ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

2018 ES pricing

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-18, 12:39 PM
reposado2
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

With the incoming of 7th gen 2019 ES I'd expect some kickass deals for the 2018's soon.

Good times.
Old 06-08-18, 12:46 PM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,014 Likes on 693 Posts

As an alternative to relying on what others tell you regarding what they paid, it is very easy to find out where the bottom of the market is pricewise at any given time. Below, I'll paste a post that I made in another thread some time ago, and it explains a simple method that you can use to quickly find out where the floor of the pricing market is at any given time. By using this method, not only can you have access to the best prices available, but you can also maximize the value of your trade-in, but you don't want to bring the trade-in into the discussions until after dealers are offering bottom-of-the-market prices on the new car. The key to making this method work is to follow all of the steps and to complete the negotiations process before you walk into the dealership and talk with a sales person.

"Find the 8 (or more) Lexus dealers that are the closest to you. Send each of them an identical email. In the email, let them know that you are sending the same email to 8 (or whatever the number is) dealers. Tell them what color, package, options, etc. that you are interested in, and let them know that you are planning to buy within a week or 10 days from the dealer that offers you the best price.

When the dealers respond with offers, take the best offer, let the other dealers know what that offer is, and give them the opportunity to beat that price. If you repeat that process a couple of times, each time, some of the dealers will drop out, but some are likely to better their initial offers. After repeating the same process a couple of times, you should get a good feel for where the bottom of the market is and for what the best offers available are. Even if you really aren't interested in traveling to the more distant of those dealerships, you likely won't have to do so because, by using the offers of those more distant dealers as leverage, you should be able to cause the more nearby dealers to bring their prices to more competitive levels.

A key part of this process is to do as much as can via internet and telephone communication before you visit a dealership. Until you walk into the dealership, you are the one who has more control over the process, but, once you do walk into the dealership, you are giving more control to the sales person."
The following 3 users liked this post by lesz:
2wPushkins (10-05-18), nuraman00 (06-19-18), reposado2 (06-08-18)
Old 06-16-18, 05:34 AM
llecompte
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Incentives

Hello!

Currently, there is a $2500 cash back incentive on a 2018 es350. Is it possible for the dealer to discount the vehicle even further? We're looking at an MSRP of $45,375 and we're hoping to get 10% total savings on the selling price.
Old 06-16-18, 05:58 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by llecompte
Hello!

Currently, there is a $2500 cash back incentive on a 2018 es350. Is it possible for the dealer to discount the vehicle even further? We're looking at an MSRP of $45,375 and we're hoping to get 10% total savings on the selling price.
Definitely. And discounting should improve noticeably as we approach the end of the 2018 model year and get closer to the time when the 2019 Generation 7 ES starts arriving at dealerships.

For the 2016 and 2017 model years, people were regularly getting total discounts at or approaching 20% off from MSRP in the late summer and early fall, and, with 2018 being the last year of the Generation 6 ES, that should be even more true this year.

I haven't kept up with where the floor of the market is right now, but, if you use the method that I explained in a previous post, you should be able quickly to determine for yourself what discount levels are currently available. In New Mexico, there aren't many Lexus dealers, but the savings available would likely make it worth your while to test the market in neighboring states. Even if you aren't interested in traveling to buy a car, you should be able to use the offers from dealers in neighboring states as leverage to get a better offer from dealers that are more convenient to you. Or you might find that it is worth a trip to California, Arizona, or Texas to save a significant amount of money.
Old 06-17-18, 04:49 PM
icypool
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
Definitely. And discounting should improve noticeably as we approach the end of the 2018 model year and get closer to the time when the 2019 Generation 7 ES starts arriving at dealerships.

For the 2016 and 2017 model years, people were regularly getting total discounts at or approaching 20% off from MSRP in the late summer and early fall, and, with 2018 being the last year of the Generation 6 ES, that should be even more true this year.

I haven't kept up with where the floor of the market is right now, but, if you use the method that I explained in a previous post, you should be able quickly to determine for yourself what discount levels are currently available. In New Mexico, there aren't many Lexus dealers, but the savings available would likely make it worth your while to test the market in neighboring states. Even if you aren't interested in traveling to buy a car, you should be able to use the offers from dealers in neighboring states as leverage to get a better offer from dealers that are more convenient to you. Or you might find that it is worth a trip to California, Arizona, or Texas to save a significant amount of money.
We are already near the 20% mark. My wife had a 2013 ES 350 which she loved and we traded it in for a 2018 ES 350. Last night we where clearing out her car to buy her a Benz GLC which she liked and she started crying. She said I really love this car and I don't want to give it up but she wanted the new safety features. I then knew what I had to do. Drove over to my local Lexus dealership and got her the same color combo with more features. She is very happy!

Deal: MSRP 45,332.00. Got it for $37,000. That is 18.37% off MSRP. This 18.37% number included the $4,000 lease incentive. Took about 5 minutes to get the deal but I don't play games and had my ducks in a row. Good luck, deals can be had. To be fair the dealer was great and it was the easiest car deal I have ever done. Money factor was .00001 AKA 1/4 of 1%. LMAO! How could I not lease this car.

P.S: Happy wife, happy life.

