ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

extended warranty experience?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-17, 11:24 AM
azipod
Lead Lap

Received 120 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by roninlexus
Gee, that's smart. How do you know what's best? Part of the problem here is that NO ONE knows what's best because no one can read into the future.

Thanks- I am glad we both agree and you finally see my point. Good for you.

Now..... Let's talk about YOUR vsc purchase. Have you gotten your money's worth from whatever you paid for the Fidelity warranty????

It's been 4 months Carnac- Your right, I have yet to re-coup my costs. You got me there.

Your article(s) were right on.... Perhaps I should of reconsidered but I was buying this car as the warranty was expiring; so per your article (#1)
Peace of mind comes at a price. If you opt for an extended warranty, consider these smart-buying tips.

Don’t buy under pressure. - Didn't, I named a price 1K+ below what was advertised and that was that. It was my idea, not theirs.Don’t be afraid to bargain. See above Shop around. I should of researched the Lexus one. However I did verify from my Lexus dealer they have used these guys before with no issues. Go all in. Our survey found little difference in cost between limited and bumper-to-bumper coverage, which is more likely than powertrain plans to include reimbursement for towing, travel expenses, and a rental car. If you’re going to buy, get the full protection.- Agreed- I got the top level plan. Read the small print. Before signing, be sure you understand what is covered and where you can take your car for authorized service. Third-party warranties, especially, may have notable restrictions on approved shops. Given how many dealerships have closed in recent years, the availability of participating repair shops is a particular concern.- Lexus Honors the plan, already re-verified that while there with the oil leak.Consider an extended warranty for the long haul. - Last car (Corolla=5 years) This one will be similar and I'll be covered for almost all of it. My factory warranty (minus power train) is already gone.

And last point- Stuff happens,
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...r-failure.html

It's all talk until you get your money's worth out of service-contract. As of now, you're still the "losing party" in the eyes of Fidelity Warranty.
Good luck.
Old 09-03-20, 10:42 AM
LEXNLG
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jollick
I have a little over 34,000 miles on my 2013 ES300h and I believe we got them at the same time, in fact I think they were on the same ship coming to the US. That is a lot of miles, good to know how reliable they are. Thanks for the post!
Reliable is an understatement. This is my 3rd Lexus. The first two, a 2000 ES is in the garage and an 09 GS 350 that was stolen, all had 250k or more. I expect it from a Lexus.
The following users liked this post:
jollick (09-03-20)
Old 09-03-20, 01:34 PM
jollick
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 157 Posts

That post was just about 3 1/2 years ago, still no issues here. :-)
Old 09-03-20, 07:26 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

even with this being an old post ill say that I always say that if you can do work yourself and just need to pay for the parts and materials to do the job then don't wast your money on a contract for a lexus its not a Chrysler or ford where you will have to replace transmirion or engine at 100k lol

if you cant do it yourself don't have the time or just don't want to then a service contract is good option but make sure you get the one that lasts the longer miles cause there is a chance that you wont even need it for the first 100k so if the car has 80k on it and your buying it used ok buy the service contract if the car is new or used but only a year or so old with low miles don't wast the money until latter on when you have more miles on it