ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

battery question

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-17, 01:02 AM
Poppa
Instructor

Received 166 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by DanZ
I noticed you are in Louisiana, where my parents also live. Hope you are safe from the effects of Harvey.
Hey DanZ... thank you for asking.. we're fine.. we live in the N.W part of the state.. however funny you asked. The monday before the hurricane hit galveston, my wife and i took our grandson to seaworld in san antonio... we spent the night in Houston and then on to San Antonio the next day.. we had no idea there was a hurricane brewing in the gulf. We were actually coming back to the hotel on a shuttle when the driver started talking about the storm and how bad it was supposed to get in San Antonio.. we left the same day that Harvey came ashore. Didn't effect us except we had to take an alternate route home.. no way was I going to go back thru houston..

Poppa
Old 09-02-17, 11:50 AM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 719 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppa
I wish it were that easy... no other lexus dealerships in the immediate area and would have to drive a pretty good distance to another one. I have considered taking it to a Toyota dealership.. There are 2 in this town.. one of which is owned by the same guy that owns the lexus dealership.. and a service writer at that toyota service dept told me that they are not allowed to work on Lexus vehicles, that they have to go to the Lexus lot next door. I also checked with another toyota shop across town and they told me that they are allowed to "work" on Lexus cars, but can not do any diagnostic work on Lexus.. go figure... but it's okay. It might be an issue if I were some young teenage girl that believed you need to change your blinker fluid, but at 62, while not a mechanic by any means, I've been around cars enough to know the basics so that the "bs" things that come my way I normally catch.. Plus, now when I take my car in for service, I reference the owners manual for what needs to be done, not all of the added things that the dealerships want to sell you..

Poppa
Thank you for dropping the bold text. It is much easier on the eyes.

My father was a mechanic and he was old-school. He was frustrated by the specialized equipment required for specific brands in order to perform proper diagnostics. Most modern cars require specialized training and equipment, so it's only natural that we want to believe the service advisors.