JackedAF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are the purchase prices posted before or after tax? If after then I'm amazed
Old 05-14-19, 07:55 PM
Albo
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

I'd assume before tax. Considering each state has different tax rates, it should be before. Vehicle price
Old 05-16-19, 12:27 AM
tarm
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Just picked it up today. Will try to get pic when it gets light out today

Price of Vehicle: $25,470
Date of vehicle Purchased: 4/15/19
Model Year: 2016
ES350 or 300h: ES350
Mileage: 34k
Lexus Certified? Yes
Exterior Color: Obsidian Black
Interior Color: Black
Included Packages: Nav, Lux Pack, Safety +, Pana Roof (would have rather had pwr trunk), Heated wheel, rain sens wipers and heated deice, 18" wheels , 2 FOBs, complete set of 4 oem rubber & carpet floor mats (still new), updated nav/map sw, etc

Which Dealership: Silver Spring MD Lexus

Took unlimited CPO wrap $2k;
IIRC thru 2027 its from in service date. Only reason I neg for & took the "wrap" was the head unit and all the Safety + sensors/electronics. I saw the cost and Lexus hr rate could easily cost more than that with just one hit. I had the money budgeted as we pay cash for everything. Last car loan was 22yrs ago. We average 30-35Kmiles per yr. It will be over 200K miles and still a full B2B warranty. Would not have touched it if it had they typ mileage limit.

I guess I did OK on the vehicle price and not terrible on the Wrap Goal was to get it under $2K but they would not budge any further coming down from about $3k to start. Got the down $1300 on the car price (basically the CPO upcharge amount I am guessing. So OTD minus tax tags... was under $28K which includes the ext "Wrap" warranty.

Looks to have been garage kept and majority hwy driven (well cared for). A couple (as in 2 I could find in sunlight) small thin short light scratches; not thru the clear. Should buff out when I detail it. Its black so I know there are web swirls I will need to buff out regardless. Never seen a dealer used detail shop that did not cause them yet.

This is my first Lexus or really any prem luxury brand vehicle. I thought the feel of driving it would be very close to the same model yr Avalon. I was very wrong. Way way better. Much quieter, no rattles or suspension sounds even over sharp rumble type road bumps. The feel of the steering and even the feedback of the steering wheel itself was IMO better than the almost new 2018 Avalon I test drove with 4K miles which had rattles and sounds etc more road noise. Never expected to like the bells and whistles but damn if I have to admit I do LOL. Love the auto movement of the wheel and seats for enter and exit the drivers seat. Want to see how these auto switching high beams work along with the rain sensing wipers.

Have to go back as I did not have time to let them update the maps sftwr as I had not checked that till we were almost done with the paper work. Presently it seems to have the orig map 2015 but current updated sys soft.

I come from driving Super Duty PU, and Excursions (all 250/350 diesels), Highlander, Sonata. You can imagine the shock to the dramatic dif in ride and outside/road noise and over all quality / fit and finish. I am honestly scared I will fall asleep driving as its so damn quiet and no road trans vibrations and comfy etc. My Excursion has nice comfy seats as they are huge leather captains but while they are certainly more roomy these Lexus seats just support and fit right when adj and there's way more adj room between the seats mirrors steering wheel combo to get things perfect. Did not expect that. This all must sound silly to all you long time higher end auto owners. Like some amazon tribal man sitting in a top of the line lazyboy compared to his fav rotted bug infested tree stump seat. Talk about really feelin like a redneck LOL

Want to get the Enform Remote activated tomorrow as I want the RES, LCK UNLCK track etc features. I see it also allows RES with the FOB from info gleaned off this forum i.e 3 press and hold on last of the lck button as long as your in range. Nice option especial if your in a no data area which out here in the hilly sticks we actually have a good bit of.

BTW I wanted to send a thank you to the members of this forum. I used this forum as my research index as I was evaluating the various models and options +/- costs etc. Thank You. It was the only forum I could find that had such a wide variation of info and detailed answers.

Thanks again and I'm sure I will be asking questions once I start really diggin into to things.

