ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

What did you pay for your new 2017 ES?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-17, 07:01 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Fillykonk
So I went to Hendrick Lexus Northlake (Charlotte Area) for WHAT I THOUGHT was going to be a lease buy-out of my 2014. Before I could talk to the finance manager a salesman corralled me into taking a look at the deals available to lease a 2017. They were offering a 5k rebate including loyalty incentives over top of about an 8% decrease from MSRP pricing. Long story short - I ended up with a new Eminent White Pearl/Black Luxury/Nav with several other options listed at 45.6 for about 37k. Lease for 45 months at 448 per. I also talked them into body side molding for free. I know others have done better particularly in other regions of the country and maybe I could have done so as well but I am happy with the choice. Hopefully this Kentucky-built car holds up as well as the Japan-built one I traded in.
Congrats and enjoy your new ES!
Old 08-24-17, 08:18 AM
355F1
Racer

Received 621 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by PhillyPhan
I think you can hold on for a better deal. I was offered $41,900 from Sewell Dallas right off the bat. I know others have got the ULs under $40k, so if you don't really need a car I would play the negotiating game and if they're able to get below $40k I'd jump. That's just my 2 cents. Good luck!
I honestly was hoping to wait until NEXT year to buy a new 2019 ES (as I like the new Camry)...and hopefully my IS will last until 200k miles, which is where it will be by next summer.
Old 08-24-17, 09:38 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,013 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by 355F1
I was just offered an initial offer of $42,963 from a dealer for a $49,963 MSRP ES350 with UL after emailing an inquiry, which included the $3,000 Cash from LExus. It's in the next state over so I'd need to fly there.

Kind of on the fence...don't really NEED a new car....but I like the UL's....
Originally Posted by PhillyPhan
I think you can hold on for a better deal. I was offered $41,900 from Sewell Dallas right off the bat. I know others have got the ULs under $40k, so if you don't really need a car I would play the negotiating game and if they're able to get below $40k I'd jump. That's just my 2 cents. Good luck!
I think that the market may have changed some since PhillyPhan bought his car. With the aggressive discounting that dealers have been offering for the last couple of months and with the attractive factory rebates, dealers have significantly reduced their ES inventories in the last 5-6 weeks.

This morning, I checked the inventories at 5 Lexus dealers, 3 in the Chicago area, one in Iowa, and one in Wisconsin. The Iowa dealer, the Wisconsin dealer, and one of the Chicago area dealers, 5-6 weeks ago, each had over 30 ES in their inventories. As of today, all three of those dealers are down to 7-8 ES in their inventories. The other two Chicago area dealers are 2 of the biggest volume Lexus dealers in the Midwest. Five or 6 weeks ago, they each had 60+ ES in their inventories. As of this morning, both of them are down to about 30 ES. And, UL ES inventories appear to be especially small. The Wisconsin dealer that I checked had 0 UL ES. The Iowa dealer had 1 UL ES. Two of the Chicago area dealers each had 1 UL ES, and the other one had 2 UL ES.

So, as inventories have paired down to much more manageable levels, I suspect that dealers are not feeling the need, at this particular time, to be as aggressive with discounting as they were 5 or 6 weeks ago. Also, the choices for buyers, with regard to colors and options are quickly getting smaller.
Old 08-25-17, 04:37 AM
Fillykonk
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
I think that the market may have changed some since PhillyPhan bought his car. With the aggressive discounting that dealers have been offering for the last couple of months and with the attractive factory rebates, dealers have significantly reduced their ES inventories in the last 5-6 weeks.

This morning, I checked the inventories at 5 Lexus dealers, 3 in the Chicago area, one in Iowa, and one in Wisconsin. The Iowa dealer, the Wisconsin dealer, and one of the Chicago area dealers, 5-6 weeks ago, each had over 30 ES in their inventories. As of today, all three of those dealers are down to 7-8 ES in their inventories. The other two Chicago area dealers are 2 of the biggest volume Lexus dealers in the Midwest. Five or 6 weeks ago, they each had 60+ ES in their inventories. As of this morning, both of them are down to about 30 ES. And, UL ES inventories appear to be especially small. The Wisconsin dealer that I checked had 0 UL ES. The Iowa dealer had 1 UL ES. Two of the Chicago area dealers each had 1 UL ES, and the other one had 2 UL ES.

So, as inventories have paired down to much more manageable levels, I suspect that dealers are not feeling the need, at this particular time, to be as aggressive with discounting as they were 5 or 6 weeks ago. Also, the choices for buyers, with regard to colors and options are quickly getting smaller.
That is true. I was actually surprised at the low inventory my dealer had when I purchased mine. I also got the only Eminent White car he had in stock with Navigation and that one was a dealer trade. If one is looking for a 2017 in a particular color and equipment package they need to buy it when they see it before its gone.
Old 08-25-17, 11:45 AM
DanZ
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

SoCal dealers appear to have plenty in stock. There were at least 50 or more at Longo Lexus alone.
Old 08-25-17, 11:53 AM
Interapid
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just offered an initial offer of $42,963 from a dealer for a $49,963 MSRP ES350 with UL after emailing an inquiry, which included the $3,000 Cash from LExus. It's in the next state over so I'd need to fly there.

