ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Malfunction Messages after Repair

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-18, 02:20 PM
16LexusES
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Malfunction Messages after Repair

So someone bumped by 2016 Lexus ES 350 in a parking lot, denting the front quarter panel on the driver's side. Brought it to the body shop and it was repaired and all is well, but I now have codes popping up I did not have before--pre-collision system malfunction, headlight system malfunction, lane departure alert malfunction and forward camera system unavailable. Of course, the body shop was closed when I discovered this so will have to bring it back in this week. As there are numerous codes, I presume the battery was disconnected during the repair and reset the computer or something. Is there anything I can do on my own to remedy before I have to miss work and deal with the inconvenience of going back to the repair shop or worse yet have to deal with them telling me they can't remedy and I have to now bring it to the dealer to fix the codes. Thanks for your help.
Old 10-27-18, 04:37 PM
L3XUSFAN
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

IMO I wouldn't touch it. Disconnecting the battery wouldn't give you errors especially since it was working for a while. Most likely the body shop missed something or repaired a wiring harness incorrectly. Let the body shop handle it.
The following 2 users liked this post by L3XUSFAN:
Mike728 (10-27-18), st1800 (10-27-18)
Old 10-29-18, 09:50 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Was the body shop a reliable one? The key in any repair, you must use a reliable shop. It may be a tad more money, but none of these issues will show up later. It is so hard to find a decent repair shop nowadays. But if the shop repairs Maserati's and other exotic cars, you know they will repair your Lexus right!
Old 10-29-18, 09:52 AM
jamestpc
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 16LexusES
So someone bumped by 2016 Lexus ES 350 in a parking lot, denting the front quarter panel on the driver's side. Brought it to the body shop and it was repaired and all is well, but I now have codes popping up I did not have before--pre-collision system malfunction, headlight system malfunction, lane departure alert malfunction and forward camera system unavailable. Of course, the body shop was closed when I discovered this so will have to bring it back in this week. As there are numerous codes, I presume the battery was disconnected during the repair and reset the computer or something. Is there anything I can do on my own to remedy before I have to miss work and deal with the inconvenience of going back to the repair shop or worse yet have to deal with them telling me they can't remedy and I have to now bring it to the dealer to fix the codes. Thanks for your help.
Wow, how hard was the 'bump'...did the airbags deploy??? All those things sound like they damaged the front quarter and the sensors are messed up.