Last edited by tarm; 05-16-19 at 12:35 AM.
The following users liked this post:
AbeFromann (05-18-19)
Old 05-16-19, 05:31 AM
jollick
Racer

Received 181 Likes on 158 Posts

Congratulations tarm!
Old 05-16-19, 05:58 AM
pab12
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

>I am honestly scared I will fall asleep

Be careful... There was a report of a couple in Florida who died of CO exposure. They had a recent Avalon that, with keyless ignition, they forgot to turn off when parking in their garage. They were found in the bedroom dead with the car out of gas and the battery fully drained... =:-0
=================================
My karma just ran over your dogma
Current Hers: '13 Lexus ES350
Current Mine: '15 Jaguar XF (its aubergine)
Old 05-16-19, 07:08 AM
Hasman69
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

@tarm Congrats and Welcome !
Old 05-16-19, 09:03 AM
Tootsall
Instructor

Received 204 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by pab12
>I am honestly scared I will fall asleep

Be careful... There was a report of a couple in Florida who died of CO exposure. They had a recent Avalon that, with keyless ignition, they forgot to turn off when parking in their garage. They were found in the bedroom dead with the car out of gas and the battery fully drained... =:-0
)
That's no joke. When I got home with my "new to me" '14 ES350 I parked it in the garage, shut it off and went in the house. Flipping through the manual I saw the note about remote start capability and started fiddling with the FOB. Went out to the garage about 15 minutes later and the car was running! The garage is attached to the house. Beware and take care!
Old 05-16-19, 09:16 AM
HappyDisti
Driver School Candidate

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2013 ES Luxury with 26,000 km (15,600 miles)

Hi

I currently drive a 2015 RC F & my daily drive & winter vehicle is a 2013 Rav4 Limited. I really don't like the short wheel base ride and spend lots of time in traffic so I am looking for an ES 2013+. I found a 2013 with the Luxury and a couple other options but no ML or Ultra Luxury but only 15,000 miles (70 year old man). It is 12 hour drive away, so a flight and a trip back. He is willing to sell it for $25,000 CND$ (about $18,500 US$).

Based on the mileage I think this a fair price and just wondered if I can quickly ask if that seems right as I have seen many closer to $12,000 US$ but they have 60,000 miles, so the cheaper once the mileage gets up the prices are much cheaper and they don't seem to be selling.

Love my RC F after coming from a 2014 Audi RS5 cabriolet, Jag, Merc, BMW...

Last edited by HappyDisti; 05-16-19 at 01:02 PM.
Old 05-16-19, 11:10 PM
tarm
Rookie

Thanks guys for the welcome! also I hear ya on garage and remote start. I actually installed a Carbon Monoxide Smoke Detectors in the garage which is part of a networked system using AC power and comm with bat backup. Any detector goes off they all do. Have other combo units by the water heater, gas dryer and stove.
Old 05-17-19, 05:49 PM
Luxure
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JackedAF
Are the purchase prices posted before or after tax? If after then I'm amazed
Assuming you were asking about my post above or someone else? Mine is before tax. It was a good deal to me, but then again I negotiated. Even though no nav, I was OK with that because it is easier and quicker to look something up on my smartphone then try and input through nav, so I probably wouldn't have used it much to begin with.

I'll get pics posted soon, it's beautiful!
The following users liked this post:
st1800 (05-17-19)
Old 05-17-19, 07:29 PM
ohnims
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tarm
Just picked it up today. Will try to get pic when it gets light out today

Price of Vehicle: $25,470
Date of vehicle Purchased: 4/15/19
Model Year: 2016
ES350 or 300h: ES350
Mileage: 34k
Lexus Certified? Yes
Exterior Color: Obsidian Black
Included Packages: Nav, Lux Pack, Safety +, Pana Roof (would have rather had pwr trunk), Heated wheel, rain sens wipers and heated deice, 18" wheels , 2 FOBs, complete set of 4 oem rubber & carpet floor mats (still new), updated nav/map sw, etc

Which Dealership: Silver Spring MD Lexus

Took unlimited CPO wrap $2k;
IIRC thru 2027 its from in service date. Only reason I neg for & took the "wrap" was the head unit and all the Safety + sensors/electronics. I saw the cost and Lexus hr rate could easily cost more than that with just one hit. I had the money budgeted as we pay cash for everything. Last car loan was 22yrs ago. We average 30-35Kmiles per yr. It will be over 200K miles and still a full B2B warranty. Would not have touched it if it had they typ mileage limit.

I guess I did OK on the vehicle price and not terrible on the Wrap Goal was to get it under $2K but they would not budge any further coming down from about $3k to start. Got the down $1300 on the car price (basically the CPO upcharge amount I am guessing. So OTD minus tax tags... was under $28K which includes the ext "Wrap" warranty.

