ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Under Hood Fuse Box replacment ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-19, 12:20 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Under Hood Fuse Box replacment ?

So my 2016 ES300h is at the shop for the past few weeks they are assembling all the parts Monday and Tuesday but said not to count on it until possibly Thursday Friday next week cause they still have to send it to Lexus to program stuff.
What im curious about is what will need to be programmed that only Lexus will be able to do? i understand if they are saying hybrid system maybe something about that im not sure but the hybrid components only thing that needs to be replaced is the bracket for the inverter converter from what i understand then they also have to replace the entire fuse box cause its cracked the shop manager said that once he pulls that fuse box out to replace that will be one of the last things he does he said it will then have to go to Lexus to have programming done. but if the engine computer and trans computer none of that stuff is affected by this accident is there a chance that maybe he was just saying that cause he wasn't sure but wanted to give extra time for worst-case scenario ? will everything program back up and be fine once its put all back together and then won't have to go for programing ? or is there something i am missing here that will cause it to have to go for programming and what is it that would have to be at a Lexus dealer and not Toyota dealership for this? cause the collision shop it's at is a Toyota dealership collision shop i would have thought they would have wanted to keep it in-house to keep more of the money and not have to sublet it to Lexus so what am i missing here?
Old 12-14-19, 08:28 PM
zes
Advanced

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

I do not think there is any magic in the computer. Don't see why anything would have to be reprogrammed by the dealer. Your repair shop is probably being very cautious.
Hopefully it will all work out well!
Old 12-14-19, 09:01 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by zes
I do not think there is any magic in the computer. Don't see why anything would have to be reprogrammed by the dealer. Your repair shop is probably being very cautious.
Hopefully, it will all work out well!
as i was looking back through the estimate from the shop
i see where i think they might be saying it needs to go to the dealership
something about the headlamp
69 # S01 Subl CALIBRATE HEADLAMP & ADAS LEXUS DEALER )(((((( i don't know but does the headlamp have to be calibrated or antying ? its the auto high beam and the LED since this had alot of damge it actualy is the reason the fuse box had to be repalced the headlamp got shover back into the fuse box and the bracket for the inverter

Last edited by ThumperPup; 12-14-19 at 09:04 PM.
Old 12-15-19, 08:33 AM
zes
Advanced

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Maybe it is just to align the headlamps and the shop does not have the capabilities to do it right?
Old 12-17-19, 02:22 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by zes
Maybe it is just to align the headlamps and the shop does not have the capabilities to do it right?
i called the shop up today just to see how the work was coming along said that right now they are replacing the fuse box and then they go and put the bumper back on and put it all back together in the next day or so i asked him about the programing and he said that he thinks it will need to be done because there are two small computers in the headlamp itself i guess because i have the Bi level Hid and the auto high beam perhaps im not sure didnt ask exactly but he said hes had lexus in the past that have had to go for that