Last edited by icypool; 06-17-18 at 04:57 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Jets (07-09-18)
Old 07-01-18, 07:58 PM
Leap
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Does anyone else have any pricing experience this month? I am looking to buy soon and am hoping to save a good chunk on the outgoing 2018s. Truecar and other places are still showing only small discounts off MSRP so I am not sure what is reasonable to expect.
Old 07-02-18, 10:49 AM
nmd
Driver School Candidate

Hi Leap,
I am in Austin, TX. My target is 20% off MSRP. Have you received ant quote yet?
Thank you.
Old 07-09-18, 08:40 AM
reposado2
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Leap
Does anyone else have any pricing experience this month? I am looking to buy soon and am hoping to save a good chunk on the outgoing 2018s. Truecar and other places are still showing only small discounts off MSRP so I am not sure what is reasonable to expect.
Lexus is offering $4,000 cash back on the ES 300h hybrid, up from $2,500 in June, as the company tries to clear out the old model to make way for an updated ES to go on sale this fall.

10% off MSRP + $4k = significant discounts!

Enjoy!

Old 07-09-18, 08:51 AM
Jets
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by icypool
Deal: MSRP 45,332.00. Got it for $37,000. That is 18.37% off MSRP. This 18.37% number included the $4,000 lease incentive. Took about 5 minutes to get the deal but I don't play games and had my ducks in a row. Good luck, deals can be had. To be fair the dealer was great and it was the easiest car deal I have ever done. Money factor was .00001 AKA 1/4 of 1%. LMAO! How could I not lease this car.

P.S: Happy wife, happy life.
Thanks for that info. I also managed to get 18% off in June including 3750 lease incentive. MF was .00006.
Old 07-09-18, 03:01 PM
MikeSugar
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Leap
Yes, they are discounting it big time in Houston. Several dealers quoted me at least 12% off MSRP before I even step into the dealership. I finally bought mine with a dealership near our house for almost 18% off MSRP of $42,858 (Premier pkg, Blind Spot Monitor (Rear Cross-Traffic), Intuitive Parking Assist, Heated Wood & Leather Steering Wheel, and Body Molding. Drive-out price was $38,000 ($35358 + TTL). They gave me $3500 off and an extended Lexus cash of $4000 (when I asked for a better price than the original $2500 rebate).

Tips: Do everything through email (no phone calls) so you have it on paper. I only went to the dealership to test drive once I have a reasonable offer (like 14% off). Then that is when they gave me the final price. Remember don't give them your final price, let them make the offer first. Hope this helps ..

Last edited by MikeSugar; 07-09-18 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-10-18, 06:34 AM
nmd
Driver School Candidate

Hi Mike Sugar,

I am in Austin, TX. Can you provide me dealer & sales person name? I got following offer from dealer in Dallas yesterday.:
MSRP: $ 46009
Price: $37327
OTD: $40084
This is for Luxury PKG. Color: Atomic Silver. The $4000 Cash incentive is extended (7/31).
Old 07-10-18, 01:37 PM
MikeSugar
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nmd
Hi Mike Sugar,

I am in Austin, TX. Can you provide me dealer & sales person name? I got following offer from dealer in Dallas yesterday.:
Price: $37327
OTD: $40084
This is for Luxury PKG. Color: Atomic Silver. The $4000 Cash incentive is extended (7/31).
Hi nmd .. not sure what the forum rules are about posting dealership info and/or person names. Just PM me and I will give you the info. BTW, that is a heck of a deal you got - almost 19% off MSRP.
The following users liked this post:
nmd (07-11-18)
Old 07-10-18, 08:46 PM
Dmaxdmax
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz

"Find the 8 (or more) Lexus dealers that are the closest to you. Send each of them an identical email. In the email, let them know that you are sending the same email to 8 (or whatever the number is) dealers. Tell them what color, package, options, etc. that you are interested in, and let them know that you are planning to buy within a week or 10 days from the dealer that offers you the best price.
A key part of this process is to do as much as can via internet and telephone communication before you visit a dealership. Until you walk into the dealership, you are the one who has more control over the process, but, once you do walk into the dealership, you are giving more control to the sales person."
Is it worth trying to combine this with the end-of-month strategy? Start on the 20th saying that you need a car by the end of the month. Find the floor but give the 2-3 Best offers one final shot on the last day?

Or is the floor the floor?
Old 07-11-18, 05:52 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dmaxdmax

Is it worth trying to combine this with the end-of-month strategy? Start on the 20th saying that you need a car by the end of the month. Find the floor but give the 2-3 Best offers one final shot on the last day?

Or is the floor the floor?
It couldn't hurt to wait until near the end of the month, but I don't think I'd wait until the very end of the month. If you wait until the last day of the month, you are risking the possibility that any delays would carry you into the beginning of the next month.

Regardless of whether you try to close a deal on the 31st or the 25th of the month, if the dealer perceives that you are a serious buyer and that you have done your pricing homework, that dealer is going to do what it needs to do to close the deal. On the other hand, if the dealer perceives that you are spinning your wheels and just wasting their time, that dealer will be happy to move on and invest its time with other more serious customers.
Old 07-11-18, 04:33 PM
nmd
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MikeSugar
Hi nmd .. not sure what the forum rules are about posting dealership info and/or person names. Just PM me and I will give you the info. BTW, that is a heck of a deal you got - almost 19% off MSRP.
I do not need dealer name in Houston. I am happy with the following offer.
dealer in Dallas offer update.:
Price: $36,600
OTD: $39,300 (6.25% Texas Tax included)

Quick Reply: 2018 ES pricing