ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Driver side pillar trim replacement!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-18, 10:00 AM
optic01
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Driver side pillar trim replacement!

Hello guys ! Hope you guys are having a good day !
I have a ES350 2018 and I am looking for a replacement for the pillar trim .it seems I had touched by mistake the pillar with a cigarette and it has a bur mark and it bugs me .I had tried to clean it with alcohol ,dish hope but the burn is still there ,do you guys know where I can find a replacement for it .My interior color is parchment.

that burn mark !
Old 12-02-18, 10:50 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,013 Likes on 692 Posts

All of the dealers have guys that they use to do various repairs to the interiors of cars. Typically, the people who do that kind of work move from one dealer to another in an area during the course of every several weeks. When a dealer gets a trade-in or a lease return that they want to sell as, say, a CPO vehicle, they will use these people to do minor repairs to the interiors of those cars. So, you might try talking to the service department managers or used car managers at some dealerships in your area and ask them whom they use for those kinds of repairs. Or you could see if, on your own, you could find people who, in your area, do interior repairs like these. One of the franchises that does those kinds of repairs and is in many parts of the country is called Color Glo. Once you find out who, in your area, does those kinds of repairs, you can call them directly and arrange to meet up with them at one of the dealers where they will be working in the next few days.

Alternatively, you could try to do a repair yourself. Years ago, I read about a method for repairing a damaged small area of the headliner similar to your burn. When a bought a CPO ES about a dozen years ago, there was what appeared to be small burned spot on one of the sun visors. I used this method to repair the area, and it turned out quite well.

Start by finding an inconspicuous spot on the headliner. A spot that would normally be covered by the cover for one of the dome lights/reading lights in the car would be a good choice. Then, take a razor blade and carefully scrape off some of the fibers from the surface of the headliner in that inconspicuous spot. Next, place a small drop of Elmer's glue on the damaged area. Then, gently place some of the fibers that you scraped off of the headliner onto the glue in the damaged area. Finally, use something like a toothpick to evenly distribute and "fluff" those fibers into the glue. If you do this in a careful and patient manner, the repair should be one that you would have to look at very closely to be able to notice it.
Old 12-02-18, 03:54 PM
NdYAG
Advanced

Received 190 Likes on 132 Posts

https://www.mylparts.com/oem-parts/l...m-6222006250a0