Looks to have been garage kept and majority hwy driven (well cared for). A couple (as in 2 I could find in sunlight) small thin short light scratches; not thru the clear. Should buff out when I detail it. Its black so I know there are web swirls I will need to buff out regardless. Never seen a dealer used detail shop that did not cause them yet.

This is my first Lexus or really any prem luxury brand vehicle. I thought the feel of driving it would be very close to the same model yr Avalon. I was very wrong. Way way better. Much quieter, no rattles or suspension sounds even over sharp rumble type road bumps. The feel of the steering and even the feedback of the steering wheel itself was IMO better than the almost new 2018 Avalon I test drove with 4K miles which had rattles and sounds etc more road noise. Never expected to like the bells and whistles but damn if I have to admit I do LOL. Love the auto movement of the wheel and seats for enter and exit the drivers seat. Want to see how these auto switching high beams work along with the rain sensing wipers.

Have to go back as I did not have time to let them update the maps sftwr as I had not checked that till we were almost done with the paper work. Presently it seems to have the orig map 2015 but current updated sys soft.

I come from driving Super Duty PU, and Excursions (all 250/350 diesels), Highlander, Sonata. You can imagine the shock to the dramatic dif in ride and outside/road noise and over all quality / fit and finish. I am honestly scared I will fall asleep driving as its so damn quiet and no road trans vibrations and comfy etc. My Excursion has nice comfy seats as they are huge leather captains but while they are certainly more roomy these Lexus seats just support and fit right when adj and there's way more adj room between the seats mirrors steering wheel combo to get things perfect. Did not expect that. This all must sound silly to all you long time higher end auto owners. Like some amazon tribal man sitting in a top of the line lazyboy compared to his fav rotted bug infested tree stump seat. Talk about really feelin like a redneck LOL

Want to get the Enform Remote activated tomorrow as I want the RES, LCK UNLCK track etc features. I see it also allows RES with the FOB from info gleaned off this forum i.e 3 press and hold on last of the lck button as long as your in range. Nice option especial if your in a no data area which out here in the hilly sticks we actually have a good bit of.

BTW I wanted to send a thank you to the members of this forum. I used this forum as my research index as I was evaluating the various models and options +/- costs etc. Thank You. It was the only forum I could find that had such a wide variation of info and detailed answers.

Thanks again and I'm sure I will be asking questions once I start really diggin into to things.
Congrats on your purchase!
I'm looking at a car similar to yours. Could you please elaborate the CPO wrap? Can I take it as though you've extended the unlimited mileage CPO warranty for extra years? Boy am I glad that I came across your post before buying mine, because I would've wanted it and would not have thought to negotiate the price for it.

Also, how were you able to tell that the car was garage kept and driven on the highway mostly?

Thank you, and enjoy your ride!

Last edited by ohnims; 05-17-19 at 07:30 PM. Reason: added one more question
Old 05-17-19, 08:51 PM
tarm
Rookie

My very long winded answer.....

Yes you can. It just extends the bumper to bumper CPO warranty out to what is a total of 10yrs from date the car was first in service/purchased/leased by first owner. Basically if it was say a used 16' you purchased right now that went into first service May 2016 you would have a B2B Lexus Factory Warranty till May 2026. For someone like myself were we put almost double the 15K /yr standard, it gives me 200K worth of extra mileage warranty + the miles that are already on it. This means B2B coverage up to roughly 230K miles. It is those factors that made the choice for me to have it be worth purchasing. The entire unlimited mile CPO program that made getting a Lexus vs a Genesis or normal Toyota Avalon a lock in.

We always run out of warranty in half the time length as we put 2x the miles on but Lexus does away with this loss. It also IMO speaks to the confidence they have in their vehicles as they are going to ensure they always come out on top profit wise. Further you can also not only transfer this warranty to a new owner if you choose you can also transfer it to a different Lexus if you were to buy another CPO before it runs out. Not that it would add much possibly but its still nice they treat it like this so you do not loose out like you do with so many manf.

For me I had the money and would rather have a fixed known cost upfront than unexpected possible cost down the road even if there is a chance I might not use it to its full cost value. Peace of mind is worth it as you never know what the future holds. Its not fear for me as I have the money to pay for any repair if I needed to do so. But at the same time it would suck to be at a point you are short on funds and have a head unit or less likely but a powertrain part go **** up. Head units are what 4K+ installed( I have seen Genesis head units quoted up to 10K which is stupid crazy) Get to the newer 8 sp trans and those can be 8K for a reman. swap. Just saying there is a reason we all have insurance; and warranties are just that..... insurance. If we all used or got our moneys worth from them they could not exist as they would go belly up. Fact is its a known expense we likely will over shoot for the peace of mind that covers those times of where things FUBAR. Just like vehicle, home owners, medical, umbrella, life its all there to balance risk with cost.

