ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

New Lexus and luxcare

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-17 | 11:55 AM
Vinney
Driver School Candidate

Default New Lexus and luxcare

Should I purchase the Luxcare treatment both interior and exterior for my new Lexus RX and are the businesses in Montana that would honor the warranty?
Old 07-29-17 | 12:34 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

I'm not all that familiar with Luxcare, except for doing some reading about it on internet forums, but, if it is something that the dealer wants to sell you, it is likely that its greatest purpose will be to pad the dealer's profit by adding 80% or more of what it costs to the dealers profit. As far as "protecting", it is likely to do little more than products that you can buy for yourself at a small fraction of the cost or that you can pay a detailer to apply to the car at much lower cost.
Old 07-29-17 | 12:40 PM
Dave Mac
Racer

I would not even consider this product - and I don't even know what it is. I can be pretty sure it is nothing more than the other "protectants" the dealer's like to add on to he deal. Lexus uses good materials in all their cars and with minimal work and maybe even a $10-15 product on-line or Pep Boys etc. your car will stay looking good.

And this same advice goes for anything else the "finance manager" tries to sell you.

Dave Mac
Old 07-29-17 | 01:03 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dave Mac

And this same advice goes for anything else the "finance manager" tries to sell you.

Dave Mac
Absolutely. If the business manager is successful in selling you an extended warranty, interior and exterior protection, wheel protection, a pre-paid service plan, or anything else, he/she has the potential of adding several thousand dollars to the profit of the dealership on the deal.

Of the different things that the business manager might try to sell you, the only one that I might consider is paint protection film for the nose of the car, and I would only buy that from the dealer if the product being used was a high quality paint protection film and if the price was reduced to 1/2 or less than the dealer's advertised price and if that reduced price was competitive with what it would cost me to get the paint protection film put on the car elsewhere. In that case, having it done by the dealer would, at least, save the trouble of arranging to have it done somewhere else.

But, iif I was interested in the paint protection film, instead of waiting for the business manager to try to sell it to me at a highly inflated price, I would make that my last item in negotiating the price of the car. When I was almost ready to agree to a price for the car, I would say that I will agree to the deal only if the they would sell me the paint protection film at, say, 1/3 of their advertised price. If they agreed, then, I'd close the deal and be ready to say no to anything else that the business manager tried to sell me.
Old 07-29-17 | 04:27 PM
Maikerusan
Advanced

Found this on the net for what Luxcare is and this was from 2008. Price is probably higher today but perhaps OP can enlighten us.

Sounds like the typical dealer add on-overpriced and likely with more holes than a swiss cheese when it comes to warranty claims.. Some paint sealant probably similar to what you can buy for 30 dollars max, a can of scotchguard for the carpets and leather protector you can buy for 20 bucks.

So I guess if you like paying $600 for $50 worth of stuff, go for it.

LuxCare
$599 plus tax
* Paint sealant helps protect your exterior finish from weather-induced fading, bird droppings, tree sap, UV rays and acid rain.
* Fabric sealant helps protect your carpet and fabric surfaces from most common stains, premature aging and makes clean-up easy.
* Leather/vinyl sealant helps protect and preserve your leather and vinyl surfaces
* 5 year warranty on new vehicles; 3 year warranty on pre-owned vehicles