ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

What did you pay for your new 2017 ES?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-17, 06:00 AM
PhillyPhan
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The dealer I'm looking at in Dallas has 62 ES 350s in white alone on their lot and 13 of them with the specific configuration I'm looking for. I'm shocked at how many are there, but then again I don't know how big this dealership is either or how much they sell a month. Not anything like that on the lots in AZ. I'm lucky if I find 2 in white here. New offer...
MSRP = $46,383
Sale Price = $37,990
Discount = $8,393 or 18% off MSRP

$41k offer for a $49k UL, but not a fan of the panoramic roof.
Old 07-14-17, 10:32 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by PhillyPhan
The dealer I'm looking at in Dallas has 62 ES 350s in white alone on their lot and 13 of them with the specific configuration I'm looking for. I'm shocked at how many are there, but then again I don't know how big this dealership is either or how much they sell a month. Not anything like that on the lots in AZ. I'm lucky if I find 2 in white here. New offer...
MSRP = $46,383
Sale Price = $37,990
Discount = $8,393 or 18% off MSRP

$41k offer for a $49k UL, but not a fan of the panoramic roof.
If this is accurate, Edmunds is showing $6k rebate on the ES to 7/31. Also showing $4k bonus lease cash. If this is the case, you might be able to pull off $9-10k discount closer to end of month (especially at that dealer with 13 units equipped like you are looking for. These rebates are crazy - good time to buy an ES. It's also likely these incentives will carry into August. Maybe lesz has some thoughts on this.
The following users liked this post:
PhillyPhan (07-14-17)
Old 07-14-17, 10:40 AM
PhillyPhan
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
If this is accurate, Edmunds is showing $6k rebate on the ES to 7/31. Also showing $4k bonus lease cash. If this is the case, you might be able to pull off $9-10k discount closer to end of month (especially at that dealer with 13 units equipped like you are looking for. These rebates are crazy - good time to buy an ES. It's also likely these incentives will carry into August. Maybe lesz has some thoughts on this.
I would be paying cash, so the lease cash bonus wouldn't apply to me. I do agree I feel like I can get it even cheaper by the end of this month or in August with all the cars they have on their lot. Just don't want to get too greedy. I was hoping 18-20% off MSRP and that was my goal all along and they got to 18%. Could I get them down to $37k even, maybe.
Old 07-14-17, 10:46 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,013 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
I believe that the basic rebate for which anyone is eligible is the $2500 incentive. When I read the "details" of the $6000 incentive on Edmunds, my interpretation is that the $6000 includes the $2500 available to anyone and several other possible incentives that some buyers might qualify for, including the recent college grad rebate, military rebate, unadvertised holdbacks given to dealers, etc. Thus, I suspect that many could qualify for more than the $2500, but I also doubt that very many buyers could qualify for the full $6000 of combined incentives.

In any case, it is pretty clear that dealers are not doing well with selling sedans, including the ES. When I check the inventories of dealers within 200 miles of my location, I'm seeing the same cars remaining in those inventories week after week. It is the goal of Lexus dealers to have their 2017 inventories down to very small numbers by the time that the 2018s hit their lots. It appears that, to do that and to sell those cars, dealers, in addition to lowering prices because of the Lexus factory incentives, are likely to be willing to sell those cars for minimal profit.
The following users liked this post:
PhillyPhan (07-14-17)
Old 07-14-17, 10:49 AM
irishbrahm
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
I believe that the basic rebate for which anyone is eligible is the $2500 incentive. When I read the "details" of the $6000 incentive on Edmunds, my interpretation is that the $6000 includes the $2500 available to anyone and several other possible incentives that some buyers might qualify for, including the recent college grad rebate, military rebate, unadvertised holdbacks given to dealers, etc. Thus, I suspect that many could qualify for more than the $2500, but I also doubt that very many buyers could qualify for the full $6000 of combined incentives.

In any case, it is pretty clear that dealers are not doing well with selling sedans, including the ES. When I check the inventories of dealers within 200 miles of my location, I'm seeing the same cars remaining in those inventories week after week. It is the goal of Lexus dealers to have their 2017 inventories down to very small numbers by the time that the 2018s hit their lots. It appears that, to do that and to sell those cars, dealers, in addition to lowering prices because of the Lexus factory incentives, are likely to be willing to sell those cars for minimal profit.
All of this makes sense.
Old 07-14-17, 04:45 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

If you really want to get a big rebate, buy an LS. The current rebate available to all buyers for the LS is $5000, and, for those who qualify, there is a total of $7700 in rebates available.

