ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Undecided

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-17, 06:27 PM
chrisvo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont want to sound too inquisitive but is it possible if you could take a picture of the car from the outside showing both interior and exterior?

please sir
Old 11-03-17, 06:39 PM
GES
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I don't think Lexus would offer this combination of interior and exterior colors if it looked weird.
Old 11-03-17, 06:39 PM
WNC
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Love Atomic Silver

Got a new 2017 ES 350 3 months ago. Atomic Silver exterior. Light gray interior. I love it so far. My current 2008 350 is white exterior with Parchment. Love that too, but didnt think anything would look good with the Atomic Silver except gray or black interior.
Old 11-04-17, 07:05 AM
Maikerusan
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisvo
but dont grey interior get dirty easily?
Black gets just as dirty but you cannot see it. You are still sitting on "dirt".
Old 11-04-17, 11:40 AM
sonatine
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Honestly I think the black interior for the es350 is the best. They could have designed the color schemes better. The 2 tone color schemes like tan with black in their other models (rx, nx, is) look nice. The tan in the es350 is all over the place.
The following 2 users liked this post by sonatine:
chrisvo (11-04-17), user420 (11-06-17)
Old 11-04-17, 07:22 PM
chrisvo
Driver School Candidate

I really appreciate it your guys advice so far. Keep going
Old 11-04-17, 07:58 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 719 Likes on 526 Posts

We strongly dislike the black interior. It shows every speck of dust and my OCD tendencies just aren’t a good match with the black. If my wife didn’t dislike the brown trim in the new color schemes, we would have traded it for a 2016 model. We love the Atomic Silver and just decided to live with the black interior but we will never do another. The Lexus parchment and creme interiors are much easier to live with. Just my opinion on the interior color discussion.
Old 11-04-17, 08:01 PM
chrisvo
Driver School Candidate

But would u get a topraz brown interior Ward if you had a chance?
Old 11-04-17, 08:20 PM
Tetguy
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sonatine
Honestly I think the black interior for the es350 is the best. They could have designed the color schemes better. The 2 tone color schemes like tan with black in their other models (rx, nx, is) look nice. The tan in the es350 is all over the place.
I`m with you . I just picked up a new 2017 Es350 with touring pkg. atomic silver with black interior. I just sold 2008 es350 silver ext and interior. I loved the fact that the exterior hid light dirt very well. The leather driver seatback and seat constantly needed a wash with woolite and water and a conditioner. This was more apparent during warm summer spells. Faded blue jeans and colored shirts were a problem and more so if I had perspiration before getting in the vehicle. I loved the color combination for looks.though. . On the new one I had a choice of tan interior which looked sharp I thought but I went with black because I figured I would have to clean the drivers seat and back just as much. I`ve had the car for 3 days and the black ,isn`t bothering me. I like it so far. I took it to a detailer to apply Expel Ultimate with seal coat the day I picked it up. Just got the car back this pm. Looks great to me now but that could ,change.. To each their own when it comes to color and combinations.
I cant find the owners and nav manual ,anywhere in the car. Is Lexus not supplying these anymore? I was able to download them from the internet, but I don`t look forward to going on my PC to learn .

Last edited by Tetguy; 11-04-17 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Owners and nav manual
Old 11-04-17, 08:39 PM
Zipit555
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There is no right or wrong answer....if it looks nice to you, that s all that matters. I have Atomic Silver and black and love the look. I was ok with the parchment interior until 2016 when they paired it with brown for the steering wheel and dash.
Old 11-05-17, 04:47 AM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Dear guys

I was wondering which combination would suit better.

I have to say I am not a big fan of black interior. It is very dark and reminds you of an enclosed space where there is no freedom.

I prefer saddle tan color

Is it preferable to have exterior titanium?

Is it prefertable to have exterior navy blue?
Buy the color combinations you like.
I like Black interiors, I think they are easier to keep clean and looking good.
In the South, they like light interiors because of the heat.
I've been partial to Matador Red w/ Black Int, my wife likes White Pearl w/ Black interior. She's been driving a White Pearl ES since '91 (5 different generations)
I avoid Black exteriors as I find them too difficult to keep looking good.

BUT IN THE END, it is your money buy what you like, not what I like!
Old 11-05-17, 05:13 AM
Fillykonk
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Over the course of years I've had several vehicles with light interiors. I found them always high maintenance to keep clean. On my last 3 vehicles (1 Acura and 2 ES) I have gone with black interiors. I don't mind living with the warmer temperatures during the summer months in exchange for the lower maintenance. But as others have said color choice is a relative thing both interior and exterior. I have gone with white exteriors on all 5 of my most recent owned cars and almost bought my 2014 'ES off lease because the dealer had no white ones in stock in my preferred equipment. He ended up doing a dealer trade for my white/black 2017 with navi, luxury package, power trunk release, heated steering wheel and rear screen along with several other options. Go with what best moves you!
The following users liked this post:
EJC (11-05-17)
Old 11-05-17, 06:24 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 719 Likes on 526 Posts

But would u get a topraz brown interior Ward if you had a chance?
I would, but my wife didn’t care for the brown color. We don’t dislike black in general, we just don’t like the challenge of keeping it looking clean. On the other hand, she just didn’t like that particular brown so it was a no starter for us.

As others have stated, the color choices are very subjective and you want to buy the one YOU enjoy looking at the most. It really doesn’t matter what color choice any of the rest of us would favor.

Last edited by TechNut; 11-05-17 at 06:30 PM.
Old 11-05-17, 08:47 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,366 Likes on 1,082 Posts

The light leathers, Grey, Tan, White also look very worn and bad when they get some ware, or slight cracks.
Old 11-06-17, 06:01 PM
user420
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm partial to the black interior. Think it looks great with the nebula gray pearl.

Quick Reply: Undecided