25+ Keep in mind that this deal gets you "Sirius XM Select", which does not give you as many channels as the full "Sirius XM All Access". FOr example, some routine stations are not available in the car, and you cannot get the live feeds of every single NFL game. However, I dont want to pay the full price of $19/month, so I can live with this and will do the $25+ for 6 months of XM Select...
Old 01-12-18, 07:53 AM
Bigchief70
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bostonsnow
I'm just switching from the initial 3 month trial to the deal of 6 months for $25+ Keep in mind that this deal gets you "Sirius XM Select", which does not give you as many channels as the full "Sirius XM All Access". FOr example, some routine stations are not available in the car, and you cannot get the live feeds of every single NFL game. However, I dont want to pay the full price of $19/month, so I can live with this and will do the $25+ for 6 months of XM Select...
My trial is up in two weeks. I have an offer from Sirius for 6 months / $5 month for XM Select. I understand that I won't get NFL games, but basically all the remaining games are on radio pretty much anywhere you go - what else might I miss? You said some routine stations aren't available. Like most consumers, I only listen to a handful of stations. Their website doesn't do a great job of showing the difference between "Select" and "All Access".
Old 01-12-18, 10:49 AM
wdlugitch
Pit Crew

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I have all access for six months for $49.99 plus U.S. music royalty fee of $6.05, total of $56.94. I renew it every five months.
Old 01-13-18, 05:01 PM
bostonsnow
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigchief70
My trial is up in two weeks. I have an offer from Sirius for 6 months / $5 month for XM Select. I understand that I won't get NFL games, but basically all the remaining games are on radio pretty much anywhere you go - what else might I miss? You said some routine stations aren't available. Like most consumers, I only listen to a handful of stations. Their website doesn't do a great job of showing the difference between "Select" and "All Access".
Right - the website isn't of much help.
When you got your new car it should have come with a listing of the channels on "ALL ACCESS". when you sign up now, they may mail you the "select" channel listing. Then you can see the differences. There are not many channels actually missing from Select. One that is notably missing is the NFL channel, so if you like that NFL talk channel, you wont have it any more. You already seem aware that you will lose the individual NFL games. I think other missing channels are minor/few. One other thing is that the basic select package does not let you stream channels online. I never used to do this, so I dont miss it, but you may want to consider that factor.
I'm not sure if there is an option to get select package plus streaming for in intermediate price or not....
For me, the select package without streaming has been working out fine.