ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Discount Tires / America's Tire Company.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-18, 10:04 PM
nuraman00
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Discount Tires / America's Tire Company.

If I get my tires rotated there, will they input service notes into Lexus Drivers? Do I have to ask them to do it?

If I ask, will they do it?

What are other peoples' experience with this request at their shops?
Old 10-07-18, 12:04 AM
Poppa
Instructor

Received 166 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by nuraman00
If I get my tires rotated there, will they input service notes into Lexus Drivers? Do I have to ask them to do it?

If I ask, will they do it?

What are other peoples' experience with this request at their shops?

Well I could be completely wrong about this, but my initial reaction is no, I don't believe they'll enter any data into Lexus Drivers... The last sat of tires I purchased, I got from a local tire shop ( Gateway Tire and Service ) and they don't enter the info. However you can "self report" your tire rotations yourself on Lexus Drivers. Once you're logged into the site, just click on the service tab at the top of th page.. then you'll see a black tab that says "add service"... then it pretty much walks you thru putting the info in... easy peasy.

Roland
Old 10-07-18, 06:58 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,013 Likes on 692 Posts

Besides Lexus dealers, Toyota dealers can enter data for your vehicle on the Lexus Drivers site. If you have service work done somewhere other than a Lexus dealer or a Toyota dealer, you can log into your account on the Lexus Drivers site and enter it yourself.
Old 10-07-18, 10:39 AM
nuraman00
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppa
Well I could be completely wrong about this, but my initial reaction is no, I don't believe they'll enter any data into Lexus Drivers... The last sat of tires I purchased, I got from a local tire shop ( Gateway Tire and Service ) and they don't enter the info. However you can "self report" your tire rotations yourself on Lexus Drivers. Once you're logged into the site, just click on the service tab at the top of th page.. then you'll see a black tab that says "add service"... then it pretty much walks you thru putting the info in... easy peasy.

Roland
Originally Posted by lesz
Besides Lexus dealers, Toyota dealers can enter data for your vehicle on the Lexus Drivers site. If you have service work done somewhere other than a Lexus dealer or a Toyota dealer, you can log into your account on the Lexus Drivers site and enter it yourself.

Yeah. I tried the self report once in 2017, after I went to a Toyota dealer and I realized they didn't enter the info.

I took the printout that they gave me, and tried to enter verbatim onto the online form. It kept rejecting it. There was a problem with invalid characters or something. But I was entering exactly what I saw with the printout.

I kept shortening the history as much as I could, to remove possible invalid characters.

Even when it did save, it then only seemed to save the first paragraph.

I spent 45+ minutes entering and re-entering the info, to finally have it accept a very condensed version of what was on the printout.

It was not easy peasy. I don't want to deal with it again.

I guess I'll ask America's Tire Company if they can enter it. If not, then when I go to a Lexus service center, I'll ask them, even though I'll feel weird about asking them to enter service from an outside vendor.

I'll probably try it once again myself, but if it's anything like that 2017 experience, I'm not going to try multiple times.