ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Minor accident with lease Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-18, 05:27 PM
choeninger
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Minor accident with lease Lexus

I was in a minor accident with my Lexus lease car. What do I do next? Does the repair need to be done by a Lexus collision center? My insurance Progressive is asking that i get 3 quotes or offers a one-stop-shop service. Repair, loaner car etc. Any recommendations?
Old 05-29-18, 06:16 PM
gamma742
Intermediate

Received 78 Likes on 61 Posts

I have Geico and they also have the one stop shop which gives a lifetime warranty on their repair. I would go with that..
Old 05-30-18, 11:53 AM
wasjr
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

You can get it fixed wherever you want to, but sometimes the companies will offer an incentive to use a particular shop. When my son had an accident in his Element a few years ago, although we did not have coverage for rental vehicle (we had a spare vehicle at home and did not need the coverage), Travelers offered a loaner if we used a particular repair shop where they had "concierge" service (a Travelers rep and rental counter at the repair shop).

I would assume the one-stop-shop Progressive is offering is a reputable shop, and you will have your deductible wherever you get the car repaired (assuming the accident was your fault).
Old 05-30-18, 04:20 PM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts

You can go wherever you want but I would go to the Lexus collision center. Most likely you will end up paying only your deductible anyway and any questions at lease-end should be resolved quickly. You didn't say what the damage is and what color your car is - some Lexus colors are difficult to match. I'm also assuming it is your insurance and not the other party that will be paying - if It is the other driver's insurance I wouldn't even consider using another shop. You can pretty much assume that the one-stop shop won't be using Lexus parts.

I've used the one-stop shops on occasion for minor damage on owned cars and always felt that the relationship between the shop and the adjuster was too close. They disassemble the damaged section of your car within hours of receiving it and always get supplemental repair authorizations for things I sometimes knew were not needed.

Dave Mac