ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Body Shop

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-19, 01:10 AM
Poppa
Instructor

Received 166 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Body Shop

So earlier this week I was driving home during a storm, it was dark and I was going about 55 mph... all of a sudden I see "something" ( looked to be round ) bouncing across the road into my lane and I hit it.. didn't sound big and it really sounded like it hit under the car... didn't give it a second thought... The next night I'm coming out of the gym and I see it immediately...on the corner of the front bumper where it sweeps around to the side of the car ( below the headlight and above the fog light ) I see a series of fairly deep scratches.. guessing there was 7 or 8 of them about 2 inches long or so.. I tried rubbing them out with a microfiber cloth - no luck - grabbed an old can of wax and tried rubbing them out with that... only made it worse because the wax was now in the grooves of the scratches which were in the clear coat... I know it's not a big deal, I know I can get it fixed but I'm thinking, well here goes another 150 bucks or more... Next day took my car to my buddy's body shop.. they were about to close but he said no problem.. He must have spent about 45 minutes using fine grit sand paper, then using a rotary buffer, repeating each process numerous times... when he was done the scratches were gone.. not a hint... I pulled out my Visa and said how much... he shook his head no and said man, I aint gonna charge you for a little sanding and buffing... Zero, Nada... Now this man stayed nearly an hour past closing time and charged me nothing. I've known this guy since he opened his shop up over 30 years ago.. every single time I've had an issue that needed a body shop, his was the only shop I used.... just as important he knows how I am about my cars...and as a car buff himself he appreciates that. wished I had taken before / after pics but I didn't think of it. I just wanted to share because it's not every day you find a body shop that treats you the way they have always treated me...

Roland
Old 01-13-19, 06:34 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,014 Likes on 693 Posts

That is good to hear.

I've had a shop that I've used for decades, and I've had similar experiences there.

It is, I'm sure, good business practice to operate in that manner. When the owner and/or employees of the shop go out of their way to take care of customers and when they do a job like that without a charge, that is what builds customer loyalty. It is what will bring you back when you have a bigger job that needs to be done and what will make you recommend that shop to other potential customers.

Glad to hear that your on-the-road mishap didn't result in damage that was any more serious.
The following users liked this post:
Poppa (01-14-19)
Old 01-13-19, 09:51 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,300 Likes on 905 Posts

Well Poppa, since he's a real gentleman and won't take your money, you should find out which beer brand he likes and buy him a case. Just drop it off with a thank you card. If he's a non drinker buy him a Saints shirt after you figure out his size... This is how I'd handle it...

And furthermore, I'm hoping that the Philadelphia Eagles send your Saints packing right out of the playoffs... Will be a good game, Saints ain't nobody to mess with... Hopefully Nick Foles is on his game today... Took care of Chicago last week...

Last edited by bc6152; 01-13-19 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-13-19, 01:30 PM
Albo
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Cody Parkey took care of the bears last week lol
Old 01-14-19, 01:43 AM
Poppa
Instructor

Received 166 Likes on 119 Posts

Bc... oh I'm going to take care of them. I plan to go to a small local deli and have them take a catered lunch to his shop. Shouldn't be that much, I think the entire shop is about 10 employees... plus he's done free things for me in the past... and he's also done things that he's charged me for, but he charged me 1/10th of what Toyota or Lexas wanted to charge me for the same thing. So a catered "thank you" lunch for him and his workers would make him very happy... as for the eagles and the Saints... sorry my friend, that ship has sailed..... but I will tell you.. the Eagles had me shaking in my boots in the first quarter...

Roland