Along those lines is why I use COSTCO for my tires as I get full warranty and life time tire rotations and balancing every 4-5K miles nitro fill and top offs. Cheap insurance that my tires are covered for 60K. I also am lucky to have very good tech that work at my COSTCO. That is not always the case in other areas. I have never had tires last as consistently long as they do since I have been using freq rotation and balancing and nitrogen. Also seem to hold consistent pressure better vs reg air and much longer. I also do not trust the sensors and use a high precision calibrated pressure gauge.

As for the Lexus ES for $2K I know anything excluding fluids, brake pads and filters which I do myself are taken care of as is a loaner car. I am thus never down a vehicle nor have to arrange someone to pick me up etc. I do not have to plan to have say $5K set aside for possible vehicle maintenance. As I have 3 children and my wife all driving age that is 5-6 vehicles to have peace of mind not to have to budget for the couple most costly of those is a one less thing to budget. Its not as if I would invest that money and make serious profit in funds I might need quick access to. Otherwise the lowest return I get is 5%. If this car did not have a advanced head unit pano roof and all the safety sensors etc then I might have had to think harder on it. But 2-2.5K for 7 yrs unlimited miles of peace of mind which is 3/4 of its entire duty life is worth it. It also allows me to sell it outright with maybe 3-6 months left which would give any new owner 100% buying confidence and allow me to get top dollar vs basically wholesale val they give you as trade ins.
Old 05-17-19, 10:32 PM
ohnims
Driver School Candidate

First off, thank you so much for your thoughtful insight.

I have learned to like the CPO's; I was not aware of the extra CPO warranty. I've bought new/used/CPO before. The new car that I bought was without any extended warranty, and the original warranty expired within the first 2 years. Luckily, the car has stayed in shape up until 110k miles I have now, without any major issues.
From having German cars, I've learned to favor the CPOs, and knowing that Lexus offers additional warranty on top of already-generous CPO warranty, I'll most definitely end up getting the Lexus over any other brand. I just love having the additional peace of mind, just like you. I agree that paying 2-3k more for 3 more years of unlimited mileage warranty - and even transferable? I'm sold.

Thanks again for making me think that I'm making a great choice in getting a CPO Lexus.
Old 05-19-19, 01:51 AM
AfroPoker
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Price of Vehicle: $16,500
Date of vehicle Purchased: 11/21/18
Model Year: 2014
Imported from: Korea
My Country: Mongolia
ES350 or 300h: ES300h
Mileage: 96k
Lexus Certified? Yes
Exterior Color: Silver
Included Packages: Lux Pack, Safety+, Pana Roof(would have rather had pwr trunk), rain sens wipers and heated deice, 17" wheels , complete set of 4 oem rubber & carpet floor mats (still new)

It is in very good condition but It is to be believed it was in accident that seems to be got hit from right side(Passenger side). Because passenger and rear right windows are fake cheap windows that was cut to fit the far, as well as passenger seat belt has issues that have to pull many times till it comes out. One thing I am concerned about is that, from that videos I've seen Lexus ES has that airbag marks on pillars where this one does not. Rear right doors' sensor does not work wether if its closed or opened however locking on door handle works.
Old 05-19-19, 03:06 PM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 660 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by AfroPoker
Price of Vehicle: $16,500
Date of vehicle Purchased: 11/21/18
Model Year: 2014
Imported from: Korea
My Country: Mongolia
ES350 or 300h: ES300h
Mileage: 96k
Lexus Certified? Yes
Exterior Color: Silver
Included Packages: Lux Pack, Safety+, Pana Roof(would have rather had pwr trunk), rain sens wipers and heated deice, 17" wheels , complete set of 4 oem rubber & carpet floor mats (still new)

It is in very good condition but It is to be believed it was in accident that seems to be got hit from right side(Passenger side). Because passenger and rear right windows are fake cheap windows that was cut to fit the far, as well as passenger seat belt has issues that have to pull many times till it comes out. One thing I am concerned about is that, from that videos I've seen Lexus ES has that airbag marks on pillars where this one does not. Rear right doors' sensor does not work wether if its closed or opened however locking on door handle works.
You're saying you have a pano roof on a hybrid? I don't thing that's possible.

Quick Reply: Did you buy used?? Post your Used 6th Gen ES with specs and price