ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Extended warranty ending - what can I get done or fix?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-18, 09:46 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 658 Likes on 492 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds
... But not all TSBs are locked to the initial warranty, while Lexus seems to be a bit more **** about it than other manufacturers, if the extended warranty covers the parts described in the TSB, they have a legal obligation to honor the extended warranty under those terms. VS. a Recall which is falls under federal mandate to have the expense covered by the manufacturer, regardless whether the recall is voluntary or required.
Well, you're obviously much brighter than most of us on the forum. Just to stay on topic, please list all the TSB's that are relevant to the OP's initial question. It appears that with all of your great knowledge, you must have a vast database of them sorted by year and make. At the very least, please link one that would be covered, which isn't part of a repair already being performed.
Old 01-30-18, 10:39 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike728
Well, you're obviously much brighter than most of us on the forum. Just to stay on topic, please list all the TSB's that are relevant to the OP's initial question. It appears that with all of your great knowledge, you must have a vast database of them sorted by year and make. At the very least, please link one that would be covered, which isn't part of a repair already being performed.
The OP is asking if there is anything he can get fixed before his warranty expires, but hasn't stated any issues or symptoms that indicate he has a specific problem or repair that is needed, nor has he given his make, model, and VIN, Therefore there are no TSBs relevant to the OP's initial question because he hasn't provided enough information to make a diagnosis.

kind of like asking a doctor to treat an illness and have your insurance pay for it, but not going to the doctor to get diagnosed.
Old 01-30-18, 12:43 PM
Universe93
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Lesson learned - no need to buy an extended warranty on a Lexus. They already have the best reliability, so better to roll the dice and not buy anything extra. Buy extended warranties for German and American cars.

If nothing is broken, then nothing to fix.
Old 01-30-18, 02:39 PM
Maikerusan
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by HouseB328
Lesson learned - no need to buy an extended warranty on a Lexus. They already have the best reliability, so better to roll the dice and not buy anything extra. Buy extended warranties for German and American cars.

If nothing is broken, then nothing to fix.
Learned that lesson without having every purchased an extended warranty at any time, ever , in my life and I have owned many cars. I can't think of a single one of them that would have paid out to my benefit after buying the warranty.

Of course, I have tried to stay away from certain makes (cough, cough GM). If I am car shopping and I really thought an extended warranty would be a good idea, the next thought would be why am I buying a car that will give me future problems so much that I need to insure against those problems, since that's really what you are doing
Old 01-31-18, 03:32 PM
Universe93
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Maikerusan
Learned that lesson without having every purchased an extended warranty at any time, ever , in my life and I have owned many cars. I can't think of a single one of them that would have paid out to my benefit after buying the warranty.

Of course, I have tried to stay away from certain makes (cough, cough GM). If I am car shopping and I really thought an extended warranty would be a good idea, the next thought would be why am I buying a car that will give me future problems so much that I need to insure against those problems, since that's really what you are doing
Yup, that's true as well. If I ever go with my hankering for a German car once in my lifetime - I would probably go with the Audi S4 and not buy an extended warranty. The idea is to have money saved away for repairs and if the car keeps giving trouble, sell it and go back to Lexus. I hate spending money on a warranty when it might not be used.