Lexus doesn't sell many of the LS, and most dealers don't even have many of them in their inventories. When I checked the inventories of some of the dealers within 200 miles of me, the most LS that I found at any dealer was 3, and other dealers only had one LS in their inventories. But, even with the small number of LS cars in dealer inventories, I'm guessing that the dealers are having an even harder time moving them than they are having with the ES, and that is especially true because of the much higher price of the LS and with the redesigned LS scheduled to hit the dealer lots very soon.
Old 07-15-17, 07:59 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
If you really want to get a big rebate, buy an LS. The current rebate available to all buyers for the LS is $5000, and, for those who qualify, there is a total of $7700 in rebates available.

Lexus doesn't sell many of the LS, and most dealers don't even have many of them in their inventories. When I checked the inventories of some of the dealers within 200 miles of me, the most LS that I found at any dealer was 3, and other dealers only had one LS in their inventories. But, even with the small number of LS cars in dealer inventories, I'm guessing that the dealers are having an even harder time moving them than they are having with the ES, and that is especially true because of the much higher price of the LS and with the redesigned LS scheduled to hit the dealer lots very soon.
Haha - geez lesz - don't put ideas in our heads.
Old 07-15-17, 11:02 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

While this appears to be a great time for those who want to buy an ES (or other sedan), there is a downside to the drop in prices that people are paying for a new ES. When the selling prices of new cars go down dramatically, there is a trickle down effect that depresses the prices of used cars of the same model. So, if people, today, can buy a new ES, say, for $300-4000 less than people were paying for a similarly equipped new 2013, 2014, or 2015 ES a few years ago, the re-sale or trade-in value of those used 2013, 2014, and 2015 ESs is likely to be at least a couple of thousand dollars lower than it would have been had the selling prices for the 2017 ES held at the same level as the selling prices of the ES a few years ago. And, with the 2018 ES likely being the last year for the Generation 6 ES, it is likely that demand and, subsequently, selling prices for the 2018 ES will be even lower than those for the 2017 ES, which will further depress the re-sale or trade-in values of used ES vehicles.
Old 07-19-17, 06:49 AM
WNC
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Where ?

Originally Posted by irishbrahm
'17 UL purchased on 03 July 2017:

MSRP = $49,564
Sale price was approx. $39,600

Approx. 20% off MSRP.
Which dealer did you purchase from?
Old 07-19-17, 07:03 AM
irishbrahm
Intermediate

Originally Posted by WNC
Nalley Lexus-Roswell.
Old 07-19-17, 07:15 AM
WNC
Rookie

Default Rebates

Nalley Lexus-Roswell.
Thanks!
Cash rebate is $3,000 now. Do you remember what it was on yours?
Old 07-19-17, 07:59 AM
irishbrahm
Intermediate

Originally Posted by WNC
Thanks!
Cash rebate is $3,000 now. Do you remember what it was on yours?
I don't. I just remember that there was some rebate that ended on 7/4 or 7/5.
Old 07-19-17, 08:03 AM
WNC
Rookie

Default Interesting

Originally Posted by WNC
i have been been dealing with the same dealership for a month now. When I told them of your price, he said it must have been a DEMO or damaged in transit!!
Old 07-19-17, 08:10 AM
irishbrahm
Intermediate

Originally Posted by WNC
i have been been dealing with the same dealership for a month now. When I told them of your price, he said it must have been a DEMO or damaged in transit!!
Not true. My car had 13 miles on it at the time of purchase. It was a dealer swap from Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett. It was delivered to Hennessy in late Feb. and sat for months. Nalley had a nearly identical car on its lot with a few extras (lighted door and trunk seals, spoiler) with 71 miles on the odo. On 7/3 there were also 2 other Nebula/Stratus ULs at Nalley Galleria and Hennessy on Peachtree Industrial. I think that all of this, combined with my willingness to drive across Atlanta to get a good deal, allowed things to come together in my favor.

Last edited by irishbrahm; 07-19-17 at 08:19 AM.
Old 07-19-17, 08:15 AM
WNC
Rookie

Not true. My car had 13 miles on it at the time of purchase. It was a dealer swap from Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett. It was delivered to Hennessy in late Feb. and sat for months. Nalley had a nearly identical car on its lot with a few extras (lighted door and trunk seals, spoiler) with 71 miles on the odo. On 7/3 there were also 2 other Nebula/Status ULs at Nalley Galleria and Hennessy on Peachtree Industrial. I think that all of this, combined with my willingness to drive across Atlanta to get a good deal, allowed things to come together in my favor.
Thanks! I pretty much figured that.They always come up with a way to try and explain these things !! I am doing just like you. Right now, I am in Charleston, SC visiting relatives and there are two down here!

Quick Reply: What did you pay for your new 2017 ES?