Kind of on the fence...don't really NEED a new car....but I like the UL's....
You should check with Sewell Fort Worth. I got the same car for $41,800
Old 08-25-17, 11:55 AM
Interapid
Driver School Candidate

Did you finance through Lexus for 0% with this deal?
Paid cash but my credit union had 2.74%
Old 08-25-17, 12:23 PM
irishbrahm
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Since I bought my ES UL in early July, I see that half of Atlanta's UL stock has been depleted. Most of what remains are less popular colors/color combinations.
Old 08-25-17, 01:53 PM
355F1
Racer

Received 621 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by Interapid
You should check with Sewell Fort Worth. I got the same car for $41,800
They don't have any UL's left in stock in white.
Old 08-25-17, 02:07 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,013 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by irishbrahm
Since I bought my ES UL in early July, I see that half of Atlanta's UL stock has been depleted. Most of what remains are less popular colors/color combinations.
They don't have any UL's left in stock in white.
Yes. Even at times earlier in the model year, UL ESs are somewhat rare. Even the largest volume dealers, at any time, are likely to only have 3 or 4 UL ESs in their inventories, and smaller and more typically-sized dealers might be lucky to have only 1 or 2. Now, even some of the large volume dealers, such as Sewell and Longo either don't have any/many UL ESs at all and the color and option choices are definitely much more limited than they were a even a few weeks ago.

Earlier in the year, if a dealer didn't have the UL ES that a customer was looking for, they likely would have been able to trade for one with another dealer. Now, when there are so few available, dealers that have them are less inclined to be willing to trade them to another dealer.

Also note that, for the very large volume dealers that might still have 50 or 60 or more ES left, that number is likely to be only a fraction of the number that they likely had in their inventories 5 or 6 weeks ago.
Old 08-29-17, 05:10 PM
T4RB4Lexus
Driver School Candidate

just picked up my 2017 ES350 on August 18th. MSRP $45,178. I received $2,500 discount from dealer, $3,000 Lexus Cash and the local dealer here doubled my Platinum plus points ($1,276). I received a total discount of about $6,800, plus the dealer gave me $20,000 for my 2012 Toyota 4Runner Limited, 94,000 miles. Ended up going with a 48 month, 1.9% financing. I thought I got an awesome deal....Love this car. I'm a little nervous with the winter coming, haven't driven a car in the winter since 1991.
Old 08-29-17, 07:19 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by T4RB4Lexus
just picked up my 2017 ES350 on August 18th. MSRP $45,178. I received $2,500 discount from dealer, $3,000 Lexus Cash and the local dealer here doubled my Platinum plus points ($1,276). I received a total discount of about $6,800, plus the dealer gave me $20,000 for my 2012 Toyota 4Runner Limited, 94,000 miles. Ended up going with a 48 month, 1.9% financing. I thought I got an awesome deal....Love this car. I'm a little nervous with the winter coming, haven't driven a car in the winter since 1991.
Nice solid deal - great work!

Congrats and enjoy your new ES!!
Old 08-30-17, 09:16 AM
Lexusmy1st
Driver School Candidate

Smile

I got my my ES 2017 yesterday. My first Lexus! Premium trim with 42.9K MSRP. I got it for 35.65K, including everything except taxes - 4.75K deal discount, 3K Lexus rebate and $500 doc fee. So, that's about 17% off MSRP. I live in TN but I bought it from AL and they delivered to my driveway! I paid the max they let me by credit card (3K) to get the cash back and financed the rest through them (they used Chase) at 2.59% for 60 months. I could have gone to Atlanta and got a couple of hundred dollars more off but it wasn't worth it. Overall, very happy with the deal and the car.
Old 08-30-17, 09:17 AM
irishbrahm
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexusmy1st
I got my my ES 2017 yesterday. My first Lexus! Premium trim with 42.9K MSRP. I got it for 35.65K, including everything except taxes - 4.75K deal discount, 3K Lexus rebate and $500 doc fee. So, that's about 17% off MSRP. I live in TN but I bought it from AL and they delivered to my driveway! I paid the max they let me by credit card (3K) to get the cash back and financed the rest through them (they used Chase) at 2.59% for 60 months. I could have gone to Atlanta and got a couple of hundred dollars more off but it wasn't worth it. Overall, very happy with the deal and the car.
Well done!
Old 08-30-17, 12:41 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lexusmy1st
Very nice work!!

Congrats and enjoy your new ES!

AND welcome to the forum!

Quick Reply: What did you pay for your new 2017 ES?