ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

A Few 2013 ES 350 UL Blk/Blk 89k Miles - PIC

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-18, 01:09 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,320 Likes on 1,051 Posts
Default A Few 2013 ES 350 UL Blk/Blk 89k Miles - PIC

So I did a little clean up today as I do every 2 weeks or so. Coupe of months ago I cleaned, Polish Compounded, Cleaner Waxed with Turtle Wax Black Wax, and A Polymer Synthetic Wax. Also Clean the Leather seats, and Interior, Use Mothers Interior Treatment on Interior , and a Mix of Lexol and Clear Neutral Leather Mink Oil on Leather.

I may soon need to do a little Back Leather touch up, and its on my list, along with stripping all the Wax off Exterior, and restarting with a Paint decontamination, or Claying, then Polishing and Re Waxing again.

I now live at the Beach, On the Beach. Salt Spray in the Fog and Air get on the car everyday. You can see it like White water spots on the Windows, and gets on the Paint. No Garage. I have to go to car wash to wash car, No yard now. And Wax and clean in a Parked empty lot.

So I took these NON Photo-shoot shots today, just for Reference to track to the cars aging. Only got the car a few moths ago in Sept 2017, and have put a lot of miles on it Driving Everyday. So far so good. Plan to keep it for a awhile. 89k miles right now.

Old 05-06-18, 01:22 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Default Exterior

Old 05-06-18, 01:37 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Sorry not the Best iPhone photos. LOL!
I just trying to stay on Top of keeping it in good condition. I think come Sept of 2018, I will take the ES back to Atlanta and Garage it for a while, and Drive my MKS. MKS is currently in Atlanta in Garage getting some more Performance Mods done to it. Heads and Intake Manifold being Flow Bench Ported, Throttle Body Enlarge Boring, and adding a Custom made Borla Performance Exhaust with Hi Flow Cats system. Custom Turbo's Down Pipe, and other Tweets that I hope will bring the TT Eco Boost Reliably to over 460hp. One day I may start some minor Performance mods to the ES 350.

The MKS TT pulls like a Rocket. But funny as it is, I don't feel underpowered with The ES 350, it goes very impressive for the less HP its makes than the MKS. In fact the ES350 will outrun my Old Lincoln LS V8. And the LS is pretty quick. LOL!

Still happy with the 2013 ES 350 UL.
Old 05-06-18, 05:40 PM
Kijug
Intermediate

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

Your car looks fine, it seems. I have a 2014 ES/UL with red/black. I put leather conditioner on the black leather and, IMO, it works just fine. My previous car had tan leather and I had to clean it first and then condition it--which I disliked very much so I made sure I got black leather this time. Since the black doesn't show stains and such, just keeping it conditioned does a "good enough" cleaning job and keeps the leather in good condition. Mine is now four years old and the semi-aniline leather is still in like-new condition. I condition the leather about every 3-4 months. So, just a little care and your leather should stay fine.

The paint is what it is based on your environment. Tough luck you are in a harsh environment, especially with the black exterior. Not my color choice, but I know it can be hard to keep looking good. My paint has micro-chips all over it on the hood, etc., just from driving. I've clay bar'd it once and got gunk off. I went to clay bar it again back in March, but didn't get much...so I'm not sure how often that needs to be done [insert discussion].

Also, I noticed you have your radar detector, or whatever it is, plugged into the rear power port. Did you know you have a power port in the center console? That might alleviate some of the cord.

Good luck and have fun! I've enjoyed my ES for all the reasons folks like the car!
Old 05-06-18, 07:35 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kijug
Your car looks fine, it seems. I have a 2014 ES/UL with red/black. I put leather conditioner on the black leather and, IMO, it works just fine. My previous car had tan leather and I had to clean it first and then condition it--which I disliked very much so I made sure I got black leather this time. Since the black doesn't show stains and such, just keeping it conditioned does a "good enough" cleaning job and keeps the leather in good condition. Mine is now four years old and the semi-aniline leather is still in like-new condition. I condition the leather about every 3-4 months. So, just a little care and your leather should stay fine.

The paint is what it is based on your environment. Tough luck you are in a harsh environment, especially with the black exterior. Not my color choice, but I know it can be hard to keep looking good. My paint has micro-chips all over it on the hood, etc., just from driving. I've clay bar'd it once and got gunk off. I went to clay bar it again back in March, but didn't get much...so I'm not sure how often that needs to be done [insert discussion].

Also, I noticed you have your radar detector, or whatever it is, plugged into the rear power port. Did you know you have a power port in the center console? That might alleviate some of the cord.

Good luck and have fun! I've enjoyed my ES for all the reasons folks like the car!
Thanks. Yes I'm starting to get a few Micro Chips too. That's why I used the Black Wax. It colored and covered very well. I know they will come back tho, and Ill just do it again. Going to either Clay Bar some day soon, or use a Decontamination Detail Pad I saw on YouTube.

Maybe it's the Pics and angle, but if you look again the Rader is plugged in under the armrest. One day I'll get around to mounting it and powering out of way up near the rear view mirror, or in the left corner of the dash with wires hidden. My Headset and iphone cord are plugged into the rear. I also use for my ipad I need working everyday in the car.

BTW: anyone know why the "Pics of your ES -- RIGHT NOW!!" in this Forum Thread is LOCKED?